DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Continuing Rolling Stone's love-hate relationship...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

Continuing Rolling Stone's love-hate relationship... Empty
PostSubject: Continuing Rolling Stone's love-hate relationship...   Continuing Rolling Stone's love-hate relationship... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 5:24 pm

The August 30th edition has a short sidebar about how Gaslight's sound ISN'T based only on Bruce Springsteen, and "taking a stand against too-easy comparisons" the magazine asked Brian to talk about his other influences.

Four of them, none of which are a surprise: Joe Strummer, Paul Westerberg, Tom Waits, and Bob Dylan.

By my count, this is now 4 issues in a row that RS has run something about Gaslight. What will the next one bring?

Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Continuing Rolling Stone's love-hate relationship...   Continuing Rolling Stone's love-hate relationship... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 5:31 pm

Eddie Vedder didn't wipe his ass with a copy of RS for nothing...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Continuing Rolling Stone's love-hate relationship...   Continuing Rolling Stone's love-hate relationship... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 5:35 pm

Klown wrote:
Eddie Vedder didn't wipe his ass with a copy of RS for nothing...

cheers cheers cheers cheers

It's funny - I don't subscribe to RS for the music reviews anymore. Their political reporting and long-form articles tend to be brilliant, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Continuing Rolling Stone's love-hate relationship...   Continuing Rolling Stone's love-hate relationship... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Continuing Rolling Stone's love-hate relationship...
Page 1 of 1