DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Fallon Triple J Interview

Go down 
+10
MoonlightLady11
ivienco
pepperedham
The Angry Johnny Revue
ral
jzancan
magnificentdreamer
enola
Hasler09
eagles1139
14 posters
AuthorMessage
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

Brian Fallon Triple J Interview Empty
PostSubject: Brian Fallon Triple J Interview   Brian Fallon Triple J Interview Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 5:27 pm

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/musicnews/s4065696.htm

Awesome interview. Love the part about them all getting hammered in Nashville and singing karoake.

Back to top Go down
Hasler09
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Hasler09

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Triple J Interview   Brian Fallon Triple J Interview Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 5:45 pm

Awesome, how many bottles of Coke do you think Brian drank before this interview......hyped.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Triple J Interview   Brian Fallon Triple J Interview Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 6:25 pm

Very cool interview! Thanks for sharing Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
magnificentdreamer
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
magnificentdreamer

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Triple J Interview   Brian Fallon Triple J Interview Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 8:54 pm

Here's Brian totally going off on Triple J right after that interview
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Triple J Interview   Brian Fallon Triple J Interview Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 9:12 pm

magnificentdreamer wrote:

I listened to this podcast earlier, but doesn't he go off on American radio stations, and then say he appreciated Australia and how Triple J will play them no matter what?

Back to top Go down
jzancan
A Contender
A Contender
jzancan

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Triple J Interview   Brian Fallon Triple J Interview Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 9:46 pm

The thing he said about two singles (three, technically) really stuck out to me. Personally, I thought Get Hurt's marketing was genius.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/users/jzancan
magnificentdreamer
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
magnificentdreamer

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Triple J Interview   Brian Fallon Triple J Interview Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 9:59 pm

eagles1139 wrote:

I listened to this podcast earlier, but doesn't he go off on American radio stations, and then say he appreciated Australia and how Triple J will play them no matter what?

Yeah, you're right...my bad. His rant was definitely directed at American radio, not Triple J. Listening to it again I don't know where I got that from. I was probably distracted by how many f-bombs Brian was dropping.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Triple J Interview   Brian Fallon Triple J Interview Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 10:01 pm

eagles1139 wrote:

Yeah, you're right...my bad. His rant was definitely directed at American radio, not Triple J. Listening to it again I don't know where I got that from. I was probably distracted by how many f-bombs Brian was dropping.

Haha I know right. Fallon on the loose!

Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Triple J Interview   Brian Fallon Triple J Interview Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 10:04 pm

eagles1139 wrote:

The rant seemed mostly directed at American radio and the tabloid mag mention was probably towards NME. On a rampage for sure.
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Triple J Interview   Brian Fallon Triple J Interview Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 11:32 pm

What Brian said at the 12:13 minutes mark made my heart skip a bit. The Gaslight Boys have been ignoring Nuw Zuulland for tooooooo long!  cheers 
Back to top Go down
pepperedham
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
pepperedham

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Triple J Interview   Brian Fallon Triple J Interview Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 1:01 am

Both of the interviews in this thread were so fun to listen to. Brian has been giving some great interviews for this record. Some of the interviews during the Handwritten cycle were awkward (for now obvious reasons).

Love it.
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Triple J Interview   Brian Fallon Triple J Interview Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 1:55 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:

Haha I know right. Fallon on the loose!

WHat about when he tells the story about the cowboy bar in Nashville and all them getting hammered? I laughed my ass off tho I thought he barely drank...?
Back to top Go down
MoonlightLady11
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MoonlightLady11

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Triple J Interview   Brian Fallon Triple J Interview Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 3:36 pm

"Aretha Franklin is living inside of me. Maybe Etta James cause she's a little grumpy and she's smoked a million ciggies" hahaha the man has the greatest quotes
Back to top Go down
AngryRyan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
AngryRyan

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Triple J Interview   Brian Fallon Triple J Interview Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 11:13 am

he's so freaking hyper in this interview lmao
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Triple J Interview   Brian Fallon Triple J Interview Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 9:13 am

Motherfucker likes Mastodon!

Brian just became so much cooler.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Triple J Interview   Brian Fallon Triple J Interview Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 5:14 pm

Yeah, that riff is stoner as hell. Whether it's Monster Magnet or Mastodon or Kyuss or whoever…it is slowwwwww haha.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Thunder Peel
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Thunder Peel

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Triple J Interview   Brian Fallon Triple J Interview Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 6:10 pm

That Triple J interview was great. It's good to hear Brian energetic and excited about the new tunes. I especially liked his response of "I don't read that stuff! I'm worried it'll bum me out and kids will attack me." That was pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Triple J Interview   Brian Fallon Triple J Interview Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Fallon Triple J Interview
Page 1 of 1