DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

most collectable/valuable/expensive Gaslight Anthem vinyl, etc.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

most collectable/valuable/expensive Gaslight Anthem vinyl, etc. Empty
PostSubject: most collectable/valuable/expensive Gaslight Anthem vinyl, etc.   most collectable/valuable/expensive Gaslight Anthem vinyl, etc. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 4:58 pm

I am interested in compiling a list of the most collectable/valuable/expensive Gaslight Anthem vinyl, etc.

Here is a tentative list, with estimated values/prices based on auction records and personal communications.  I have adjusted the prices to take account of various factors which had influenced recorded prices at the time or which may affect prices now.

On the whole, one can argue that prices for the most collectable items will go up, as collectors acquire them from non-collectors and consequently make them less available, as they are more likely to hang on to them.  This is probably true even if the band were to rise no higher in popularity.

Please offer advice and suggestions. I will then add the list to my site.

Thanks

--------

Most Collectable/Valuable/Expensive Gaslight Anthem Vinyl, Etc.

Sink or Swim
1st US press 12''
black
100 pressed
$450-$800

Senor and the Queen
1st US press 2x7''
white
100 pressed
$450-$500

Sink or Swim Demos
1st Press 7''
blue/white splatter (limited hand screened outer jacket)
104 pressed
$250-$350

Get Hurt
1st US press 12''
red/clear split
300 pressed
$200-$300

The '59 Sound
1st Euro press 12''
green
300 pressed
$100-$150

also

The Horrible Crowes
Behold the Hurricane/Joey (single)
330 pressed
1st press 7''
$100-$150

lastly

The Gaslight Anthem
Sink or Swim Demo '06
CD-R
[number not known; only 2 known to exist]
$ [no idea]

Brian Fallon
The Coffeehouse Sessions
cassette tape
[about 200 made; 15-20 known to still exist]
$ [no idea]

Last edited by steady now steady now on Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:57 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: most collectable/valuable/expensive Gaslight Anthem vinyl, etc.   most collectable/valuable/expensive Gaslight Anthem vinyl, etc. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 12:45 pm

Be interesting to see what has become scarce over the last couple of years , I bet there is a good few that were easy at the time that are almost as scarce as the ones that have been listed.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: most collectable/valuable/expensive Gaslight Anthem vinyl, etc.   most collectable/valuable/expensive Gaslight Anthem vinyl, etc. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 1:09 pm

brucesboots wrote:
Be interesting to see what has become scarce over the last couple of years , I bet there is a good few that were easy at the time that are almost as scarce as the ones that have been listed.

The issue of scarcity is interesting.  

Firstly, there is scarcity as in how many were first pressed.  From the above it appears that you get into high $ values when as few as 300 were pressed. The really expensive ones are those of which just 100 were pressed.

Secondly, there is scarcity as in how frequently these come on the market. I gather that first pressings of American Slang are nudging $100 too (500 were pressed of each of the four colours).  So perhaps pressings of 500 will get harder and harder to find.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: most collectable/valuable/expensive Gaslight Anthem vinyl, etc.   most collectable/valuable/expensive Gaslight Anthem vinyl, etc. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 1:14 pm

things like THC live on black euro vinyl , did any info ever come out on pressing numbers ?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: most collectable/valuable/expensive Gaslight Anthem vinyl, etc.   most collectable/valuable/expensive Gaslight Anthem vinyl, etc. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 9:39 am

Based on new info, I have revised some amounts downwards. Sad

Much depends of course on when items are offered. When the band has a new album out and everyone is keen, back catalogue vinyl seems to fetch higher prices than when there is a lull in the band's activities.

In any case, none of this takes condition into account.

Any more comments?
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: most collectable/valuable/expensive Gaslight Anthem vinyl, etc.   most collectable/valuable/expensive Gaslight Anthem vinyl, etc. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 2:47 pm

As revised, I would generally agree with these. Though I don't think SoS black has sold much over $300 for a while. With only /100 though, there's no telling when a bidding war can really escalate it again. On the Get Hurt split, that one's just really hard to assess since so few of them have shown up on the secondary market.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: most collectable/valuable/expensive Gaslight Anthem vinyl, etc.   most collectable/valuable/expensive Gaslight Anthem vinyl, etc. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 12:59 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
As revised, I would generally agree with these. Though I don't think SoS black has sold much over $300 for a while. With only /100 though, there's no telling when a bidding war can really escalate it again. On the Get Hurt split, that one's just really hard to assess since so few of them have shown up on the secondary market.

well, here is a black SOS at $1,000 on Discogs What a Face

http://www.discogs.com/sell/release/4777033
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: most collectable/valuable/expensive Gaslight Anthem vinyl, etc.   most collectable/valuable/expensive Gaslight Anthem vinyl, etc. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 1:04 pm

I've revised the estimate prices once again

basically you can pick up one of these for less if the seller is desperate, but I think you can certainly get the above prices if you are prepared to hang on and go to auction with a high minimum bid, especially at a time when the band is hot

I'd love to know what people would pay if the tape or the CD-R came up at auction, as there are probably no more than 10 serious collectors.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: most collectable/valuable/expensive Gaslight Anthem vinyl, etc.   most collectable/valuable/expensive Gaslight Anthem vinyl, etc. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 2:07 pm

I would say im 1 of the 10 , to be honest I wouldnt pay more than about £50 for the cdr , shelf life on cdrs is not good (cd rot) and they are already getting close to 10 years , could be left with a stickered sleeve, same kinda goes for tape but that one is so rare and with the signed letter and ive never seen one for sale , I doubt I would ever risk putting one in a player anyway even if I had one. The cd-r has turned up a few times , could have bought one a couple of years back but walked away from it, think that sold for about £80. Having said all that I guess to complete my collection at some point I might have to bite the bullet.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: most collectable/valuable/expensive Gaslight Anthem vinyl, etc.   most collectable/valuable/expensive Gaslight Anthem vinyl, etc. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 2:17 pm

Get Hurt tour is up on discogs for $500, bit more than I would pay to be honest.
http://www.discogs.com/sell/item/251971845
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: most collectable/valuable/expensive Gaslight Anthem vinyl, etc.   most collectable/valuable/expensive Gaslight Anthem vinyl, etc. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 2:30 pm

Yeah those high asking prices on Discogs are really no different than the ridiculous "Buy It Now" prices on Ebay. Just because someone has the stones to ask a certain price has zero to do with whether anyone will actually pay it. Someone just bought an SoS black on Ebay last week for a "Buy it Now" price of about $230. It had started at like $400 and the seller kept lowering it for weeks until somone finally bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: most collectable/valuable/expensive Gaslight Anthem vinyl, etc.   most collectable/valuable/expensive Gaslight Anthem vinyl, etc. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

most collectable/valuable/expensive Gaslight Anthem vinyl, etc.
Page 1 of 1