DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Madrid 9th November

Go down 
+4
The Major
Álvaro
Down by the Mersey
theratman
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
covsc1922
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Madrid 9th November  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 11:37 am

Down by the Mersey wrote:
Álvaro wrote:
Just 1 thing I discovered last week (when I collected my ticket): not every ATM of "La Caixa" can print tickets. You have to check this link (https://portal2.lacaixa.es/apl/localizador/caixamaps/index_es.html) and follow the steps:

1-. Click in the first item (Oficinas y Cajeros).

2-. Then, on the second one, you have to go the the "Venta de Entradas" and choose "Música" from the list.

3-. Then you have to point to Madrid city in the map.

4-. There are 240 ATM in Madrid city that can print tickets so maybe it's better to skip steps 1,2 & 3 and try directly in every ATM you come across while in the city.

Are these ATMs inside the banks or outside on the street? We don't get to Madrid until late afternoon and with it being a fiesta the banks wont be open.

The ATMs are outside on the street.
Back to top Go down
covsc1922
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 5:57 am

Madrid is now officially sold out.

http://aftermusiic.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-gaslight-anthem-agota-en-madrid.html

Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 6:53 pm

THEY PLAYED THE SPIRIT OF JAZZ!!! affraid
Back to top Go down
lydozzz
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
lydozzz

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 8:36 pm

but they don't play the song from senor and the queen, they said it was old. Razz lol! but overall it was GREAT!!
Back to top Go down
http://brainwashedgeneration.tumblr.com
theratman
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
theratman

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 7:41 am

Christophe wrote:
THEY PLAYED THE SPIRIT OF JAZZ!!! affraid

Yeah .. Enjoyed that .. coming after Mae..

They played nearly all of 59 Sound I think and nothing from Senor and only Angry Johnny from SOS...

Tiny venue (think Roadhouse) and the Spanish as great an audience as ever...

Met Ian and Benny outside ..always a pleasure ..

No Brian again .. he's turned into a bit of a hermit this tour ..
Back to top Go down
Álvaro
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Álvaro

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 4:40 pm

Nice show in my opinion.

What I liked:

- The Spirit of Jazz.

- The people: not the fans who came from abroad - diehard fans - who wanted to be at the last stage of the European Tour. I mean the Spanish fans - there were a few on the firsts rows - who knew every song. Superb!

- Ian Perkins. I met him before the show at a convenience store near the venue and I warned him not to wear the FC Barcelona jersey Smile He kindly explain the reason of it - he didn't convince me Smile - and said that that morning they were at Bernabeu stadium (Real Madrid stadium) and bought a RM jersey.

- Alex Rosamilia: kissing his Real Madrid jersey after his part on "Here's Looking at you, Kid" was something unexpected...and we went crazy (at least those of us who are Real Madrid fans).

- Speaking with two spanish friends that went to the show (they don't know TGA that much) and realized that they enjoyed the show a lot.

What I didn't like:

- The lack of training of the security stewards. The when people crowdsurfed you notice that because you get a kick on your head. When one of the boys landed on the corridor between the first row and the stage they pushed him back to the first row in such a violent manner! I bet it was the first show of that kind that the venue hosted.

- Poor sound. Brian mic was too low, I couldn't hear him.

- Waterdrops from the air conditioning unit landing on my head all show!

- Baba O'Riley (I would have loved that as an ending of the European leg).

Let's see what happens on 2013!
Back to top Go down
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 4:54 pm

It was a good show and nice to see everyone having so much fun. Brian's mic has been too low for most of the tour unless you are in the front row from what I have seen/heard. For example in Birmingham the audience could hardly hear what he said between songs. Brian seemed to be struggling but was trying his best.

Saw Ian, Benny and Alex L before they show - in fact they were stood at the front of the stage watching the support band for quite sometime.

Would have liked more Sink or Swim songs but Spirit of Jazz more than made up for it Smile

Given the collect at box office or la caixa ticket issues on the day the security guys were really helpful to me. The 2 of them then ended up doing the stage management and looked a little bit shocked by the crowd surfing but they will get better I'm sure.

Got our plane back last night and saw a lad wearing a Polar Bear Club jacket who we saw at the gig - never got a chance to say hi if you are on here.

The badge kissing was funny and I must say I do like the green CL shirt he was wearing. Also liked the Ole Ole Ole Ole chant at the encore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bosshugo
Álvaro
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Álvaro

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 5:07 pm

I heard the mic lower than in my other gigs of this tour. A friend who stayed very far said that the sound was ok (except the mic).

Yeah, Ian, Benny and Alex L. were in front of the stage while the supporting band was playing!

What problems did you have with the tickets? There was a La Caixa just in front of the venue (I didn't know it and, in fact, I didn't know if that ATM could print tickets). I don't like the system, btw.

The security guys were, as you said, shocked. In "The Spirit of Jazz" (the second song), the guys who were in front of me (I was on the second row) went nuts when he show the firsts "movements" of the people and almost jump to kick someone out of the venue. They were more quiet after that, but they freaked on the first 2 songs...they weren't expecting that!

I do like the green jersey, although I admit that it is a slap on our history (we never wore green).

The chant at the end was "OE OE OE" which is pretty similar! Smile
Back to top Go down
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 6:27 pm

The email said to collect from La Caixa - went there and was told that the tickets had already been printed and needed to be collected from the venue. Went to the venue and they knew nothing about it. Finally got told that the promoter was coming to hand out the tickets later. Got in ok in the end so all good.

Where does the green come from?

My mistake about the OE song Wink

Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bosshugo
Álvaro
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Álvaro

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 6:39 pm

Down by the Mersey wrote:

Where does the green come from?

From nowhere, that's the problem. Last year it was red - which was also good in my opinion - and at least we played a couple of games in red back in the 70's but I think these tests aren't good for a team like Real Madrid. It has a history and has to honor it. We have different shades of blue that work well as a 2nd kit and purple (which is a historic colour that appears in the badge) is another option (we had that purple kit 3 years ago and it was awesome). On the other side, we never wore black until 12 years ago and now it is pretty much establish as a 2nd kit (not this year). Sorry for the offtopic! Here's the video of Alex R (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCHktZ2KH3k)

What a mess with the tickets...I think that may happen if you don't collect them one or two days before the show...which sucks in cases like you (coming from abroad).

I was chanting "oe" and I think that is what I heard. Anyway: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YowSB2cJH1c Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 9th November    Madrid 9th November  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Madrid 9th November
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2