DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)

Go down 
+73
cms35
Jersey-Chris
jdc
macci
azlisa
miked331
bootime
Hasler09
jm596353
The_River
DeathoftheCool
eagles1139
ozfacter
HolyBreakOfDay
matkins
BereasaTGA
visible_karma
Leeney
HeroOfVirtue
rotmitweißenpunkten
TGAforLIFE
encobel
White Man In Hammersmith
Down by the Mersey
The Cool
Commander Vimes
jensomniac
Hanswurst
Aron515
Sabbi
bt211
33RPMHero
cdala
Harbortown
'49mercury
sinkorswimmydear
_rebekka_
Bobul
redheadchick
Jerseyrain
steady now steady now
saraM87
onbackstreetsinbackseats
rumham
brucesboots
enola
FrankieG
njguy99
moonlight
Joe Thumb
cmigs
Klown
Debonair
prettyontheinsidex
SirBrad
pjk
A_Regular
bringiton_ty
TGAFAN25
jonester
bringiton
gaslightfan89
Novella
CapedAvenger
scarsrsouvenirs
Shrewsbury_Stars
smetz224
Rizz
lol_paul_ledoux
ashleybb
NeverTrustAJunkie
ral
StitchesOnTheRadio
77 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:13 am

His voice on the Tom Waits cover !!!!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:15 am

eagles1139 wrote:
His voice on the Tom Waits cover !!!!

Yeah, WOW!
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:29 am

After last year's lo-fi Halloween recording and a pretty lackluster Desire acoustic (there was already a better one on youtube), this is a pretty fucking awesome surprise IMO. Sure an original would be nice but This Is Where We Part is a beautiful song and it fits Brian perfectly.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 1:11 am

eagles1139 wrote:
After last year's lo-fi Halloween recording and a pretty lackluster Desire acoustic (there was already a better one on youtube), this is a pretty fucking awesome surprise IMO. Sure an original would be nice but This Is Where We Part is a beautiful song and it fits Brian perfectly.

Personally, I'd still take an original like Halloween (mediocre recording or not) over this any day but I am pleasantly surprised at how much I'm it. I agree about "This Is Where We Part" fitting him perfectly. I'm curious to hear twopointeight's version because it sounds almost out of place as one of their songs, but maybe that's just because Brian's vocals are so different. I still find it so odd that THIS is the first release of that song.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 1:20 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:

Personally, I'd still take an original like Halloween (mediocre recording or not) over this any day but I am pleasantly surprised at how much I'm it. I agree about "This Is Where We Part" fitting him perfectly. I'm curious to hear twopointeight's version because it sounds almost out of place as one of their songs, but maybe that's just because Brian's vocals are so different. I still find it so odd that THIS is the first release of that song.

I'm guessing that their version will be a very different, hard fast punk rock song and Brian really liked the lyrics and wanted to put his spin on it. Maybe he thought he'd be doing them a favor because once people find out its a twopointeight cover they'll be on the look out for it when it pops up on their album? It'd definitely be strange if the music/tempo is the same as their version.

However for instance my friend texted me and said "I googled the lyrics and nothing came up so I assume this is a new Gaslight song?" which would be my reaction too if I didn't read this site and already know it was a cover. Pretty curious but whatever it sounds good
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 1:53 am

eagles1139 wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:

I'm guessing that their version will be a very different, hard fast punk rock song and Brian really liked the lyrics and wanted to put his spin on it. Maybe he thought he'd be doing them a favor because once people find out its a twopointeight cover they'll be on the look out for it when it pops up on their album? It'd definitely be strange if the music/tempo is the same as their version.

However for instance my friend texted me and said "I googled the lyrics and nothing came up so I assume this is a new Gaslight song?" which would be my reaction too if I didn't read this site and already know it was a cover. Pretty curious but whatever it sounds good

Yeah I'm thinkin that too. Theoretically it sounds like a good idea but I think, in general, people tend to see the first version they hear as the "original" even if it's not. Plus, doesn't Brian know by now that (nearly) every song he covers magically gets 100x better than it already was? If I was putting out music I'd be honored if he wanted to cover my songs but I'd ask him not to!

I didn't even think about that issue! I mean, until we saw proof that it was a twopointeight song, everyone on here was pretty convinced it was an original for that exact reason. This is all very strange, haha. I really wish the lyrics were up somewhere though.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 2:21 am

Lyrics are from the back of the 7" typed as pictured there except not being in all caps.

This is where we part

Blazing through the cinder wearing nothing but the future on your sleeve. Wallow in nostalgia in your tiny universe, reigning supreme. Caught you running scared of the drum inside your head. Beating with the past, not with your heart. Another fire's just been lit, another set's been blown to bits, an indifferent ending to the perfect start. And this is where we part. Let's not loop the subject or keep dwelling in your stories anymore. Granted we're above it, then why is there such a need to tell them so? What went through your mind thinking I'm naturally inclined. Knowing all these songs and have them sung by heart. The plain truth of it all is we heed two different calls. A match made in a wrong turn, drawing straws. And this is where we part. Waltz around these burdens thinking this is all it's ever gonna be. A strange sense of entitlement lit up by something ominous to me. (They) hang on ever word. A complacent raconteur. All I can hear is hurt taken too far. I've seen forks in the road before, I'm not intrigued no more by memory lane and what it does to the heart. And this is where we part.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 3:00 am

Debonair wrote:
Lyrics are from the back of the 7" typed as pictured there except not being in all caps.

