DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stay Vicious Lyrics

Go down 
+14
TooMuchGaslight
CasanovaBaby90
jensomniac
jzancan
TGAFAN25
brianisbae
Boy From Little Eden
The_River
jonnyz83
zerb012345
Jaws
ral
eagles1139
poormrpitiful
18 posters
AuthorMessage
poormrpitiful
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
poormrpitiful

Stay Vicious Lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Stay Vicious Lyrics   Stay Vicious Lyrics Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 9:30 pm

now i feel just like a stranger. i don’t sleep at all anymore. and the arms that used to hold me, well, now they’ve done me harm. and i feel just like a murder. and i feel just like a gun. and i been shaking in the hands of somebody who’s finally had enough.

as you step out into the city, no one to find you or recognize. as your black heels kick out the beat of my heart in perfect time. singing, la la la la la la la la. look at you saving my life. singing, la la la la la la la. tonight you’re saving my life. yeah.

now i’ve had the saints and patience. and i wait on the telephone. i have pills for this, and tabs for that. and something that used to resemble a soul. so won’t anybody take my hand? and won’t anybody ease my ache? i still love rock and roll, and i still call somebody baby.

as you step out into the city, no one to find you or recognize. as your black heels kick out the beat of my heart in perfect time. singing, la la la la la la la la. look at you saving my life. singing, la la la la la la la. tonight you’re saving my life.
singing la la la la la la la. leave it on the end of the knife. singing la la la la la la la. look at you saving my life.
yeah.

---------------------------original post--------------------

My best guess for lyrics, correct if i'm wrong

well i feel just like a stranger
i dont sleep at all anymore
and the arms that used to hold me
well now they done me harm
and i feel just like a murderer
and i feel just like a gun
i've been shakin in the hand of somebody
whos finally had enough

as you step out into the city
no one to find you or recognise
as your black heels kick out the beat
of my heart in perfect time
singing la la la la la lala la
look at you saving my life
tonight you're saving my life, yeah

now i've had the saints and patience
and i wait on the telephone
i have bills for this
tabs for that
something that used to resemble a soul
so wont anybody take my hand
and wont anybody ease my ache
and i still love rock n roll
and i still call somebody baby

as you step out into the city
no one to find you or recognise
as your black heels kick out the beat
of my heart in perfect time
look at you saving my life
Lean on the end of the knife
singing la la la la lala la la

Last edited by poormrpitiful on Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Stay Vicious Lyrics   Stay Vicious Lyrics Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 9:37 pm

Pretty sure it's "pills for this, tabs for that" and at the end it's "Lean on the end of the knife"

And it doesn't sound like "still love rock and roll"...pretty sure the "still love" part is right but no idea what he says after that
Back to top Go down
poormrpitiful
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
poormrpitiful

PostSubject: Re: Stay Vicious Lyrics   Stay Vicious Lyrics Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 9:45 pm

pills could be right, but if hes talking about tabs i thought it could be bills. Lean on the end of the knife sounds about right!
Was just listening over the 'still love' part a couple times , pretty sure its 'rock n roll' nothing else really sounds like it
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Stay Vicious Lyrics   Stay Vicious Lyrics Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 9:51 pm

poormrpitiful wrote:
pills could be right, but if hes talking about tabs i thought it could be bills. Lean on the end of the knife sounds about right!
Was just listening over the 'still love' part a couple times , pretty sure its 'rock n roll' nothing else really sounds like it

I thought it was "rock and roll" as well before I saw this thread. I suppose it could be "Rocky Road"... Brian was going crazy about Ben & Jerry's ice cream on Twitter a while back.
Back to top Go down
poormrpitiful
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
poormrpitiful

PostSubject: Re: Stay Vicious Lyrics   Stay Vicious Lyrics Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 9:53 pm

Rock n roll would make sense, because it rhymes with the line "something that used to resemble a soul" , but i'd love to see Brian throw in an Ice Cream reference  lol! 
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Stay Vicious Lyrics   Stay Vicious Lyrics Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 9:55 pm

poormrpitiful wrote:

well "tabs" is a drug term as well, so I took it to mean pills and tabs as a way of self-medicating, it makes sense within the lyrics.

Maybe it is rock and roll, don't know why I'm not really hearing that. If it is, then he's really slurring the "roll part". But it makes sense.
Back to top Go down
poormrpitiful
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
poormrpitiful

PostSubject: Re: Stay Vicious Lyrics   Stay Vicious Lyrics Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 9:57 pm

Yeah tabs definitely makes sense then, didnt think of it that way!
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: Stay Vicious Lyrics   Stay Vicious Lyrics Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 11:07 am

I'm hearing "bills" also. Hopefully lyrics are included with the album.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Stay Vicious Lyrics   Stay Vicious Lyrics Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 11:37 am

I hear pills and rock and roll.
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

PostSubject: Re: Stay Vicious Lyrics   Stay Vicious Lyrics Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 12:14 pm

I definitely hear "Leave it on the end of the knife." Not "Lean on the end of the knife."
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: Stay Vicious Lyrics   Stay Vicious Lyrics Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 12:46 pm

jonnyz83 wrote:
I definitely hear "Leave it on the end of the knife." Not "Lean on the end of the knife."

