DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Painkillers' album launch show 11 April, London [a.k.a. "Exclusive Fan Only Performance".]

Go down 
+13
sickgirlesther
Steve70s
MorganEightSix
Fail
StitchesOnTheRadio
Thunder_Road
Palmer89
ivienco
kjakm
CapedAvenger
cowgirlwiththeblues
enola
steady now steady now
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

'Painkillers' album launch show 11 April, London  [a.k.a. "Exclusive Fan Only Performance".] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Painkillers' album launch show 11 April, London [a.k.a. "Exclusive Fan Only Performance".]   'Painkillers' album launch show 11 April, London  [a.k.a. "Exclusive Fan Only Performance".] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 7:57 am

Yep, odd they announced the extra tickets so long before actually releasing any.

Maybe I'm just too impatient...
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

'Painkillers' album launch show 11 April, London  [a.k.a. "Exclusive Fan Only Performance".] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Painkillers' album launch show 11 April, London [a.k.a. "Exclusive Fan Only Performance".]   'Painkillers' album launch show 11 April, London  [a.k.a. "Exclusive Fan Only Performance".] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 2:48 am

Codes will be sent out on March 14th (preorder must be done by March 10th) but they haven't stated a date for when the tickets go on sale yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: 'Painkillers' album launch show 11 April, London [a.k.a. "Exclusive Fan Only Performance".]   'Painkillers' album launch show 11 April, London  [a.k.a. "Exclusive Fan Only Performance".] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 11:19 pm

enola wrote:
Codes will be sent out on March 14th (preorder must be done by March 10th) but they haven't stated a date for when the tickets go on sale yet.

Oh I'll be waiting then, thanks for the heads up!
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: 'Painkillers' album launch show 11 April, London [a.k.a. "Exclusive Fan Only Performance".]   'Painkillers' album launch show 11 April, London  [a.k.a. "Exclusive Fan Only Performance".] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 8:14 am

So the remaining few tickets go on sale tomorrow morning. I'm still desperate to go so I'll be frantically hitting my refresh key along with everyone else, but I'm really not holding out any hope of getting them now. It's a 120 seat venue and there were 100 on sale initially, which leaves 20 - but we know 8 of those have been prizes on this forum, so that leaves 12, or six pairs - at most. No idea how many people will be after those, but I'm sure it will be in the thousands.

Even the scalpers seem to have run out of tickets now! Kind of regret not getting them when they were there, I just hate the thought of giving my money to those people.
Back to top Go down
pauldt1969
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Painkillers' album launch show 11 April, London [a.k.a. "Exclusive Fan Only Performance".]   'Painkillers' album launch show 11 April, London  [a.k.a. "Exclusive Fan Only Performance".] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 6:07 am

So, just like last time, I couldn't have got through any quicker but nothing doing. Not surprised but absolutely gutted nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'Painkillers' album launch show 11 April, London [a.k.a. "Exclusive Fan Only Performance".]   'Painkillers' album launch show 11 April, London  [a.k.a. "Exclusive Fan Only Performance".] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 6:07 am

Yep same, I want to go to this so bad Sad
Back to top Go down
MorganEightSix
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MorganEightSix

PostSubject: Re: 'Painkillers' album launch show 11 April, London [a.k.a. "Exclusive Fan Only Performance".]   'Painkillers' album launch show 11 April, London  [a.k.a. "Exclusive Fan Only Performance".] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 10:17 am

Got pulled into a meeting at work first thing and completely missed even trying for these. Still I've entered the competition so fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: 'Painkillers' album launch show 11 April, London [a.k.a. "Exclusive Fan Only Performance".]   'Painkillers' album launch show 11 April, London  [a.k.a. "Exclusive Fan Only Performance".] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 3:53 pm

Well, I’m going after all!!

I came across a guy a couple of days ago selling a pair of tickets, and sent a message asking how much, fully expecting him to come back with hundreds. Tried to figure out how much I would actually pay, given that I just shelled out £170 for a pair of Springsteen tickets and that this is probably a once in a lifetime. Anyway, after a very nervous hour or so (which felt like days!) he came back and said he just wanted what he paid for them, plus postage to me. I was so grateful that I actually haggled him up by a fiver!! I felt really bad for him, as he’d had a change of job and could no longer get the time off work, and was gutted to have to sell – so it was really good of him not to look for the easy profit that the other sellers are.

Anyway, they are now in my hands (I've been terrified of them going missing in the post!) and in my faith in humanity is completely restored. See some of you there! I’ll be the one in the queue clutching the tickets tightly to my chest so that they can’t be taken by a pickpocket/breeze/passing pigeon/alien abduction! 😃
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'Painkillers' album launch show 11 April, London [a.k.a. "Exclusive Fan Only Performance".]   'Painkillers' album launch show 11 April, London  [a.k.a. "Exclusive Fan Only Performance".] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 8:08 pm

cowgirlwiththeblues wrote:
Well, I’m going after all!!

I came across a guy a couple of days ago selling a pair of tickets, and sent a message asking how much, fully expecting him to come back with hundreds.  Tried to figure out how much I would actually pay, given that I just shelled out £170 for a pair of Springsteen tickets and that this is probably a once in a lifetime.  Anyway, after a very nervous hour or so (which felt like days!) he came back and said he just wanted what he paid for them, plus postage to me.  I was so grateful that I actually haggled him up by a fiver!!  I felt really bad for him, as he’d had a change of job and could no longer get the time off work, and was gutted to have to sell – so it was really good of him not to look for the easy profit that the other sellers are.

Anyway, they are now in my hands (I've been terrified of them going missing in the post!) and in my faith in humanity is completely restored.  See some of you there!  I’ll be the one in the queue clutching the tickets tightly to my chest so that they can’t be taken by a pickpocket/breeze/passing pigeon/alien abduction! 😃

Wow, good to hear some people aren't just in it for a profit.

If you happen to come across any other likeminded people with tickets to sell... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Casey
A Contender
A Contender
Casey

PostSubject: Re: 'Painkillers' album launch show 11 April, London [a.k.a. "Exclusive Fan Only Performance".]   'Painkillers' album launch show 11 April, London  [a.k.a. "Exclusive Fan Only Performance".] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 12:39 am

Early favourites:

Painkillers
Steve McQueen
Rosemary
Red Lights (was my favourite MATZ song, the new guitar at first sounded loud and obtrusive but now sounds awesome to me)
Honey Magnolia
Open All Night

Agreed with most the opinions posted here. The track listing also didn't make much sense to me, Mojo Hand sounds so out of place (I realize they did that on purpose), it just doesn't flow well at all. I also got a bit burnt out on A Wonderful Life just because I've been listening to it the longest. Really love the lyrics in Open All Night (dat closing verse), Among Other Foolish Things, and Painkillers. Easily one of the strongest albums lyrically that Fallon has put out.

Really love the album though. I'd easily put it ahead of Get Hurt and maybe even Handwritten so far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Painkillers' album launch show 11 April, London [a.k.a. "Exclusive Fan Only Performance".]   'Painkillers' album launch show 11 April, London  [a.k.a. "Exclusive Fan Only Performance".] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Painkillers' album launch show 11 April, London [a.k.a. "Exclusive Fan Only Performance".]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3