DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saving rock isn’t our job, says Gaslight Anthem

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

Saving rock isn’t our job, says Gaslight Anthem Empty
PostSubject: Saving rock isn’t our job, says Gaslight Anthem   Saving rock isn’t our job, says Gaslight Anthem Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 7:45 am

“We recorded a record that we all like,” guitarist Alex Rosamilia said. “It happens to be a rock record, but we didn’t do it to try to save rock ’n’ roll. That’s a pretty pompous thing to do.”

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/music/14162380-421/saving-rock-isnt-our-job-says-gaslight-anthem-about-to-play-lollapalooza.html

Saving rock isn’t our job, says Gaslight Anthem Jpeg
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Saving rock isn’t our job, says Gaslight Anthem   Saving rock isn’t our job, says Gaslight Anthem Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 8:03 am

Quote :
“I don’t think that we’re the Nirvana,” Fallon said.

“Maybe,” drummer Benny Horowitz said, “we can at least be the Mudhoney of this era.”

Clap
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Saving rock isn’t our job, says Gaslight Anthem   Saving rock isn’t our job, says Gaslight Anthem Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 8:06 am

njguy99 wrote:
Quote :

“Maybe,” drummer Benny Horowitz said, “we can at least be the Mudhoney of this era.”

Clap

Much better band as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Saving rock isn’t our job, says Gaslight Anthem   Saving rock isn’t our job, says Gaslight Anthem Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 9:35 pm

njguy99 wrote:
Quote :

Clap

Mudhoney---what ever happened...
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Saving rock isn’t our job, says Gaslight Anthem   Saving rock isn’t our job, says Gaslight Anthem Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 11:20 pm

Obviously they're talented musicians and deserved to play bigger places than the bar scene but whoever thought they were the saviors of rock n roll needs to reevaluate their standards. I love the music but I sort of just take them for what they are which Is a band that has blended their influences in creating their identity. I dont think they're pioneering or redefining any genres within rock that would warrant that sort of hyperbole. In 10-20 years are up incoming artists going to say they drew inspiration from TGA? Probably not.

On a side note though the whole saving rock n roll is such nonsense to me. It obviously sucks that Nickelback is considered "good" mainstream rock but there are so many different genres within rock n roll that there is no shortage of talented bands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saving rock isn’t our job, says Gaslight Anthem   Saving rock isn’t our job, says Gaslight Anthem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saving rock isn’t our job, says Gaslight Anthem
Page 1 of 1