DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THC 'Live at the Troubadour' - Euro black

Go down 
+2
steady now steady now
Harty_88
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Harty_88
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

THC 'Live at the Troubadour' - Euro black Empty
PostSubject: THC 'Live at the Troubadour' - Euro black   THC 'Live at the Troubadour' - Euro black Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 9:47 am

I've received my Banquet order but it's black and still says made in EU on the sleeve. Anyone else get a black EU copy? Can anyone confirm the matrix codes on the lps so I can check against those to be sure it's legit.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: THC 'Live at the Troubadour' - Euro black   THC 'Live at the Troubadour' - Euro black Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 2:45 pm

Harty_88 wrote:
I've received my Banquet order but it's black and still says made in EU on the sleeve. Anyone else get a black EU copy? Can anyone confirm the matrix codes on the lps so I can check against those to be sure it's legit.
My copy from Banquet in the UK is also black (and it also says 'Made in the E.U.' on the sleeve, although they advertised it as the Euro orange, however ...

... I had heard on the grapevine that Banquet would be receiving an unstickered batch of mixed black and orange, which, if true, and as my copy was sealed, means that Banquet would have had no way of knowing what colour was in it.

So, is there a Euro black?

The matrix numbers of the copy I had from Banquet are:

BD21340-01 A1 MK & B1 HL
BD21340-02 C1 MK & D1 HL
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: THC 'Live at the Troubadour' - Euro black   THC 'Live at the Troubadour' - Euro black Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 3:12 pm

I just looked at the matrix on my black and it doesn't seem to match. So it looks like there is...

I'm still waiting on my order from banquet (ordered the orange, or so I thought) but either way if it's black or orange it looks like I have another purchase coming.

Problem though - I can't necessarily ask them to send me one or the other since they are sealed and it seems to be some what "random" now what people are getting. Right? #Collectorsproblems Razz Rolling Eyes 

Last edited by Debonair on Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: THC 'Live at the Troubadour' - Euro black   THC 'Live at the Troubadour' - Euro black Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 3:14 pm

Finestvinyl always said that they will ship the orange vinyl as long as stocks last. So it was kinda clear for me that there will be another EU pressing ...

Not getting it though. I have the blue, the orange and the US black. No need for another black record Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: THC 'Live at the Troubadour' - Euro black   THC 'Live at the Troubadour' - Euro black Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 3:42 pm

enola wrote:
I have the blue, the orange and the US black. No need for another black record Wink

THC 'Live at the Troubadour' - Euro black Keep-calm-and-collect-them-all-1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THC 'Live at the Troubadour' - Euro black   THC 'Live at the Troubadour' - Euro black Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 4:14 pm

Banquet sent me the orange one.  I've got to say the sound is terrible.  The recording is so-so and there are random static bursts.  Anyone else hearing this or did I just get a shitty press?  Almost sounds like a bootleg.

Quite warped too though my turntable doesn't usually mind that.

EDIT- but this version of I Witnessed A Crime makes all that almost forgivable.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: THC 'Live at the Troubadour' - Euro black   THC 'Live at the Troubadour' - Euro black Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 4:52 am

Banquet have now told me that they were told by PIAS, the distributor, that some of the US-only black press was amongst what was always supposed to be just orange stock, but that the black copies weren't flagged as such.

Funny that, as it is obviously a Euro black and as I heard weeks ago that Banquet would be getting mixed stock. Someone is telling Banquet a load of nonsense.

Anyway, Banquet are happy to swap the black for the orange if you contact them.
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: THC 'Live at the Troubadour' - Euro black   THC 'Live at the Troubadour' - Euro black Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 6:28 am

Thats geat, thanks for the news Alexander! I will get onto them today Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: THC 'Live at the Troubadour' - Euro black   THC 'Live at the Troubadour' - Euro black Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 12:13 pm

do we have any numbers on this EU black pressing really not sure i want another black copy of this record unless its a really low press which i dont think it will be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THC 'Live at the Troubadour' - Euro black   THC 'Live at the Troubadour' - Euro black Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THC 'Live at the Troubadour' - Euro black
Page 1 of 1