DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Fallon can’t get down with Weezer’s “Hash Pipe” (Interview)

Go down 
+2
steph
LuceroDiehard
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

Brian Fallon can’t get down with Weezer’s “Hash Pipe” (Interview)  Empty
PostSubject: Brian Fallon can’t get down with Weezer’s “Hash Pipe” (Interview)     Brian Fallon can’t get down with Weezer’s “Hash Pipe” (Interview)  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 4:33 pm

Brian Fallon can’t get down with Weezer’s “Hash Pipe” (Interview)  Tumblr_inline_miudti1ZZy1qz4rgp
Photo by Sara E Goodman http://saraegoodman.blogspot.com/

n: It was a ginormous disappointment for me. I don’t really hate a lot of songs, but I think Weezer has put out some songs I really hate because they’ve also put out a lot of songs I really like. And I think that when you have songs that people are really attached to and associate with a pinnacle point of their development, musically, they expect that band to retain such integrity. And they have, sometimes. Sometimes. There are some new songs I like, but that song in particular, I can’t deal with.

AVC: Are you a Weezer fan otherwise?

BF: I really like them, actually, and that’s probably why I hate this song so much.

Read the rest

http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-gaslight-anthems-brian-fallon-cant-get-down-wi,92973/
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon can’t get down with Weezer’s “Hash Pipe” (Interview)     Brian Fallon can’t get down with Weezer’s “Hash Pipe” (Interview)  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 4:44 pm

sooo...he's mad cause it's about drugs? scratch
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon can’t get down with Weezer’s “Hash Pipe” (Interview)     Brian Fallon can’t get down with Weezer’s “Hash Pipe” (Interview)  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 5:25 pm

hahahaha...that's a brilliant interview.

He seems mad about it because it's lazy, not because of the subject matter. At least that's what I took away from it.

This exchange, in particular, is great...

Quote :
AVC: The album didn’t come with a lyric sheet, and some fans have disputed whether the line is “I’ve my got eyes wide,” “ass wide,” or “ass wipe.” What do you think?

BF: I’m 100 percent sure he’s saying, “I’ve got my eyes wide.” Because why would a human being go on record that will live in infamy forever and say, “I’ve got my ass wide?” I can’t even consider the possibility that that’s it. Because I will hate the song so much more if that is the lyric. Like, I won’t listen to Weezer anymore if that’s the lyric.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon can’t get down with Weezer’s “Hash Pipe” (Interview)     Brian Fallon can’t get down with Weezer’s “Hash Pipe” (Interview)  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 7:17 pm

steph wrote:

did you read the interview? he hates it because its just a bad song. There a "bad songs" like Beverly Hills that redeem themselves by being funny. But he thinks hash pipe is just bad without being funny, it has nothing to do with drugs. (on the other hand, if it was about a 45 year old skater dude he would've found it funny. But that's just because Brian has a weird sense of humor)
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon can’t get down with Weezer’s “Hash Pipe” (Interview)     Brian Fallon can’t get down with Weezer’s “Hash Pipe” (Interview)  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 12:13 am

haha that's great
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon can’t get down with Weezer’s “Hash Pipe” (Interview)     Brian Fallon can’t get down with Weezer’s “Hash Pipe” (Interview)  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 2:58 pm

CluckyB wrote:
steph wrote:

did you read the interview? he hates it because its just a bad song. There a "bad songs" like Beverly Hills that redeem themselves by being funny. But he thinks hash pipe is just bad without being funny, it has nothing to do with drugs. (on the other hand, if it was about a 45 year old skater dude he would've found it funny. But that's just because Brian has a weird sense of humor)

no, i didn't read it Rolling Eyes yes i did, there was just something about his words that made me think that. clearly i'm the only one, so that's fine. bounce
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon can’t get down with Weezer’s “Hash Pipe” (Interview)     Brian Fallon can’t get down with Weezer’s “Hash Pipe” (Interview)  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 11:40 am

Enjoyed reading that Smile Completely get where he's coming from with apathy from songwriters. Ive never listened to later Weezer records but love some of the older ones. Not a fan of Hash Pipe
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon can’t get down with Weezer’s “Hash Pipe” (Interview)     Brian Fallon can’t get down with Weezer’s “Hash Pipe” (Interview)  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Fallon can’t get down with Weezer’s “Hash Pipe” (Interview)
Page 1 of 1