DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greetings from New Jersey!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AngryJohnny
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
AngryJohnny

Greetings from New Jersey! Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from New Jersey!   Greetings from New Jersey! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 4:32 pm

This is the first message board I've ever been a part of, and I can't think of a better board to be a part of then one for the best band of my generation.
My name is Greg and I'm 19 years old and a student in Montclair State University in Montclair, New Jersey. I was born in Staten Island but grew up in Old Bridge, New Jersey, just a couple of miles from where the boys are from, New Brunswick. I'm also a couple of miles from where Bruce Springsteen is from.
Last year I was a senior in high school and from massive amounts of stress and whatever else causes it, I suffered really bad from Irritable Bowel Syndrome, which isn't pretty, but I stayed home from school A LOT. If you dont know this, early in the morning Vh1, MTV, and Fuse actually play MUSIC VIDEOS. I can't remember which channel it was now but I saw The '59 Sound video on one of them and I fell in love with it immediately. Unfortunately my brother tried to get me into them before The '59 Sound even came out but for whatever reason I couldn't get into it so I didn't really like it so I missed a string of shows close to me, including an in store in Vintage Vinyl. I'm making up for it by seeing them in March in NYC, I don't really like shows so this will be my first show in about 3 years, and I cannot wait. The Gaslight Anthem is an amazing band and it's a great feeling to grow up in the same place as such amazing guys, they've really brought back pride into being from New Jersey.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=540696297&ref=profile
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from New Jersey!   Greetings from New Jersey! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:04 am

hey it is great to have you here... this is a pretty awesome forum, be sure to check out the audio section there is a lot of great stuff there.
Back to top Go down
Refused
A Contender
A Contender
Refused

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from New Jersey!   Greetings from New Jersey! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 10:03 am

Welcome! I also suffer from IBS, so I know your pain dude! Makes it really difficult for me to travel to shows sometimes.
Back to top Go down
http://acriddissonance.wordpress.com
AngryJohnny
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
AngryJohnny

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from New Jersey!   Greetings from New Jersey! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 1:28 pm

Thanks! Sorry about your pain too, mine just kept me home from school but it'd suck if it kept me from performing (not that I perform, I just can imagine it'd be worse than being kept from school lol).
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=540696297&ref=profile
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from New Jersey!   Greetings from New Jersey! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 5:13 pm

i'm pretty sure he meant going to see shows of other bands. also, IBS sounds like it blows. welcome
Back to top Go down
Refused
A Contender
A Contender
Refused

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from New Jersey!   Greetings from New Jersey! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 6:40 pm

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
i'm pretty sure he meant going to see shows of other bands. also, IBS sounds like it blows. welcome

That I did!
My band haven't made it out my spare room yet unfortunately. At least it's near a toilet I guess, haha.
Back to top Go down
http://acriddissonance.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from New Jersey!   Greetings from New Jersey! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from New Jersey!
Page 1 of 1