DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guitar Center Sessions

Go down 
+12
emenius
eagles1139
loazis
DeathoftheCool
ral
Smasha13
jensomniac
MKULTRA
Harbortown
StitchesOnTheRadio
LizCollinsNY
enola
16 posters
AuthorMessage
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

Guitar Center Sessions Empty
PostSubject: Guitar Center Sessions   Guitar Center Sessions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 4:14 pm

Teaser:

Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
LizCollinsNY
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Center Sessions   Guitar Center Sessions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 5:51 pm

This looks like it will be pretty cool, thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Center Sessions   Guitar Center Sessions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 11:05 pm

I really hope this ends up on youtube because it looks great but I don't have Direct TV :/
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Center Sessions   Guitar Center Sessions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 10:20 am

'59 Sound almost has a classic rock feel to it, nice.
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Center Sessions   Guitar Center Sessions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 3:11 pm

I like how they couldn't decide whether or not to put ian in the thumbnail shot for the teaser so he's just lurking in the shadows.
Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Center Sessions   Guitar Center Sessions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 5:41 pm

Don't have Directv either :// But I have in the past and really like these sessions because they alternate great performance with excellent interviews. The Social Distortion and Joan Jett ones were especially fantastic because of the depth of the interviews.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Center Sessions   Guitar Center Sessions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 6:54 pm

And another teaser

Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Smasha13
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Smasha13

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Center Sessions   Guitar Center Sessions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 8:49 pm

MKULTRA wrote:
I like how they couldn't decide whether or not to put ian in the thumbnail shot for the teaser so he's just lurking in the shadows.

Actually though!! Poor Ian. That's both sad and kind of hilarious...silarious, if you will...
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Center Sessions   Guitar Center Sessions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 5:29 pm

The show alternated between performances and an interview with Brian and Alex L.

Here's the setlist:
Elvis
Helter
Stay Vicious
Get Hurt

and here's the full video
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Center Sessions   Guitar Center Sessions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 6:57 pm

You're the best, ral! thank you for this!
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Center Sessions   Guitar Center Sessions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 9:28 pm

that was great. performances was great, sound was great. interview was great too -- i liked how it spent a lot of time on the early years and took us though the major events to in band's history, Bruce and all.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Center Sessions   Guitar Center Sessions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 8:19 am

very impressed with how they sounded here - i'd imagine this is what the live shows are like when they're getting rave reviews. nice in depth interview that's always good too
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Center Sessions   Guitar Center Sessions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 10:42 am

Awesome! Great interview, nice vibe, good performances. Thanks a lot Ral!
Back to top Go down
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Center Sessions   Guitar Center Sessions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 1:38 pm

I love you

Guitar Center Sessions Levine11
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Center Sessions   Guitar Center Sessions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 1:53 pm

That slowed down Elvis performance is one of my favorites ever. Wish there was a studio recording of it played that way (the original is still one of my favorite songs though). So soulful.
Back to top Go down
emenius
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
emenius

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Center Sessions   Guitar Center Sessions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 7:48 pm

Slowed down Elvis sounds amazing! Though mine says the video is not available anymore due to a copyright claim by Guitar Center Crying or Very sad Gaahhh
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Center Sessions   Guitar Center Sessions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 7:56 pm

Well I'm really glad I watched this last night. That's so frustrating. I mean, I'm all for claiming copyright when an artist or company or whatever has made the music/video/product available to EVERYONE by other means, whether it costs money or not, but it sucks when people have to miss out simply because they don't pay for Direct TV.
Back to top Go down
Smasha13
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Smasha13

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Center Sessions   Guitar Center Sessions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 8:57 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Well I'm really glad I watched this last night. That's so frustrating. I mean, I'm all for claiming copyright when an artist or company or whatever has made the music/video/product available to EVERYONE by other means, whether it costs money or not, but it sucks when people have to miss out simply because they don't pay for Direct TV.

I fell asleep before I could watch the whole thing last night!! Crying or Very sad I live in Canada, Direct TV isn't even an option here. So sad I can't watch this now. I was so excited to finish it after I got off work today too...
Back to top Go down
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Center Sessions   Guitar Center Sessions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 9:21 pm

Haha this is like two worlds colliding for me--I am both a Gaslight fan (and thus wanted to watch the video) and am about to graduate law school to work at an IP firm.

But for whatever it's worth, you've got the justification argument for the copyright part flipped. If they HAD made it available to everyone, there would be a lower necessity for copyright. The fact that it was a limited distribution makes the enforcement of copyrights necessary! Though I agree with you that the result is the same: It sucks.
Back to top Go down
maybemarie
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
maybemarie

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Center Sessions   Guitar Center Sessions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 10:34 pm

That really does suck. Glad I watched about 3/4 of it last night. Because that version of Elvis is awesome. But wanted to watch the last part today, too. Sad
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Center Sessions   Guitar Center Sessions Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 12:15 am

shredderrrrrr wrote:

Haha this is like two worlds colliding for me--I am both a Gaslight fan (and thus wanted to watch the video) and am about to graduate law school to work at an IP firm.

But for whatever it's worth, you've got the justification argument for the copyright part flipped. If they HAD made it available to everyone, there would be a lower necessity for copyright. The fact that it was a limited distribution makes the enforcement of copyrights necessary! Though I agree with you that the result is the same: It sucks.  

I understand that from the POV of the company who wants it taken down, BUT I'm saying from the POV of the consumer, it's a real pain in the ass in this day and age when companies insist on making something exclusively available in one spot, if that spot isn't accessible to most people. Like when the Here Comes My Man EP came out but only in a few countries. If it had come out, FOR SALE, all over the world, and someone ripped it, then I'd say, sure, take that link down. But when it's available in 2-3 countries, then if a rip goes up for the other 99% of the worlds population then I think it's terrible when a company takes that down. To me, it's just an audience saying "hey, there's more of us out there interested in this" and who wouldn't want that? So what I'm saying is, I get the legality of it, I just think making things inaccessible and thus forcing people to find illegal means of obtaining it, is counterproductive AND a real pain in the ass, haha.
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Center Sessions   Guitar Center Sessions Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 2:36 pm

Oh man, I was going to watch it now! Damn
Back to top Go down
f1schu111
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Center Sessions   Guitar Center Sessions Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 4:57 pm

Does anyone have this, only seen a few clips n sounded great
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Center Sessions   Guitar Center Sessions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guitar Center Sessions
Page 1 of 1