DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP??

Go down 
+15
mikeiscool42
NeverTrustAJunkie
DeathoftheCool
steady now steady now
thomas94
cdala
Zcamper
ral
rumham
TGAFAN25
SirBrad
The Last Jukebox Romeo
A_Regular
StitchesOnTheRadio
Shrewsbury_Stars
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP?? Empty
PostSubject: Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP??   Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP?? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:55 pm

According to vinyl collective, Handwritten Deluxe edition is being released for Record Store Day. I'm skeptical that this is true.

http://www.vinylcollective.com/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP??   Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 5:54 pm

also from vinyl collective message board:

Details: CD/DVD combo: DVD of live concert footage and a book of photos of the group and "Handwritten" CD
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP??   Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 6:16 pm

blugel wrote:
also from vinyl collective message board:

Details: CD/DVD combo: DVD of live concert footage and a book of photos of the group and "Handwritten" CD

Another deluxe CD package? Too funny.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP??   Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 6:47 pm

It is, isn't it....Mercury be pimping this album for all its worth....waiting for price and dvd details...

the words 'live concert footage' brings down the hope that its a full concert...
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP??   Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 7:38 pm

Let's see, if the super deluxe was photos + CD and that was $60, and this is the same plus a DVD, I'm guessing $80?
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP??   Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP?? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 11:58 am

Craptastic
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP??   Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP?? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 2:44 pm

blugel wrote:
It is, isn't it....Mercury be pimping this album for all its worth....waiting for price and dvd details...

the words 'live concert footage' brings down the hope that its a full concert...

Yeah, this has also brought my hopes down of a full concert DVD of which rumors have been circulating recently. Sad
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP??   Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 12:53 pm

http://download.recordstoreday.com/free/RSD_2013_RELEASES_WEBSITE.pdf

Just saw that here and came to post about it.

Limited to 800...just enough to make people panic and overpay. I still haven't opened my Mega Deluxe $75 CD with the book/autographs. And I never keep things sealed.

Here is a link at Vintage Vinyl. The price isn't too bad, but I really don't think it's anything worth getting excited about.

http://www.vvinyl.com/v/the-gaslight-anthem-handwritten-super-deluxe/3548
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP??   Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 2:18 pm

It's the live DVD we've all been waiting for! I hope this rocks! For $23 that's a great buy Smile (of course, assuming it's not like 3 songs or something)
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP??   Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 2:51 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
It's the live DVD we've all been waiting for! I hope this rocks! For $23 that's a great buy Smile (of course, assuming it's not like 3 songs or something)

I think it's utterly dumb that they are limiting this to 800. I'm sure many more than that would like to have this DVD. I think it's equally stupid that they are bundling the DVD with the Handwritten CD. Do they really think that anyone interested in the DVD does not already own Handwritten.

It's like this is a money grab but they are making so few that it's not even going to make that much money.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP??   Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 3:26 pm

Just another cash grab
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP??   Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 4:04 pm

Maybe I'm being a tad bit cynical, but am i the only one who has a problem that Gaslight makes an album romanticizing owning vinyl, yet on record store day they decide to save a few bucks per person and go with a CD?
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP??   Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 4:10 pm

A_Regular wrote:
Just another cash grab

Is it though if they're only making 800 copies? You'd figure they'd make more money if they did a DVD only release and didn't limit it. The cash they rake in from 800 units is a pittance to a major label.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP??   Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 4:13 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
A_Regular wrote:
Just another cash grab

Is it though if they're only making 800 copies? You'd figure they'd make more money if they did a DVD only release and didn't limit it. The cash they rake in from 800 units is a pittance to a major label.

If they plan on releasing the DVD in a month or two for $10-13 (pretty standard dvd price) then i'd say releasing 800 early and charging twice as much is a cash grab. It may not be a huge amount but it's still extra profit at every opportunity.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP??   Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 4:18 pm

remember that time some of us paid an overpriced $60 for the superdeluxe and then they released it again with a DVD for 1/3 of the original price?? Evil or Very Mad

Considering I still kick myself for that wasted money, I don't fancy paying for a second copy. If we knew for sure that this was a full concert good quality DVD that'd be one thing. I'm guessing it's either limited in some way (ie not the whole thing, any banter edited out, etc) or that it turned out to be not that great so they're just trying to make their money back on it by selling it with gimmicks. The fact that it's so limited will make people snatch them up but that doesn't mean the product is worth it. Methinks somebody's taking advantage...again. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP??   Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 4:24 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
rkirkpatrick25 wrote:

I think it's utterly dumb that they are limiting this to 800. I'm sure many more than that would like to have this DVD. I think it's equally stupid that they are bundling the DVD with the Handwritten CD. Do they really think that anyone interested in the DVD does not already own Handwritten.

It's like this is a money grab but they are making so few that it's not even going to make that much money.

Agreed. If you want to release a live dvd, there's no need to bundle it with your chart-topping album that was released less than a year ago. With the limited nature of this release and the brief description given thus far, I'd be surprised if it ends up being a full show. A compilation of a few songs taken from the T5 shows seems more likely and that'd be pretty disappointing considering how long they've been talking about filming/releasing a live concert.

Some of the decisions regarding these last two RSD releases are definitely questionable and this just adds to it. Are the songs from last fall's RSD release available in the US via iTunes/Amazon yet? It's pretty unbelievable at this point.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP??   Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 4:35 pm

ral wrote:

Some of the decisions regarding these last two RSD releases are definitely questionable and this just adds to it. Are the songs from last fall's RSD release available in the US via iTunes/Amazon yet? It's pretty unbelievable at this point.

Nope. And it's not like the vinyl came with a digital download either. Heck, it barely came with a sleeve! What was the 3rd RSD release you're referring to?
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP??   Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 4:38 pm

The downfalls of a major label
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP??   Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 4:38 pm

Hell, even the 45 7" had a tissue paper thin sleeve
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP??   Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 4:46 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
ral wrote:

Nope. And it's not like the vinyl came with a digital download either. Heck, it barely came with a sleeve! What was the 3rd RSD release you're referring to?

Tumbling Dice/She Loves You which was released on four colors for no real reason
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP??   Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 4:55 pm

ral wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
ral wrote:

Tumbling Dice/She Loves You which was released on four colors for no real reason

Nothing wrong at all with fun colors. Amazing packaging on that one too.
Back to top Go down
Zcamper
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP??   Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 6:20 pm

My guess is its footage from the Terminal 5 show, during the show Brian said they were going to use it for a special release. I guess its this or they are saving it for a fanclub something or other.
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP??   Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP?? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 8:30 am

I also hope this is finally the footage from Terminal 5.
But it's true that the last RSD release left a lot to be desired.
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP??   Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP?? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 4:12 pm

cdala wrote:

Asked the guys at RSD.com whether they have any further information if the dvd will contain the entire concert. Unfortunately they don't have Sad , but they told me that they asked the label about it and will e-mail me if the label will publish them more information..
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP??   Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP?? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 5:28 pm

thomas94 wrote:
cdala wrote:

Asked the guys at RSD.com whether they have any further information if the dvd will contain the entire concert. Unfortunately they don't have Sad , but they told me that they asked the label about it and will e-mail me if the label will publish them more information..

Thanks for doing that. Hopefully they do get more info but I don't think it's an accident that it was a brief description. Makes me suspicious though because if you have a great product you wanna tell about it. If you're product is lacking, you don't want to go into much detail and reveal that.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP??   Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Record Store Day 2013: Handwritten Deluxe LP??
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next