DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Visions-Magazine

Go down 
+13
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Jack
bringiton_ty
saltandburn1967
enola
YouCanCallMeSally
StitchesOnTheRadio
Hanswurst
thomas94
plugga
steady now steady now
tyoac
Krusimo
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Krusimo
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Krusimo

Visions-Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Visions-Magazine   Visions-Magazine Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:11 am

Visions-Magazine Visions

The german Vision-Magazine will release a big feature with singer Brian Fallon tomorrow. But again, mostly it deals with his religious view.
Even if you don´t understand german, you probably will translate Brian´s quote on the cover Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthemfans.de
tyoac
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Visions-Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visions-Magazine   Visions-Magazine Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 6:56 am

"big feature", its only like 4 pages of interview Sad
if anyone buys it some scans would be much appreciated! ive clicked through the magazine online and there isnt really anything interesting at all besides the gaslight anthem interview.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Visions-Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visions-Magazine   Visions-Magazine Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:02 am

Zottel wrote:
Even if you don´t understand german, you probably will translate Brian´s quote on the cover Wink

not as easy as it looks and people might think that Brian is pissed off; well, in a way; it reads: "Tell people from me, that they can piss off."
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Visions-Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visions-Magazine   Visions-Magazine Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 8:25 am

I swear to god I didn't understand a thing of that quote hahah
Back to top Go down
Krusimo
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Krusimo

Visions-Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visions-Magazine   Visions-Magazine Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:23 am

steady now steady now wrote:
Zottel wrote:

not as easy as it looks and people might think that Brian is pissed off; well, in a way; it reads: "Tell people from me, that they can piss off."

Right translation Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthemfans.de
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

Visions-Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visions-Magazine   Visions-Magazine Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 12:08 pm

Noticed the thread just now...I've got that magazine here

In case sb. is still interested, I could scan and also translate the article(s) about Gaslight. They are quite interesting, even if there's not lots of new information. Just let me know..(speak soon, stay lucky Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

Visions-Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visions-Magazine   Visions-Magazine Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 12:16 pm

that would be great Very Happy

didn't notice this at all..

is it still available here in germany or out of date ?

thx
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

Visions-Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visions-Magazine   Visions-Magazine Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 5:19 pm

Hanswurst wrote:
that would be great Very Happy

didn't notice this at all..

is it still available here in germany or out of date ?

thx

Still available Wink ...
Back to top Go down
tyoac
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Visions-Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visions-Magazine   Visions-Magazine Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:16 pm

scans would be great. übersetzung brauch ich keine Smile
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Visions-Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visions-Magazine   Visions-Magazine Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:49 pm

Zottel wrote:
Zottel wrote:

Right translation Smile

Does it really say that? Because paired with that photo that's kind of funny. I'd love to read the actual article but I have a feeling even if I use an online translator I'll get a lot of it wrong.
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

Visions-Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visions-Magazine   Visions-Magazine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:12 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Zottel wrote:
Zottel wrote:

Right translation Smile

Does it really say that? Because paired with that photo that's kind of funny. I'd love to read the actual article but I have a feeling even if I use an online translator I'll get a lot of it wrong.

Yeah, that's what it says. As I mentioned, I could translate the articles to english Wink
Back to top Go down
YouCanCallMeSally
A Contender
A Contender
YouCanCallMeSally

Visions-Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visions-Magazine   Visions-Magazine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 6:29 pm

Hahaha that fake magazine is amazing.

Sorry, yeah Thomas if you have the time it would be really cool if you could provide a translation. If not, I completely understand.

EDIT: Nevermind. Someone translated it on the Gaslight Anthem Fans page on facebook.

Could you post the link, please? Can't find it.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/rubychaos
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

Visions-Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visions-Magazine   Visions-Magazine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 7:40 pm

Admin note:
Please stay on topic in the threads. I moved the fake magazine posts to General Chat.
Also please remember the forum netiquette
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t4361-forum-netiquette-reminder

On the topic of the Visions mag: do we still need the scan?
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

Visions-Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visions-Magazine   Visions-Magazine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 8:10 pm

Whooah affraid ..sorry everybody. I completely forgot about that Visions thing Embarassed ...you nee to know that I am one of those persons who are thinkin' about a thousand other things at the same time. The last days have been kinda messed up.. I'm sorry...

YouCanCallMeSally wrote:
Hahaha that fake magazine is amazing.

Sorry, yeah Thomas if you have the time it would be really cool if you could provide a translation. If not, I completely understand.

EDIT: Nevermind. Someone translated it on the Gaslight Anthem Fans page on facebook.

Could you post the link, please? Can't find it.

There you go:
Part 1
http://tinyurl.com/c7mhr7l
Part 2
https://www.facebook.com/notes/the-gaslight-anthem-fans/visions-magazine-interview-with-the-gaslight-anthem-part-2/428219470552551
Part 3
https://www.facebook.com/notes/the-gaslight-anthem-fans/visions-magazine-interview-with-the-gaslight-anthem-part-3/428222640552234

* But be warned: this is one of the most direct and aggressive interviews (deeply connected with that interpunk interview) Brian has ever done . So if you don't have a hard hard heart Very Happy Very Happy - this might break your heart*

Last edited by thomas94 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

Visions-Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visions-Magazine   Visions-Magazine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 8:38 pm

thomas94 wrote:
* But be warned: this is one of the most direct and aggressive interviews (deeply connected with that interpunk interview) Brian has ever done . So if you don't have a hard hard heart Very Happy Very Happy - this might break your heart*

I was really looking forward to this interview but got really angry when I read it. The part about the music and Handwritten is still good but the rest is completely unnecessary.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

Visions-Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visions-Magazine   Visions-Magazine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 9:49 pm

What was so offensive about this interview?
Back to top Go down

Visions-Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visions-Magazine   Visions-Magazine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 10:03 pm

few things from the interview.

