DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gaslight Anthem Look Past Springsteen

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

The Gaslight Anthem Look Past Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: The Gaslight Anthem Look Past Springsteen   The Gaslight Anthem Look Past Springsteen Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 9:53 am

The Gaslight Anthem have spent the most part of their career being compared to their fellow New Jersey native Bruce Springsteen

Like The Boss, the nostalgia-tinged four-piece have ascended New Jersey’s punk scene to sell out shows around the world on a propulsive rock’n’roll sound.

They are on a similar trajectory, with four robust albums in five years and non-stop touring evidence of The Gaslight Anthem’s strong work ethic.

An outspoken fan of the unassuming four-piece, Springsteen famously invited them to perform on stage when he headlined Britain’s Glastonbury Festival.

The Gaslight Anthem repaid the favour by having him over for burgers.

“Yeah, I cooked Bruce a hamburger, it was pretty surreal but he’s the guy who walks around the neighbourhood saying hi to everyone,” says bass player Alex Levine.

“For someone who’s there with Bob Dylan and Barak Obama as an icon of our times he’s a really humble guy.”

Just as determined to stay grounded, The Gaslight Anthem - also comprising singer Brian Fallon, Alex Rosamilia and Benny Horowitz - are uneasy with fame.

MORE

http://au.news.yahoo.com/latest/a/-/article/16152913/the-gaslight-anthem-look-past-springsteen/
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Look Past Springsteen   The Gaslight Anthem Look Past Springsteen Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 10:32 am

if you ask me they still haven't racaptured the magic of the 45 sound Razz
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Look Past Springsteen   The Gaslight Anthem Look Past Springsteen Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 1:58 pm

Labhras wrote:
if you ask me they still haven't racaptured the magic of the 45 sound Razz

It's amazing how amateurish some people are. I despair. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Look Past Springsteen   The Gaslight Anthem Look Past Springsteen Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 4:18 pm

"Rooms full of screaming teens. Whenever I see them I'd always say the average age is between 20 and 30. But yeah, another tedious Springsteen comparison and an amateurish mistake at the end there.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Look Past Springsteen   The Gaslight Anthem Look Past Springsteen Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 5:22 pm

Nyeah, it's the '45 Sound, see? Nyeah...
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem Look Past Springsteen   The Gaslight Anthem Look Past Springsteen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gaslight Anthem Look Past Springsteen
Page 1 of 1