This is where we part

Blazing through the cinder wearing nothing but the future on your sleeve. Wallow in nostalgia in your tiny universe, reigning supreme. Caught you running scared of the drum inside your head. Beating with the past, not with your heart. Another fire's just been lit, another set's been blown to bits, an indifferent ending to the perfect start. And this is where we part. Let's not loop the subject or keep dwelling in your stories anymore. Granted we're above it, then why is there such a need to tell them so? What went through your mind thinking I'm naturally inclined. Knowing all these songs and have them sung by heart. The plain truth of it all is we heed two different calls. A match made in a wrong turn, drawing straws. And this is where we part. Waltz around these burdens thinking this is all it's ever gonna be. A strange sense of entitlement lit up by something ominous to me. (They) hang on ever word. A complacent raconteur. All I can hear is hurt taken too far. I've seen forks in the road before, I'm not intrigued no more by memory lane and what it does to the heart. And this is where we part.

As my copy seems to be lost in the mail, I appreciate this post.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 10:09 am

Anywhere I Lay My Head is pretty badass. I love it.
And This is Where We Part sounds great, though it sounds a lot like Ladykiller
Back to top Go down
sinkorswimmydear
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 11:42 am

i like the vinyl and the two songs. it would be cool if there were different pressings or colours.
Back to top Go down
Bobul
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Bobul

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 12:40 am

Just curious, did anyone receive an email for presale tickets through the fan club? I was under the impression that was a perk but maybe I missed the memo on the few shows that were announced.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 1:23 am

Bobul wrote:
Just curious, did anyone receive an email for presale tickets through the fan club? I was under the impression that was a perk but maybe I missed the memo on the few shows that were announced.

I haven't either. I feel like they sometimes skip dates with the club presales. Particularly if they're not the areas that will likely go quickly (nyc, nj, etc). But it is definitely part of the club. I think there's just a "where available" clause attached to it.
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 11:43 am

It's pretty much a sucess this year. The t-shirt is pretty rad, the record is really cool, especially the b-side, which rules hard.

I'm impressed, if they keep it this way, I might keep my subscription going.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 9:26 pm

I actually really hope they play both of these live. I wonder if they'll be played at theses upcoming shows. Especially "tiwwp" closest thing to hearing ladykiller/THC live again. So fine by me.
Back to top Go down
jm596353
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 10:32 am

has everyone received their year 2 package yet? i still haven't....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 10:34 am

jm596353 wrote:
has everyone received their year 2 package yet?  i still haven't....

Nothing here yet either
Back to top Go down
Bobul
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Bobul

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 11:16 am

I posted this elsewhere in the forums, but it's relevant here. This is from a March 24 email to InfiniteMerch that I sent asking for an update on the packages.
Hey Rob-

They have been shipping. There are thousands to go out, so we’re working our way through them.
Also, we’ll be sending out the the .mp3 download link on Wednesday.

So, they're shipping they say. All we can do is wait.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 12:42 pm

Haven't gotten mine yet either.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 8:03 pm

all due respect to the good guys at Infinite Merch, but this is clearly more than they can handle. it just shouldn't take months to get these out in the mail.

The least they can do is send them out in an order closer to your membership #.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 2:33 am

SirBrad wrote:

The least they can do is send them out in an order closer to your membership #.

1000 times this! I respect the whole "no seniority" thing but can there be SOME perks to having a single (or even double) digit member number! Or ya know, just not being one of the last 50 people to get it.

Sorry, I'm just really annoyed.
Back to top Go down
Hasler09
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Hasler09

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 3:28 am

Infinite Merch are terrible, had nothing but problems with them and all they have ever sent me is a couple of vinyl and a couple of t-shirts over the space of 3 odd years. It's not like its free.
Back to top Go down
lol_paul_ledoux
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 6:06 pm

I got my 7" and t shirt in the mail today and the shirt has a rip in it. LOL.

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 12 Imag0710
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 10:31 pm

Haha, wow man that sucks. Hopefully they have a few leftovers and can send you a new one in the same size!

I finally saw my shirt up close and personal today and finally realized what the image on it was (sorry if someone already mentioned this and I missed it). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the first time The GASLIGHT Anthem has used a gaslight in any "logo" of theirs. I like it.
Back to top Go down
Bobul
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Bobul

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 12:50 pm

lol_paul_ledoux wrote:
I got my 7" and t shirt in the mail today and the shirt has a rip in it. LOL.

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 12 Imag0710

Shoot them an email saying what happened. I had something similar where a tshirt i ordered had the graphic misaligned. I had no problem getting a replacement.
Back to top Go down
jm596353
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 7:10 pm

communication from management is just awful, and that's really being generous. i've emailed them multiple times about my year-2 package, which i haven't received yet, and the most specific response i get (if i get any at all) is that packages have shipped.

how hard is it to just tell me if mine has shipped or not?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)   45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club) - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

45 RPM Club (the official TGA fan club)
Page 12 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next