DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem.

Go down 
+2
JoshRaymond
JordanM85
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JordanM85
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem. Empty
PostSubject: I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem.   I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:17 pm

I saw that they were opening for Alkaline Trio and Rise Against. So I got both albums and the EP. Ended up loving them much more than expected. Played the albums in the car with some friends and now they are all fans as well. We can't wait for the concert, and I hope they have some Vinyl for sale at the merch booth.

It's very rare that I like a band instantly, but I loved these guys from the first moment I heard Boomboxes And Dictionaries... then I thought it may be a great first song and then the rest lacking. No filler at all on any of their albums, very impressive.

I keep seeing their name show up in band reccomendation topics on other message boards, so the word is getting out, I think The Gaslight Anthem is going to be huge.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem.   I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:26 am

thats awesome
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem.   I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:00 am

I agree these guys are going to be the next big thing... I think for the next contest it should be that you have to send an email to the grammy committee and cc me on it so we can get them nominated... because The '59 sound is not just the soul/rock/punk album of the year... it is the album of the year period.
Back to top Go down
JordanM85
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem.   I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 4:07 am

I haven't really went through and pick an album of the year. I know there were quite a few good ones. But 59 Sound will definitely be in my top 5.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem.   I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 7:39 am

I have not bought that many new records this year, so for me it is an easy choice!
Back to top Go down
JordanM85
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem.   I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 7:36 pm

Yeah, I listen to quite a bit. I do have to say there have been a lot of disappointments this year too. But for me, Kepi Ghoulie, Crystal Castles, Horrorpops, and Girl Talk along with TGA of course, were the stand out albums so far in 2008..
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem.   I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 8:02 pm

mine are TGA, The Loved Ones, H2O, and Street Dogs. kinda a down year for albums. 2007 was really good.

i'm still waiting on Chris Wollard's and Joey Cape's. and next year, the bouncing souls, maybe social d, and streetlight
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem.   I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 8:48 pm

haha dude that next social d record is never going to come out, ive been waiting for years
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem.   I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 9:11 pm

yeah, i know, but he said in a recent interview that they were shooting for an early '09 release...but I don't even think they've started recording yet
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem.   I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 10:44 pm

yeah in AP they had an article about them releasing it, and this was awhile ago and still nothing, im just to the point to accecpting they are never gonna release anything again
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem.   I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem. Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 12:23 am

JoshRaymond wrote:
yeah in AP they had an article about them releasing it, and this was awhile ago and still nothing, im just to the point to accecpting they are never gonna release anything again

I think with Charlie leaving and being instantly replaced, and embarking on a tour (where they are playing a couple of shows with the Anthem) it should stir some movement within the Social D camp and get things cracking again.

I mean the newest material from them was in 07 (being the new song 'Far Behind' included on their Greatest Hits) so it's not like they've been inactive like they were in the mid-eighties.

To sum up, GET MOVING MIKE NESS!!
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem.   I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem. Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 2:21 pm

i like how they said they were gonna record Diamond In the Rough and "a few other new ones" for the Greatest Hits record...didn't happen. i think they also said there would be an album out before the Greatest Hits
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem.   I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem. Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 5:21 pm

hey it took eight years between white light and sex love and rock n roll...
dont lose your faith yet!
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem.   I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem. Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 5:38 pm

true, but at least they kept busy with Live at the Roxy and Mike's two solo albums between those albums. all they've done since '04 is the Greatest Hits album

i'm afraid they're turning into BOTAR, planning a bunch of stuff years in advance and never getting around to it. i've just kinda stopped waiting for it, just expecting it to never happen, so if it does, i'll be surprised and get pumped, instead of just being like "about time"
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem.   I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem. Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 7:10 pm

good way to look at it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem.   I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm a new fan of The Gaslight Anthem.
Page 1 of 1