DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Helter Skeleton" lyrics

Go down 
+4
NeverTrustAJunkie
crsmsi
eagles1139
JacksSmirkingRevenge
8 posters
AuthorMessage
JacksSmirkingRevenge
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

"Helter Skeleton" lyrics Empty
PostSubject: "Helter Skeleton" lyrics   "Helter Skeleton" lyrics Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 4:03 pm

see, i know a nurse specialized in the worst. when you’re a friend in need she’ll be your friend in deed. when you can’t find your tongue and when your rational weeps. she says uh, huh.

so why don’t you lean on me if you wanna? why don’t you lean on me for a while? since you only get high on the weekends, uh huh. why don’t you feed on me tonight?

see i know the taste of the spike in your brains as you crawl to me, a little closer to me. i guess you’re in the place that i used to be baby, now it’s down to me so simply down to me. oh, but i’m a fool and i fall apart too easily, but you know me how i love to be with madame misery. come and visit me. i’m on the 99th floor of apathy.

but still you can lean on me if you wanna. still you can lean on me for a while. since you only get high on the weekends, uh huh. why don’t you feed on me tonight?

she said there will always be a soft spot in my cardiac arrest. and i will love you until i die from all of this. and something tells me i will die alone.

but still you can lean on me if you wanna. still you can lean on me for a while. since you only get high on the weekends, uh huh. why don’t you feed on me tonight?

(see, i know the taste of the spike in your brains as you crawl to me a little closer to me.)

why don’t you feed on me tonight?

(oh madame misery come and visit me. oh won’t you crawl to me, a little closer to me?)

and baby there will always be a soft spot in my cardiac arrest. and i will love ‘till i die from all of this, yeah. there will always be a soft spot in my cardiac arrest. and i will love you ‘till i die from this.

-----------original post--------------

See
I know a nurse specialized in the worst
Your friend in need, she'll be your friend indeed
When you can't find your tongue, and when you _____ that weep
She'll say uh, uh huh, uh huh

And why don't you lean on me if you wanna?
Why don't you lean on me for a while?
And since you only get high on the weekends (uh huh)
Why don't you feed on me tonight?

See
I know the taste of the spark in your brains
As you crawl to me, a little closer to me
I guess you're in a place that I used to be, baby
Now it's down to me, so surf it down to me

Oh but I'm a fool and I fall apart too easily
'Cause you know me, how I love to be
We're not in misery, cah-come and visit me
I'm on the 99th floor of apathy

Still you can lean on me, if you wanna
And why don't you lean on me for a while?

She said, "There will always be a soft spot in my cardiac arrest
And I will love you until I die, from all of this
And something tells me I will die alone"

And still you can lean on me if you wanna
So why don't you lean on me for a while?

(I know the taste of spark in your brains as you crawl to me, a little closer to me)
And why don't you feed on me tonight?

(I'm not in misery, come and visit me, why don't you crawl to me, a little closer to me
I'm not in misery, come and visit me, why don't you crawl to me, a little closer to me)

And baby, there will always be a soft spot in my cardiac arrest
And I will love you 'til I die, from all of this

[laughs] Yeah

And there will always be a soft spot in my cardiac arrest

And I will love you
'Til I die
From this

First verse definitely the trickiest.

Last edited by JacksSmirkingRevenge on Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: "Helter Skeleton" lyrics   "Helter Skeleton" lyrics Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 5:09 pm

And since you only get high on the weekends

Such an awesome line
Back to top Go down
crsmsi
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: "Helter Skeleton" lyrics   "Helter Skeleton" lyrics Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 4:05 am

So, is this about a hooker or drugs? "Nurse specialized in the worst", "Lean on me for a while". Could go either way.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: "Helter Skeleton" lyrics   "Helter Skeleton" lyrics Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 4:41 am

"so surf it down to me"

Thinking maybe "Serve it down to me"? *shrug*
Back to top Go down
AvoirPitié
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
AvoirPitié

PostSubject: Re: "Helter Skeleton" lyrics   "Helter Skeleton" lyrics Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 11:11 pm

Hi, I'm new to this. Don't mean to intrude, but I hear Madame Misery, come and visit me no matter how hard I try to hear I'm not in misery. Maybe the context and the hooker/ pity party vibe, maybe I'm crazy, just my two cents!
Back to top Go down
poormrpitiful
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
poormrpitiful

PostSubject: Re: "Helter Skeleton" lyrics   "Helter Skeleton" lyrics Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 11:43 pm

I have the lyric booklet in my hand at the moment, heres a couple corrections

1. The word you're missing in the first verse is 'rational'
2. Instead of spark in the second verse the word is 'spike'
3. instead of "Now it's down to me, so surf it down to me" its "Now it's down to me, so simply down to me"
4. Instead of "We're not in misery" the line is "With madame misery"
5. Backing vocals, instead of "I know the taste of spark in.." its "I know the taste of the spike in.."
6. Close to the end instead of "(I'm not in misery, come and visit me, why don't you crawl to me, a little closer to me) its "(Oh Madame Misery, come and visit me, Oh won't you crawl to me, a little closer to me?)
Back to top Go down
Wezzo
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: "Helter Skeleton" lyrics   "Helter Skeleton" lyrics Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 8:10 am

I spotted the word 'rational' in the booklet lyrics too, but it sounds a whole lot more like 'rationale' to me, and that would also make a bit more grammatical sense..
Back to top Go down
bablor
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: "Helter Skeleton" lyrics   "Helter Skeleton" lyrics Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 3:41 am

Could this song name reference anything like Gavin DeGraw says in the Best I Ever Had:
"You’re my neon gypsy, my desert rain
You’re my “Helter Skelter”, oh how can I explain that"
Heard that song and just popped on my mind eventhough the song is skeleton not skelter but Brian also is Beatles fan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Helter Skeleton" lyrics   "Helter Skeleton" lyrics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Helter Skeleton" lyrics
Page 1 of 1