DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you store your Gaslight Anthem vinyl?

Go down 
+5
Jerseyrain
jerzshore732
SirBrad
steady now steady now
McPhist0
9 posters
AuthorMessage
McPhist0
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

How do you store your Gaslight Anthem vinyl? Empty
PostSubject: How do you store your Gaslight Anthem vinyl?   How do you store your Gaslight Anthem vinyl? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 11:18 am

Hey peoples,

I'm a bit new on here, but I've seen some pictures on here of people with a huge Gaslight Anthem vinyl collection.
I've started to collect a few rare vinyl releases since Record Store Day started a few years ago and I've also got a few rare Gaslight Anthem records and I'm planning to get more.

So now I'm wondering how you people store your vinyl. Do you put them all in individual sleeves? Do you put them in crates, plastic boxes, special vinyl storage boxes like dj's do or maybe someone knows a good way to shelf them without getting damaged over time?
I've also heard most people saying it's no good to lay them flat on top of each other but store them upright..but I've heard other people saying that laying them flat on top of each other is actually better for small stacks of vinyl that are not too heavy.

Since I've got no personal experience with large collections I'm hoping some people on here can help me and share their personal experience with storing vinyl and telling me what works best Smile
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your Gaslight Anthem vinyl?   How do you store your Gaslight Anthem vinyl? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 11:22 am

I've always stored my vinyl records upright on a shelf, but my collection is upright in plastic storage boxes (this one: http://www.staples.co.uk/office-supplies/storage-archive-organisation/storage-boxes-plastic/really-useful-office-storage-boxes/19-litre-xl-clear-box )

Last edited by steady now steady now on Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your Gaslight Anthem vinyl?   How do you store your Gaslight Anthem vinyl? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 11:34 am

On IKEA Expedit in 3 mil polyethylene outer sleeves. If you actually play your records it might be a good idea to invest in quality inner sleeves since every pass on the paper inner sleeves is abrasive.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
McPhist0
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your Gaslight Anthem vinyl?   How do you store your Gaslight Anthem vinyl? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 11:53 am

Those storage boxes look nice and they are not too expensive either:) Thanks.

I totally forgot about those inner sleeves. Some are gonna be played a lot so I guess I will be needing some sleeves.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your Gaslight Anthem vinyl?   How do you store your Gaslight Anthem vinyl? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 11:56 am

I'm actually thinking of trying a different outersleeve. The poly's get real cloudy and end up looking like crap after a while. There are new sleeves called "Blake Sleeves" that are shiny and people seem to love them.

How many records you looking to store?
Back to top Go down
McPhist0
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your Gaslight Anthem vinyl?   How do you store your Gaslight Anthem vinyl? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 12:25 pm

I'll go find some information about those blake sleeves.
I've only got about 20 records at the moment. I used to collect cd's but I'm getting kinda tired of them. When I started collecting cd's there weren't as many cool vinyl releases as there are now. Lots of bands I like have nice limited edition vinyl releases so I'm gonna focus on getting those now.
I'm gonna get 7,10 and 12 inch releases and I'm also planning to put some up on my walls to showcase in the future because some covers are too nice to put away in storage:)
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your Gaslight Anthem vinyl?   How do you store your Gaslight Anthem vinyl? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 12:42 pm

They can be hard to find online so here it is...

http://www.clearbags.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=blake

They will send you samples of their products free of charge before you spend money on something you might not love.
Back to top Go down
jerzshore732
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your Gaslight Anthem vinyl?   How do you store your Gaslight Anthem vinyl? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 12:45 pm

bagsunlimited also sells them, and I also store mine in the boxes they sell for records, cardboard with a top for both 12" and 7"..... that's how I do it.
Back to top Go down
McPhist0
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your Gaslight Anthem vinyl?   How do you store your Gaslight Anthem vinyl? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 1:30 pm

Those sleeves look sexy. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your Gaslight Anthem vinyl?   How do you store your Gaslight Anthem vinyl? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:29 am

I store mine flat, does any one know for sure if this is bad?
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your Gaslight Anthem vinyl?   How do you store your Gaslight Anthem vinyl? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:36 am

Ermmm. Yes, it's really bad for them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your Gaslight Anthem vinyl?   How do you store your Gaslight Anthem vinyl? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:49 am

Jerseyrain wrote:
I store mine flat, does any one know for sure if this is bad?

Yes, this is bad. It can lead to warping if there are more than a few in a stack.
Back to top Go down
Paddy
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Paddy

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your Gaslight Anthem vinyl?   How do you store your Gaslight Anthem vinyl? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:43 pm

img288.imageshack.us/img288/439/expedit3pq.jpg
(Still can't post full links Sad )

I want one of these so badly. Perfect fit. But Ikea shipping here is ridiculous, no store nearby. The shelf I have now only holds 100ish. And I hate putting them on a shelf, so I have my 7" in an old 45 box my dad had.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your Gaslight Anthem vinyl?   How do you store your Gaslight Anthem vinyl? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 7:16 pm

I always wanted to have a "music room" and once we have one I now know what to do with our son's Expedit shelf Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you store your Gaslight Anthem vinyl?   How do you store your Gaslight Anthem vinyl? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you store your Gaslight Anthem vinyl?
Page 1 of 1