DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fredrik Georg Eriksson & The powers that be (Some music to fill the Horrible Crowes void)

Go down 
+2
pleasepassthesoup
Harbortown
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Fredrik Georg Eriksson & The powers that be (Some music to fill the Horrible Crowes void) Empty
PostSubject: Fredrik Georg Eriksson & The powers that be (Some music to fill the Horrible Crowes void)   Fredrik Georg Eriksson & The powers that be (Some music to fill the Horrible Crowes void) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 11:07 am

So last week I attended the Gaslight show where Twopointeight and Against Me! were supporting acts.

I spoke to the singer of Twopointeight (which, if you haven't, is a band you need to familiarize yourself with) at their merch table and he apparently has a sideproject/solo venture, Fredrik Georg Eriksson & The powers that be.
I bought his vinyl, Volume, and as I'm listening to it now I keep catching myself thinking how similar the soundscape is to The Horrible Crowes. The gritty atmosphere, the music, the heartfelt and shrieking vocals, basically everything.

http://www.fredrikgeorgeriksson.com/
There's his website, and the entire album is out on Spotify too. Do yourself a favor and check it out!

Fredrik Georg Eriksson & The powers that be (Some music to fill the Horrible Crowes void) 10325254_685750398129537_6439851435322525038_n-large
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

Fredrik Georg Eriksson & The powers that be (Some music to fill the Horrible Crowes void) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fredrik Georg Eriksson & The powers that be (Some music to fill the Horrible Crowes void)   Fredrik Georg Eriksson & The powers that be (Some music to fill the Horrible Crowes void) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 2:36 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I like this a lot better than his work with twopointeight. I thought the band was good but that the vocals were "meh" at best. His voice works a lot better in this Tom Waits-lite kind of project.
Back to top Go down
kjakm
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Fredrik Georg Eriksson & The powers that be (Some music to fill the Horrible Crowes void)   Fredrik Georg Eriksson & The powers that be (Some music to fill the Horrible Crowes void) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 4:38 pm

Nice find! I'm listening to 'Volume' now and really liking it. I've heard of Twopointeight but never listened so I'll be checking them out next.
Back to top Go down
Romain
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Fredrik Georg Eriksson & The powers that be (Some music to fill the Horrible Crowes void)   Fredrik Georg Eriksson & The powers that be (Some music to fill the Horrible Crowes void) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 5:04 am

Thank you sir!

What a great discovery, very Tom Waits-esque... And what a voice! "Love in reverse" is a killer.

Give yourself a treat and listen to this album!
Back to top Go down
https://soundcloud.com/theescapistband
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Fredrik Georg Eriksson & The powers that be (Some music to fill the Horrible Crowes void)   Fredrik Georg Eriksson & The powers that be (Some music to fill the Horrible Crowes void) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 3:57 pm

I looked up a live video and was really impressed how strong he was as a live vocalist. Cool hollering-type voice.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Fredrik Georg Eriksson & The powers that be (Some music to fill the Horrible Crowes void)   Fredrik Georg Eriksson & The powers that be (Some music to fill the Horrible Crowes void) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 2:45 pm

REALLY digging this, thanks for the share.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fredrik Georg Eriksson & The powers that be (Some music to fill the Horrible Crowes void)   Fredrik Georg Eriksson & The powers that be (Some music to fill the Horrible Crowes void) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fredrik Georg Eriksson & The powers that be (Some music to fill the Horrible Crowes void)
Page 1 of 1