DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)

Go down 
+55
jdc
Yozzy
jensomniac
aelliott88
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
Andy_
DeathoftheCool
jzancan
Steve70s
The_River
JacksSmirkingRevenge
Jack
kupe
HorribleCrowe
colmillionaire
JimmyB
Marlyn
Hanswurst
rumham
njguy99
bradleyjp
Unorthadox1080
bringiton_ty
The Last Jukebox Romeo
sinkorswimmydear
Hasler09
Vanderlyle Geek
riversedge
enola
MKULTRA
33RPMHero
Bobul
pleasepassthesoup
Debonair
pepperedham
TGA30
eagles1139
matkins
Jaws
ivienco
jonnyz83
bringiton
TGAFAN25
Holland
RobertODonnell
CapedAvenger
kappanera
StitchesOnTheRadio
23Punk
Prisoner
kristyn
Anya_TGA
Vibes
zerb012345
steady now steady now
59 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) Empty
PostSubject: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 2:08 pm

Brian mentioned at yesterday's gig that the first single of the new album would be out next week.  Now we already know from Amazon UK, that this will be Rollin' and Tumblin', which will be available to download from 25 June.

Should we be getting airplay before then?  Will there be a hard copy?

Please post all R&T single related info and comments in this thread.

Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) B00L1W6AHI.01-AE2QNCE40KCLM._SX420_SCLZZZZZZZ_V351137177_

EDIT: the single will premier on Zane Lowe's BBC Radio 1 show on 24 June at 7pm BST (British Summer Time)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wkth/broadcasts/upcoming

Last edited by steady now steady now on Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:28 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 2:17 pm

I hope there'll be a 45. I'm also really excited to hear how everything is changing like they say it is.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 3:58 pm

Rad!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 5:47 pm

I can't wait to hear the new single
Back to top Go down
kristyn
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
kristyn

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 10:53 pm

Interestingly, Bob Dylan also has a song called "Rollin' and Tumblin'," which is kind of jangly and is about a woman doing him wrong. But Brian has said that there are no covers on this album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kristynchildres.com
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 11:14 am

kristyn wrote:
Interestingly, Bob Dylan also has a song called "Rollin' and Tumblin'," which is kind of jangly and is about a woman doing him wrong. But Brian has said that there are no covers on this album.

Dylans version is a cover. The song is originally by Hambone WIllie Newbern and is covered by a lot of blues artists

Here are a few versions

Back to top Go down
23Punk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 11:03 pm

According to the interview posted with Brian a few days ago regarding the new record, he said the first single is a fast song that fans of Gaslight will find familiar to their earlier records like Sink or Swim or The 59 Sound, at least that's the impression I got when I read the interview posted on the forum, I can't wait to hear it, when the record comes out in August.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 4:06 am

23Punk wrote:

According to the interview posted with Brian a few days ago regarding the new record, he said the first single is a fast song that fans of Gaslight will find familiar to their earlier records like Sink or Swim or The 59 Sound, at least that's the impression I got when I read the interview posted on the forum, I can't wait to hear it, when the record comes out in August.  

I mentioned this in the thread about the Clifton Park show, but they played a new song at soundcheck and the guy ahead of me in line said he heard them say the name and it was Rollin' and Tumblin' (blame that guy if I'm wrong!). From what I could hear of it (it was muffled after all) it's definitely not a big stretch from what we've gotten from TGA in the past. It sounded pretty awesome!
Back to top Go down
kappanera
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
kappanera

PostSubject: temp   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 6:49 am

So we're getting the new single on wednesday, right?
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 7:30 am

That's what Amazon says.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rollin-Tumblin-Gaslight-Anthem/dp/B00L1W698I/ref=sr_1_1?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1403519416&sr=1-1&keywords=the+gaslight+anthem+rollin
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 1:31 pm

So it will most likely be going up at midnight?
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 2:06 pm

2:50 ....its going to be a fast song Smile
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 2:42 pm

If this goes up at Midnight in the UK, we'll have it at 6pm EST in the US Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 2:45 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
If this goes up at Midnight in the UK, we'll have it at 6pm EST in the US Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

On the 24th, wouldn't it be?
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 2:47 pm

Exactly what I'm thinking
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 2:48 pm

Just saw on the FB Zane Lowe is premiering it tomorrow anyway.
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 2:48 pm

It'll be Zane Lowe's hottest record tomorrow evening at 7.30pm, usually accompanied by a short interview.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 3:07 pm

bringiton wrote:
It'll be Zane Lowe's hottest record tomorrow evening at 7.30pm, usually accompanied by a short interview.  

Would that be 3:30 Eastern time?
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 3:08 pm

I know that when I used to live in North Carolina it was always 5 hours behind UK time, hope that helps or makes some sense to you?!
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 3:23 pm

Yeah, thanks a bunch. So that would make it 2 PM here (the website says 7 not 7:30?).
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 3:24 pm

Yeah he starts at 7pm and the 'hottest record of the world' will be at 7.30pm.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 3:57 pm

bringiton wrote:

details at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0476sxw
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 5:55 pm

iwow that's cool..I can't wait Very Happy
Back to top Go down
23Punk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 8:34 pm

I remember when Zane Lowe's radio show back in May 2012 premiered the single 45, the time that we were able to listen to it was about 4:00 pm. At least that's what I remember 2 years ago.
Back to top Go down
23Punk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 8:35 pm

So maybe it will happen again with the new single Rollin and Tumblin, hopefully we can listen to it earlier
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)   Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rollin' and Tumblin' (new single - out now on iTunes)
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next