DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Understanding where your $25 goes (45 RPM Club)

Go down 
+8
rumham
steady now steady now
bringiton
StitchesOnTheRadio
njguy99
ral
SirBrad
NeverTrustAJunkie
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

Understanding where your $25 goes (45 RPM Club) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Understanding where your $25 goes (45 RPM Club)   Understanding where your $25 goes (45 RPM Club) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 2:47 pm

Debonair wrote:
Last I saw in the club thread it was well into a thousand for members (people posted their I'd numbers) if everyone in the club gets one there are bound to be a ton out there. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't go for much on eBay. Mainly cause most people who collect gaslight vinyls are part of the fan club already thus will get one. Also with how many copies of it will be out there - I could see the demand just might not be there for it.

Maybe in the early days of selling (like the thc record store day finger print exclusive) it will be up in price. But even that came down after all the left over copies made their way to eBay. So I guess sell fast/ early and high if you want to make a profit lol

I disagree entirely. Gaslight is only gaining in popularity, and all the new fans will never have had a chance to buy this 7". Look at Halloween from the Alkaline Trio fanclub. They had an even bigger fan base than Gaslight back when that came out.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Understanding where your $25 goes (45 RPM Club)   Understanding where your $25 goes (45 RPM Club) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 6:54 pm

Hey you might be right. but i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

i just looked back abit and someone here was member 1874 and that was posted in November. So I'm guessing its around or over 2000 right now. To me with that many copies of this vinyl being out there - idk I just don't see the demand. Maybe if it was like " the first 500 people to sign up will get it." I could see there being demand. But with 2000 sum pressing - idk.

Even horrible crowes Elsie lp on blood red was 1500 limited and I remember people thought that would be rare. But that is still everywhere to purchase. I get your point, two separate bands/followings. But this vinyl is already higher in pressings.

Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: Understanding where your $25 goes (45 RPM Club)   Understanding where your $25 goes (45 RPM Club) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 7:04 pm

Another example is Jack White's club. There are always open registrations and no member limit, but the club vinyl always goes for double the price of club membership on ebay.

ps his fan club is a bit pricey but incredible. Check it out.

http://thirdmanrecords.com/vault/
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Understanding where your $25 goes (45 RPM Club)   Understanding where your $25 goes (45 RPM Club) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 7:45 pm

A_Regular wrote:
Another example is Jack White's club. There are always open registrations and no member limit, but the club vinyl always goes for double the price of club membership on ebay.

ps his fan club is a bit pricey but incredible. Check it out.

http://thirdmanrecords.com/vault/

You seem to know more about fan club vinyl so i'll take your word for it. But I'm still a little skeptical. I have no plan of selling mine so it doesn't matter to me lol.

If a lot of people try selling theirs (which it seems like there are a few, who are, from what I've read since the club began) i don't think it will be high. If more people hold on to it maybe it's another story.

But like I said you seem to have a better understanding so i'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

But to steer this thread back on track a bit. With that one member (being 1874 knowledge) i'll bump it up that their at 2000 (or higher but to keep it simple) subscriptions by now. With $25 a piece they have made around $50,000 only on registration. Add in all the things you are getting for free (plus administration fees etc)I could see how they are losing money. If they feel the need to up the fees at some point i'll understand. But I'm glad they've done all they have so far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Understanding where your $25 goes (45 RPM Club)   Understanding where your $25 goes (45 RPM Club) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 1:58 pm

I saw someonoe post over on the PJ forums that their number was just over 2000 within the last few weeks. I signed up in September and my number is 1871.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Understanding where your $25 goes (45 RPM Club)   Understanding where your $25 goes (45 RPM Club) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Understanding where your $25 goes (45 RPM Club)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2