DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)

Go down 
+16
turnitin2004
snakester
eagles1139
saltandburn1967
thomas94
Breanne
1930!
bakerfall
Afzoomie67
JimmyB
Jeff
A_Regular
StitchesOnTheRadio
enola
DeathoftheCool
ral
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) Empty
PostSubject: Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)   Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 9:26 pm

sounds pretty close to me after a few listens.

Here Comes My Man

And how much time do you think that we have?
If I wanted to I could start over again
Let the good night decide who she wants me to find
And I'll never let you drop another tear in my eye

Singing oh sha la la, oh sha la la, listen honey, here comes my man

If all my life, I never had a chance
Don't you think I knew about all your pretty girlfriends?
But I waited for you, gave you time to decide
But you never saw it from anybody else's side
So I packed up my things and I faced up my doubts
You know I think I will grow my hair back out
Nevermind what you think, nevermind what you like
I'll take it out to the streets for somebody else to admire

Maybe time will tell you why I got so much hell to sell you
Please, please understand me
Oh you can't just dance around me
Maybe your work will love you when I'm just not there to hold you (one of these days)
Maybe your pride can be your companion (one of these days)
But I just won't be there to stand for it
Not one more minute will I stand for it

You'll find me singing oh sha la la, oh sha la la, listen honey, here comes my man

Last edited by ral on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)   Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 9:49 pm

thanks for the transcription blood!
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)   Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:07 pm

and these are roughly the chords:

Intro
G-F-E flat-B flat
G-F-E flat-F

Verse
G-F-E flat-B flat...

Chorus
B flat-E flat-B flat-G
(F as a transition)

Bridge
B flat-G-E flat-F
B flat-G-E flat-G-E flat-G-E flat-F
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)   Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:40 pm

I think this is the intro (in standard tuning)
e----------------------------------------------------------
b---4-3----------------------------------------------3-3
g--------5-3----------------------------5-5-5-3-5------
d-------------5--5-5-3-5-3-3-3-3-3-------------------
a---------------------------------------------------------
E---------------------------------------------------------

And then it's just repeated
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)   Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 4:52 am

Thanks, guys!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)   Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 6:04 pm

so ladies who have heard the song, how well did brian do writing from the female perspective?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)   Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 10:18 pm

Not a lady, but I think the line 'So I packed up my things and I faced all my doubts, you know I think I will grow my hair back out' has to be one of the most powerful lines Brian has ever written, if not the most. It's just so wonderful on so many levels, especially from the girl perspective.

Maybe a lady could tell me why this is a really amazing line from their perspective?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)   Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:01 pm

As a lady I will say he did scarily well. As in I get confused that I'm hearing a male voice. I feel like I do when I hear him sing the Katy Perry song. It's great but sounds so weird coming from a guy.

The line 'So I packed up my things and I faced all my doubts, you know I think I will grow my hair back out' is so spot on. Lots of girls change their hair as a way of moving on from a relationship. Cut it short if it's long, or grow it out if it's short. I think cutting it short is more common though because that's a quick change. And I think anyone can relate to having doubts about getting out of a situation. It's easier to stay in the relationship sometimes but it's better to get out when it's no longer good for you.

The 'nevermind what you think, nevermind what you like. I'll take it out to the street for somebody else to admire' is also perfect. I think girls (usually) put a lot more effort into looking good for a guy than a guy does for a girl and part of that includes wearing our hair how a guy likes it or whatever. Subtle things that guys often don't even notice.

And the whole theme of not feeling appreciated is huge for girls. It's very common for a girl to feel loved by her guy and have fun with him but not feel like he appreciates all she does for him.

