DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hey everybody - happy to be here!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Marlyn
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Hey everybody - happy to be here! Empty
PostSubject: Hey everybody - happy to be here!   Hey everybody - happy to be here! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 8:42 am

Hey guys and girls,
I think I read somewhere that introducing yourself was mandatory here (or that it would be a smart thing to do to say the least), so here I am!
I just turned 24 this a month ago and have been reading along here occasionally since I got into the whole world of music that Gaslight basically opened up for me.
This was about...maybe two years ago and I had hit a couple of rough patches (at least to me) in my relatively young life.
So as the story goes I was terribly bored with most of the stuff I was listening to at that time and without really knowing it was looking for something to click with me.
Enter The Gaslight Anthem.
I am thankful to the band for making the music they make and helping me to get where I'm at right now. And I'm also incredibly happy that this band has always turned out to be something like a stamp of quality for the people I have gotten to know since then. Most of the people who enjoy Gaslight appear to be decent people whose company I really appreciate because they bring a couple of traits to the table that are similar to some of mine.

This is where all of you and this forum come in.
I'm looking forward to having a chat with all of you on a virtual level and finally entering the whole conversation myself Smile
Since I appear to be the sort of person who is on the move a fair amount of the time I'm awake, I think this is a wonderful place to come and share ideas/views/trashtalk, or whatever it is.

Oh yeah, and lastly a few lines about me now: I'm from Germany, studied my first degree in the Netherlands and moved to Sweden about a year ago, which also means I haven't gotten to see the band in concert yet Wink.
I love my sports, above all mountainbiking and American Football and would say this combination also makes it a bit tougher to get to know the kind of people who are anything like me. Which in turn means that I can get a bit lonely and sulky at times which makes me find myself in the emotions of Gaslight songs more often than not, hehe Wink
So yeah, that's me for now, great to be here!  wave 
Now I'm just gonna start the Rollin' and Tumblin' download from iTunes and read what you lot have to say about it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody - happy to be here!   Hey everybody - happy to be here! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 11:49 am

Cool, welcome!! They're going on tour through Europe in September so you'll probably be able to catch them somewhere relatively near Razz
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody - happy to be here!   Hey everybody - happy to be here! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 12:19 pm

Welcome to the forum  wave 
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody - happy to be here!   Hey everybody - happy to be here! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 5:27 pm

Hi and welcome to DSS! It's a pity you missed the boys on their Scandinavian tour, these were cool gigs!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Marlyn
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody - happy to be here!   Hey everybody - happy to be here! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 5:46 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody!
Yeah, I'm feeling worse about it by the day. Also missed Lucero when they went and played up here.
But if they're around to play Northern Europe again, I'll be there for sure.
Which gig did you see?

It's TGA, Lucero, Frank Tuner and Dave Hause on my list.
Oh yeah, and Make Do and Mend again, anytime.
It might take me some time to get to see them all, but one day...
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody - happy to be here!   Hey everybody - happy to be here! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 5:52 pm

welcome to the forum
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody - happy to be here!   Hey everybody - happy to be here! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey everybody - happy to be here!
Page 1 of 1