DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Rolling Stones

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Poet Jonah
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Poet Jonah

Location : Chattanooga, the cousin nobody invites to the family reunion

The Rolling Stones Empty
PostSubject: The Rolling Stones   The Rolling Stones Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 1:14 am

I'm just now getting into their music (been hearing them since I was little but now just starting to listen to them) if that makes sense. I'm starting with their first album and going through that. I've been told to skip Satanic Majesties Request but my question is, where should I stop? Like for tom petty I'm going to stop at "wildflowers" and everything before that album I'm soaking in and so far i'm stopping on The River for Springsteen and soaking in everything before that. What should I do with The Rolling Stones?!
This doesn't mean i'm permanently stopping there! I plan on continuing through Springsteen and Petty and the Stones discography but I don't want to miss anything.
Back to top Go down
jeffrey2
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
jeffrey2

The Rolling Stones Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rolling Stones   The Rolling Stones Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 3:47 am

Stop at "Emotional Rescue". The best albums are Exile on Main Street, Beggars Banquet, Sticky Fingers, Let it Bleed, and Some Girls, like Neil Young, Springsteen, Bowie, and others, the Stones have laid a few clunkers, but the mid 60's to late 70's were their best years. For being one of the best bands ever, and I've always been a Stones guy over the Beatles, it amazes me how they haven't made a decent album in decades. Jagger's Alfie soundtrack with Dave Stewart was allright, and Richards first solo album, but otherwise, the lack of quality Stones material has been scarce the past two decades. Exile is my favorite, probally their most raw, and creative.
Back to top Go down
http://jcool_se7en@hotmail.com
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

The Rolling Stones Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rolling Stones   The Rolling Stones Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 am

On a related note, I just finished reading Keith's autobiography and it's excellent reading.
Back to top Go down
The Poet Jonah
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Poet Jonah

Location : Chattanooga, the cousin nobody invites to the family reunion

The Rolling Stones Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rolling Stones   The Rolling Stones Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 12:17 pm

Okay, my next question is, where should I stop with Neil Young? lol and thank you so much for the advise
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

The Rolling Stones Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rolling Stones   The Rolling Stones Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 4:11 pm

I agree with Jeffrey2. Emotional Rescue is a good stopping point, but definitely work your way through their whole catalogue at some point. They have so many great albums, but I think my favorite studio album is probably Let It Bleed and my favorite compilation is Hot Rocks 1964-1971. Some of my favorite Stones songs are Beast of Burden ( I love you ), You Can't Always Get What You Want, Gimme Shelter, Satisfaction, and Salt of the Earth.

Sometimes I forget that these guys have been around for half a century because they are still so cool and their music is just as good today as it was the first time I heard it. In fact, I probably like them more now than I did when I was growing up. Mick, Keith, and the rest of the guys will never get old.
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

The Rolling Stones Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rolling Stones   The Rolling Stones Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 8:11 pm

http://www.nme.com/news/the-rolling-stones/64544

wow Keith and Jack White Smile Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
Sponsored content

The Rolling Stones Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rolling Stones   The Rolling Stones Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rolling Stones
Page 1 of 1