Boys, take a lesson from Brian here, haha. Damn Hollie is lucky.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)   Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:02 pm

My BIG ex had short hair because I loved it, we had a terrible messy breakup after dating for 3 years and this song destroys my life
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)   Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:02 pm

She has long hair now I think
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)   Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:03 pm

I love my current girlfriend (1yr), but this song sure did punch me in the throat during the first listen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)   Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:08 pm

I really can't wait to see the covers start flooding in on Youtube, because there's often a lot of really great female artists who cover Gaslight songs on Youtube. It'll be interesting to hear this in a female voice.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)   Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:13 pm

MattL wrote:
I really can't wait to see the covers start flooding in on Youtube, because there's often a lot of really great female artists who cover Gaslight songs on Youtube. It'll be interesting to hear this in a female voice.

This girl from the AM! forum is wonderful at that, her name escapes me atm though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)   Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:17 pm

The only problem with this song is that I don't quite know if the other songs on the album will be able to compare, at least emotional weight-wise. This is a heavy, deep song. I'll be delightfully surprised if Brian is able to top this one (my money's on Mae, based only on what he's said about it).
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)   Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:18 pm

MattL wrote:
The only problem with this song is that I don't quite know if the other songs on the album will be able to compare, at least emotional weight-wise. This is a heavy, deep song. I'll be delightfully surprised if Brian is able to top this one (my money's on Mae, based only on what he's said about it).

My money's on National Anthem
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)   Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:31 pm

Bluuu wrote:
MattL wrote:

My money's on National Anthem

What I've heard already of Handwritten has already topped this song in emotional weight. That song hit me hard. It's hard for me to explain why and I can get why others wouldn't have the same level of reaction but that song feels like I'm having a one on one conversation with Brian. I heard it and I was like if I kept a diary I'd swear he stole it for that song.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)   Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:35 pm

If Handwritten is emotionally heavier than Here Comes My Man, then expect me to break down into tears.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)   Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 12:07 am

MattL wrote:
If Handwritten is emotionally heavier than Here Comes My Man, then expect me to break down into tears.

Haha, I think it all depends on what you relate to most. I've had not fun break ups but never a really bad one so I relate to Here Comes My Man but it doesn't hit home as much as it might for some.

But Handwritten. It's a long story but I connected to that song so much I did tear up when I first heard it. As much as I love and connect to music it take A LOT to get me to actually cry over a song.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
A Contender
A Contender
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)   Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 12:08 am

My opinion is that in spite of not at all being from Brian's perspective, lyrically this is with a doubt the most confident, badass song he's ever written. It's fascinating to hear just how contrary this character is to his general persona in his lyrics, which tends to be a nervous, heart-on-his-sleeve kid who's still trying to strike up his cool. Which is obviously the persona we all fell in love with initially, but it's an interesting departure to have a song about "not caring what you think," etc. and pulling it off in spades.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)   Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 12:16 am

Jlblue wrote:
My opinion is that in spite of not at all being from Brian's perspective, lyrically this is with a doubt the most confident, badass song he's ever written. It's fascinating to hear just how contrary this character is to his general persona in his lyrics, which tends to be a nervous, heart-on-his-sleeve kid who's still trying to strike up his cool. Which is obviously the persona we all fell in love with initially, but it's an interesting departure to have a song about "not caring what you think," etc. and pulling it off in spades.

That is true. Although I like that there's still a vulnerability to the character. She's determined to end this thing, she knows she's making the right choice but it's still such a personal thing and I bet a part of her does care but is making that transition into not caring about the guy anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)   Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 11:35 am

Jlblue wrote:

Quoted for truth.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)   Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 9:02 pm

agreed. this is almost definitely their biggest "F you" song
thoughtful and defiant Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)   Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 9:08 pm

This is the kind of song I wish I could write-obviously from a male perspective.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)   Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 10:01 pm

JimmyB wrote:
This is the kind of song I wish I could write-obviously from a male perspective.

All their songs are the kind of song I wish I could write.

Brian Fallon makes me want to give up writing anything, haha.
Back to top Go down
Afzoomie67
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Afzoomie67

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)   Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 9:47 am

Found it on YouTube. I LOVE IT!
Edit: The lyrics are spot on.

Last edited by Afzoomie67 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)   Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here Comes My Man (lyrics & tab)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next