DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store?

Go down 
+14
bringiton_ty
SirBrad
TGAFAN25
drifter69
Daire
njguy99
kirstyt
Camus
White Man In Hammersmith
DeathoftheCool
StitchesOnTheRadio
jonnyz83
simo
saltandburn1967
18 posters
AuthorMessage
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store? Empty
PostSubject: Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store?   Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 11:20 pm

I really want to preorder it but I am worried that it will not get here on the day of release. I ordered the new Hot Water Music album and received it 5 days before the release date. Do you think this will be the same for Handwritten? This is the first time one of their albums is releasing while I am a fan so I don't know the best thing to do with them. If I choose to buy it in stores what stores would have it on first day of release? Or...Should I take the chance and preorder it? What have you always done when they release a new album?
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store?   Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 11:35 pm

I received American Slang about a week before release. However with a new label it's hard to say how that will work. But being on a major label I would anticipate that you would be able to buy the album in most record stores.
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store?   Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 11:59 pm

I'm not sure stores will have the deluxe version. So I'm going to pre-order and hope for the best.

I had American Slang a day before the release. Hopefully it's similar on a bigger label.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store?   Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:29 am

Maybe I'm crazy but in cases like this, I buy it on itunes the second it hits midnight and worry about a hard copy later. With Springsteen and Gaslight I don't worry about having multiple copies. (I may or may not have 4 copies of "Wrecking Ball")
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store?   Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 1:49 am

Finna buy the CD the day it comes out!!! Holla!!!
It's kind of a tradition for my friend and I to go to the record store and grab our copies day of. Damn, i'm so excited
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store?   Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 11:20 am

I'm gonna get it at HMV on release day, always nice to have that traditional record store purchase haha
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store?   Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 11:23 am

Both. Will pre-order vinyl and go pick up a CD on release day.
Back to top Go down
kirstyt
Wooderson
Wooderson
kirstyt

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store?   Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 11:42 am

I've pre-ordered from Play already & will probably pre-order a vinyl.

I may end up buying it on iTunes, too.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store?   Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 11:34 am

I'm gonna pre-order it on vinyl, perhaps as part of a bundle, and buy the CD from the good folks at Vintage Vinyl on the release day.

I know it's a little silly to buy a CD from a place with Vinyl in the name, but I expect the records will sell out a lot faster than the CDs will.
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store?   Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 1:39 pm

Unless there's a seriously special package I'll probably just get it in a shop (and I'm not talking vinyl or extra songs - no interest in vinyl, and songs will surface online).

I liked to support SideOne as I can see the benefit to them of having my cash ASAP but not Mercury.
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store?   Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 1:54 pm

Pre-Order Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store?   Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 1:58 pm

depends on vinyl pre-orders
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store?   Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 2:51 pm

I will go to the store on my lunch break and buy it. The vinyl, the regular CD and the deluxe version. Hopefully all three in one shot.

What I can't get my hands on, I will hit up maybe 1 or 2 other stores to get it. I am definitely in favor of supporting my loval indie stores because I never want them to go out of business.

If there are pre-order packages that are great, I might think about going that way. But I won't pre-order just to save money or to maybe get it a day early.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store?   Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 3:11 pm

pre ordered the signed one off play, cant wait for it to arrive! I dont usually, in the past I get one from town with my brother on the day its released (which has been tradition) but couldnt resist pre ordering a signed copy. May have to just get 2 so as not to break habits haha
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store?   Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 3:13 pm

bringiton_ty wrote:
pre ordered the signed one off play, cant wait for it to arrive! I dont usually, in the past I get one from town with my brother on the day its released (which has been tradition) but couldnt resist pre ordering a signed copy. May have to just get 2 so as not to break habits haha

The only thing with play.com, is it seems to take ages to arrive now, you will be lucky to get it first week of release..second week...no problem.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store?   Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 3:28 pm

Klown wrote:
bringiton_ty wrote:

The only thing with play.com, is it seems to take ages to arrive now, you will be lucky to get it first week of release..second week...no problem.

ok klown thanx mate! no way im gonna wait that long so guess on the day record store trip with my brother is back on and i will just have to keep that one as a collectors edition haha
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store?   Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 3:51 pm

Hmmm... that's a tough one. Depends on what I can afford. haha But, probably pre-order the vinyl and buy the cd on the day it comes out.

I'd suspect records will sell out fairly quick as well.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store?   Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 10:16 pm

Will places like Best Buy and F.Y.E have copies on release day? What places in the United States usually have them?
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store?   Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 10:38 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
Will places like Best Buy and F.Y.E have copies on release day? What places in the United States usually have them?

I think it's a possibility seeing as they're on a big label now. Not 100% though. But if there happen to be any super good record stores in your area, like in SF we have this awesome record store called Amoeba, that'd be the best bet. I wish i knew more about the commercial makeup of kansas haha
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store?   Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 10:40 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

I think it's a possibility seeing as they're on a big label now. Not 100% though. But if there happen to be any super good record stores in your area, like in SF we have this awesome record store called Amoeba, that'd be the best bet. I wish i knew more about the commercial makeup of kansas haha

Man, all we have around here is Best Buy, Walmart, F.Y.E, Hot Topic and just the chains that are everywhere. I am so nervous about getting the album the day of the release. I might just do the buy it on itunes on Midnight thing and then get it when I wake up at a store.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store?   Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 10:43 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

Man, all we have around here is Best Buy, Walmart, F.Y.E, Hot Topic and just the chains that are everywhere. I am so nervous about getting the album the day of the release. I might just do the buy it on itunes on Midnight thing and then get it when I wake up at a store.

hmm i'd say preordering would be a better bet in that case. i feel like with those types of stores it's really a crapshoot for any CD. but i feel like one of them would probably have it
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store?   Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 10:47 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

hmm i'd say preordering would be a better bet in that case. i feel like with those types of stores it's really a crapshoot for any CD. but i feel like one of them would probably have it

Cool. Thanks for your help! I never thought I would be worrying about a cd this much before...but there is just something about Gaslight Anthem. It is probably because I find them to be the most awesome band my ears have ever heard. I will just preorder one of the bundles when they are put up and then buy it on itunes as soon as it is buyable. That way there is no worrying about not being able to hear it on day 1. Smile
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store?   Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 11:45 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:

best buy will DEF have them...
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store?   Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 11:46 pm

I plan on pre-ordering vinyl!!!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store?   Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 7:12 am

I pre-ordered from the official Universal site for another band a few times. Most recently Lana Del Rey and they sent that about a week after release and it didn't even have a download card. Other times they've just sent me duplicate copies.

I'll personally probably see what Banquet put up for pre-order, if there's variants they'll usually get them in and sometimes they have free posters and stuff. But yeah, it depends on all the pre-orders that are to be announced.

If I don't have the album by release day I'll either see if I can find it really cheap on Amazon MP3 or somewhere or I'll go wait outside HMV and buy the CD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store?   Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you going to pre order Handwritten or Buy it in Store?
Page 1 of 1