DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)

Go down 
+55
jdc
Yozzy
jensomniac
aelliott88
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
Andy_
DeathoftheCool
jzancan
Steve70s
The_River
JacksSmirkingRevenge
Jack
kupe
HorribleCrowe
colmillionaire
JimmyB
Marlyn
Hanswurst
rumham
njguy99
bradleyjp
Unorthadox1080
bringiton_ty
The Last Jukebox Romeo
sinkorswimmydear
Hasler09
Vanderlyle Geek
riversedge
enola
MKULTRA
33RPMHero
Bobul
pleasepassthesoup
Debonair
pepperedham
TGA30
eagles1139
matkins
Jaws
ivienco
jonnyz83
bringiton
TGAFAN25
Holland
RobertODonnell
CapedAvenger
kappanera
StitchesOnTheRadio
23Punk
Prisoner
kristyn
Anya_TGA
Vibes
zerb012345
steady now steady now
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 9:42 pm

Ugh, I'm at work by 7. Does anyone remember how long after 45 premiered on radio 1 before it became available elsewhere? I honestly can't recall.
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 9:50 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Ugh, I'm at work by 7. Does anyone remember how long after 45 premiered on radio 1 before it became available elsewhere? I honestly can't recall.

7 pm in London is 2 pm in NY. So you should be able to listen live.

Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 10:13 pm

jonnyz83 wrote:

that just made things so much easier. i'm at work but should be able to listen to it live. thanks for the info!!! i'm so excited!!!
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 10:52 pm

Yeah, it's usually about a half hour/hour into the show when he plays the Hottest Record. So I would bank on 2:30-3PM EST.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 11:00 pm

jonnyz83 wrote:

Hallelujah! Thank you for pointing this out  Hug 
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 11:05 pm

this is a huge moment for Gaslight... The money goes behind the first single and it usually dictates how successful record sales will be. Here's to hoping this does well.  High Five 
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 12:33 am

It's on US iTunes now!
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 12:46 am

I FUCKING LOVE THIS SONG
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 12:53 am

I'm a lyrics guy and this song is 100% more clever and well-rounded than any song on Handwritten.
Back to top Go down
TGA30
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TGA30

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 1:00 am

the intro kinda reminds me of marker in the sand by pearl jam. and the riff in the chorus reminds me of the riff in handwritten. definitely a cool song though
Back to top Go down
pepperedham
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
pepperedham

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 1:14 am

Holy shit
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 1:14 am

Whoooo!!

Side note reminder: no rips, requests for one etc. go support the band!
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

Has the heart and soul of the stuff off of Sink or Swim, but with the improved songwriting and musicianship the guys have honed over the years. Absolutely loving this track a couple listens in.
Back to top Go down
Bobul
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Bobul

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 1:18 am

pleasepassthesoup wrote:
Has the heart and soul of the stuff off of Sink or Swim, but with the improved songwriting and musicianship the guys have honed over the years. Absolutely loving this track a couple listens in.

Totally agree. Loving this step the band has taken. This album is shaping up to be a total win for these ears here if it follows this pattern. IMO
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 1:32 am

Ahhh this is so good. I wish I could understand more of the words than "I wish you were here" but hopefully with repeated listens and the lyrics in front of me (when the booklet is released or whatever) that'll solve that problem.
Back to top Go down
pepperedham
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
pepperedham

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 1:38 am

Shimmy shimmy shake baby right in my bloodstream.

I love this song so damn much. It's a total culmination of everything they've done since Sink or Swim and it sounds like a natural progression from Handwritten.

Now I'm even more impatient to hear the rest of the record.
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 1:58 am

Hrm....I'm speechless. This is awesome. Things just got dark...and i am lovin it.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 2:08 am

Lyrics moved here for easier location in the future.

https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t5487-rollin-and-tumblin-lyrics

Feel free to continue this thread for all general discussion.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 2:31 am

I don't want to wait for the September shows to hear this live (and not muffled during soundcheck).

Remember that time when they did a music video shoot for "45" and we got to hear the song played over and over and over, kinda like this song is playing on my itunes right now? Can that happen again please?
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 2:34 am

i like it, and the lyrics are especially good, but im not totally loving it.

i feel like the song is over musically by 1:50. not too interested in the last minute. musically. lyrics are cool.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 3:49 am

It seems to be on US itunes only for now Sad

Reading all your comments I am beyond excited before even hearing it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 4:05 am

enola wrote:
It seems to be on US itunes only for now Sad

Reading all your comments I am beyond excited before even hearing it!

after the well co-ordinated album & tour announcement, it is odd how this just appeared without a word from the band; even the BBC Radio 1 premier did not get announced

and while I was always happy to pay for a CD single (back in the day), as that would have come with a B-Side, but I am not sure I want to pay for an advance song off an album which I have already ordered in multiple copies

moan over ... now I too want to get rollin' and tumblin'
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 4:36 am

First thoughts... The song is pretty awesome. Seems to be one of BF's smartest written songs, I like how the lyrics reference his own songwriting aka the melancholy of it and how some people are put off by that. It's angry, but it's structured well, it's not boring and the chorus is pretty infectious. I think the coda also is Elsie-influenced with the backing vocals etc... The production change is noticeable though! Sounds a little under-produced and more rough than Brendan's... Excited for the record now though!
Back to top Go down
kappanera
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
kappanera

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 5:01 am

I found this on the official band channel..unfortunately it's not working in my country..I'm dying to hear this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-l4Z23ELd8
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 5:13 am

kappanera wrote:
I found this on the official band channel..unfortunately it's not working in my country..I'm dying to hear this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-l4Z23ELd8

aaarghhhh - but I gather that Prox Tube can let you watch it

Last edited by steady now steady now on Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next