This.
Back to top Go down
Boy From Little Eden
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Stay Vicious Lyrics   Stay Vicious Lyrics Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 12:42 am

When I hear "as you step out into the city" I instantly think of The National for some reason
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: Stay Vicious Lyrics   Stay Vicious Lyrics Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 1:04 am

I hear pills for this and tabs for that. I really like the drug/self medication themes. Maybe because this has been a rough year and I feel like I can relate 100%,but he describes that raw, shaky, fucked uo feeling perfectly. I see it as just being fucked up - anxious, depressed, even manic, and he's taking pills and opening up tabs (drinking) just to make it through the day. These songs are hitting me differently though. When I first hear a Gaslight song I usually love it, or at least like it instantly. When I first heard Rollin and tumblin and Stay vicious I wasn't sure how to feel. Like it's weird for them, and it's intriguing. And the more I hear them the deeper the emotional bond with them gets and if it can affect others the same way I think this will be a special album - bigger, better, stronger than anything they've done before. I'm officially on edge waiting to hear the rest haha
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Stay Vicious Lyrics   Stay Vicious Lyrics Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 10:19 am

capnrad wrote:
I hear pills for this and tabs for that. I really like the drug/self medication themes. Maybe because this has been a rough year and I feel like I can relate 100%,but he describes that raw, shaky, fucked uo feeling perfectly. I see it as just being fucked up - anxious, depressed, even manic, and he's taking pills and opening up tabs (drinking) just to make it through the day. These songs are hitting me differently though. When I first hear a Gaslight song I usually love it, or at least like it instantly. When I first heard Rollin and tumblin and Stay vicious I wasn't sure how to feel. Like it's weird for them, and it's intriguing. And the more I hear them the deeper the emotional bond with them gets and if it can affect others the same way I think this will be a special album - bigger, better, stronger than anything they've done before. I'm officially on edge waiting to hear the rest haha

this. a thousand times over Smile
Back to top Go down
jzancan
A Contender
A Contender
jzancan

PostSubject: Re: Stay Vicious Lyrics   Stay Vicious Lyrics Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 11:35 am

The_River wrote:
jonnyz83 wrote:

This.

Although "lean on the end of a knife" would be fucking dark.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/users/jzancan
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

PostSubject: Re: Stay Vicious Lyrics   Stay Vicious Lyrics Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 12:54 pm

While we're all trying to sleuth out what we think we hear...

and i feel just like a gun
i've been shakin in the hand of somebody
who's finally had enough

shakin' versus shaken... thoughts?
Back to top Go down
CasanovaBaby90
A Contender
A Contender
CasanovaBaby90

PostSubject: Re: Stay Vicious Lyrics   Stay Vicious Lyrics Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 5:43 am

First impression of this song was that it was awful. I'm at about 20 listens now and it's completely the opposite.
Back to top Go down
TooMuchGaslight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TooMuchGaslight

PostSubject: Re: Stay Vicious Lyrics   Stay Vicious Lyrics Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 7:33 am

I somehow hear Bleedin' on the end of the knife at the end
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Stay Vicious Lyrics   Stay Vicious Lyrics Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 9:34 am

"While your black heels kick out the beat of my heart in perfect time" has gotta be one of my favorite lines right now, from the words to the way he delivers it.
Back to top Go down
SpaceEcho34
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SpaceEcho34

PostSubject: Re: Stay Vicious Lyrics   Stay Vicious Lyrics Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 2:03 am

I've pretty clearly been hearing "bills for this, debts for that"- as in he's in a bind and it's crushing his soul. The drug interpretation is interesting though...although "tabs" still wouldn't make much sense to me as that would be referencing acid- not exactly a substance people tend to turn to when they're down and out.

I'm really loving this song though. It's a very impacting contrast between the brutally hopeless verses and the chorus in which this girl somehow makes it all worth it by simply existing and going about her business
Back to top Go down
http://thenoisepaper.blogspot.com/
bradleyjp
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
bradleyjp

PostSubject: Re: Stay Vicious Lyrics   Stay Vicious Lyrics Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 8:59 pm

SpaceEcho34 wrote:
I've pretty clearly been hearing "bills for this, debts for that"- as in he's in a bind and it's crushing his soul.  The drug interpretation is interesting though...although "tabs" still wouldn't make much sense to me as that would be referencing acid- not exactly a substance people tend to turn to when they're down and out.  

I'm really loving this song though.  It's a very impacting contrast between the brutally hopeless verses and the chorus in which this girl somehow makes it all worth it by simply existing and going about her business

I would assume tabs as in a tab at a bar.

I also think he says "pills for this, tabs for that."
Back to top Go down
http://bradleyjp.me
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Stay Vicious Lyrics   Stay Vicious Lyrics Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 1:17 am

I think this song has Brian's darkest lyrics ever, particularly:

"I feel just like a gun and I been shaking in the hands of somebody who's finally had enough"

Chilling.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Stay Vicious Lyrics   Stay Vicious Lyrics Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 2:51 am

Jack wrote:
I think this song has Brian's darkest lyrics ever, particularly:

"I feel just like a gun and I been shaking in the hands of somebody who's finally had enough"

Chilling.

yeah! i was singing it today and just realize that those two lines are connected. chilling indeed. you said it all
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stay Vicious Lyrics   Stay Vicious Lyrics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stay Vicious Lyrics
Page 1 of 1