DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Fallon, Neil Young night at Bowery

Go down 
+4
Shrewsbury_Stars
Coltrane
cmigs
turnitin2004
8 posters
AuthorMessage
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

Brian Fallon, Neil Young night at Bowery Empty
PostSubject: Brian Fallon, Neil Young night at Bowery   Brian Fallon, Neil Young night at Bowery Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 10:11 am

Anyone know much about this? I was surprised I was posting about it first. Probably someone posted something in another section already.

Looks like 20 or so artists are doing some sort of Neil young tribute. Are they all playing like one song each? Anyone have a better clue as to what this is? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon, Neil Young night at Bowery   Brian Fallon, Neil Young night at Bowery Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 3:03 pm

The same backing band has done versions of this with the Rolling Stones, Tom Petty, Bob Dylan.

The band stays relatively stagnant, with each singer getting 1-2 songs (frequently more 2), although sometimes people will come out and join other singers (Norah Jones, in ones I've seen, will be on stage singing backing vocals for a huge chunk of the show).

I've found these to be pretty fun, although it'll be interesting to see what Neil Young songs people pick - there's so many, they might run into obscure ones pretty quickly which I found hurt the Dylan show. The Tom Petty shows were the best, because everyone basically wants to sing one of Petty's greatest hits, and it's basically just a party with the best cover band in the world.
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon, Neil Young night at Bowery   Brian Fallon, Neil Young night at Bowery Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 3:08 pm

Not a huge Neil young fan so I guess I'll skip it. Love that concept though. Thanks for info.
Back to top Go down
Coltrane
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon, Neil Young night at Bowery   Brian Fallon, Neil Young night at Bowery Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 10:06 pm

This sounds cool, but for $55 it is something I can live without seeing.
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon, Neil Young night at Bowery   Brian Fallon, Neil Young night at Bowery Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 1:00 pm

Brian played After the Gold Rush on acoustic (with Danny Clinch supporting on harmonica), and joined Butch Walker and Jakob Dylan (and the full house band, including Patrick Carney of the Black Keys) for Ohio. I nearly lost my mind when he launched into After the Gold Rush - that song is amazing, and to see Brian play it was very, very cool.

Met Brian briefly afterwards - our exchange:

Me: "That was so cool, After Gold Rush is one of my favorite Neil Young songs."
Brian: "Mine too!"
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon, Neil Young night at Bowery   Brian Fallon, Neil Young night at Bowery Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 1:21 pm

Here's Brian, Butch and Jakob:

Brian Fallon, Neil Young night at Bowery 154dc7b

Brian Fallon, Neil Young night at Bowery 2zyd0ck
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon, Neil Young night at Bowery   Brian Fallon, Neil Young night at Bowery Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 2:50 pm

I walked by the venue last night just to torture myself, so that was fun.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon, Neil Young night at Bowery   Brian Fallon, Neil Young night at Bowery Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 6:28 pm

found this on youtube
there is also a snippet of Brian
Back to top Go down
NotLikeWeBleed
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon, Neil Young night at Bowery   Brian Fallon, Neil Young night at Bowery Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 5:28 pm

This just confirms how awesome it'd sound if Brian branched out into that folkyish genre lol
Back to top Go down
danastacy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
danastacy

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon, Neil Young night at Bowery   Brian Fallon, Neil Young night at Bowery Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2015 5:32 am

I Periscoped the show, but sadly I didn't know how to save it, as it was my first time doing it.
Got some still shots though, (which I can share when I'm not on my phone, it seems.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.instagram.com/dana_s____/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon, Neil Young night at Bowery   Brian Fallon, Neil Young night at Bowery Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Fallon, Neil Young night at Bowery
Page 1 of 1