Brendan didn't produce Superunkown or Blood Sugar Sex Magik.

I think one of the things on the interview is again the whole 'he doesn't believe in evolution' thing
maybe I misread it or something but how does one who is in their 30s not know about the evolution vs creation debate.

It's funny how he basically tells people to piss off and all but then maybe he realizes that he can't say that cause it's the people who pay for his music and thus he needs to be nice to em to make a living...which is why maybe they had the fb status about how much they love their fans.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

Visions-Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visions-Magazine   Visions-Magazine Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:02 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
few things from the interview.

Brendan didn't produce Superunkown or Blood Sugar Sex Magik.

I think one of the things on the interview is again the whole 'he doesn't believe in evolution' thing
maybe I misread it or something but how does one who is in their 30s not know about the evolution vs creation debate.

It's funny how he basically tells people to piss off and all but then maybe he realizes that he can't say that cause it's the people who pay for his music and thus he needs to be nice to em to make a living...which is why maybe they had the fb status about how much they love their fans.

I believe he didn't know that people were arguing about HIS view. People were debating about his views on religion.
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

Visions-Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visions-Magazine   Visions-Magazine Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 4:15 am

Really enjoyed that interview though part 1 wouldnt load for some reason. Despite not liking national anthem i really like what brian says when he explains some of it
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

Visions-Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visions-Magazine   Visions-Magazine Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 5:44 am

Here's the link to the scan of the full article for everyone who's interested (still in German though Wink)
http://www.mediafire.com/?r9m5bzq5weuc1me
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

Visions-Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visions-Magazine   Visions-Magazine Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 6:12 am

thanx!
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

Visions-Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visions-Magazine   Visions-Magazine Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:34 am

bringiton_ty wrote:
Really enjoyed that interview though part 1 wouldnt load for some reason. Despite not liking national anthem i really like what brian says when he explains some of it

I corrected the link... should be working now!

saltandburn1967 wrote:

Well, I just noticed that the Gaslight Anthem Fanpage forgot or didn't want to translate the last one and a half page ( which are the last two paragraphs of p. 5 and the complete page 6), where he becomes offensive. I'll translate that for you ..

Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

Visions-Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visions-Magazine   Visions-Magazine Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:58 am

thomas94 wrote:
bringiton_ty wrote:

I corrected the link... should be working now!

saltandburn1967 wrote:

Well, I just noticed that the Gaslight Anthem Fanpage forgot or didn't want to translate the last one and a half page ( which are the last two paragraphs of p. 5 and the complete page 6), where he becomes offensive. I'll translate that for you ..

Thanks bro!
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

Visions-Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visions-Magazine   Visions-Magazine Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 10:08 am

thanks for ammending that link!
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

Visions-Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visions-Magazine   Visions-Magazine Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 11:19 am

Ok, here's the rest. I tried to translate the whole thing properly and I'm pretty sure that my translation is close to the original. If anything from the Fanpage's translation or the rest you can see underneath seems weird or doesn't make sense, you can still ask me. I hope everthing is understandable though..

Just to let you know. I don't know if it is translated elsewhere but there's also a seperate review of Handwritten in the same magazine.

“Are there really all those people talking about the topic whether I believe in dinosaurs, or not? I mean, I believe in dinosaurs, and in intellectual evolution too. But I don't believe in the evolution of species“, says Fallon shaking his head in disbelief. At this point, Fallon is beginning to get really angry and loud, “ I don't need to explain myself for saying so. If there's somebody out there who is contrary to that, that's okay. I think I am right, the other person thinks he's right too. That's what we call being tolerant. And you are complete idiots, if you tell me that I can't believe in what I want to...Bite me! Why the hell do you care what I think about the evolution? You can piss off! If you aren't any of those dinosaur-professors, piss off! This is my opinion concerning the whole discussion. I believe in god and I believe in the existence of Maria and Joseph too. I'm not saying that you also have to believe in that. I just say that I believe in that. In case that's not okay for you, fuck off! That's the way life is.. I don't have to think the same as you. I think this is crap right now.“ Meanwhile, it seems impossible to stop Brian Fallon as he starts carrying on “ Do you know what happens when you try to bring everyone into line?” Alex Rosamilia is already anticipating what his band mate is going to say, and begins to hide himself, being completely astonished, in his hooded jacket. Fallon could stop the whole discussion right now, but why should he...instead of doing this, he starts again: “Seriously, you know what I mean? This is shit, I don't want to live like that. Nobody should live like that. It's a shame to try to enforce your thoughts on somebody else. That's mentally ill and fascistic. Tell people from me that they can piss off. Really, tell that to them. "

Probably the pub or the jet lag or the people, that run through the interview while carrying their beer glasses, don't have to do with the whole blaze of anger. Regarding the interview with the American online-magazine Absolute Punk one and a half week later Fallon is referring to these statements again.

“ I think I've just said a few things, which I better shouldn't have said.”, he admits before leading the interview in the same direction one more time. “ I don't know...but I looked up a definition of fascism in a dictionary some time ago and it says when somebody publishes his/her opinion and another person tries to to forbid his/her opinion, that's a point where you've reached fascism. I don't want to stand in connection with such things. That's the point, where I get angry”

Just a few minutes later, after the interview, there's somebody from the label calling and carefully asking what happened – some english workmate told that there was something going on that had to do with facism. They're not trying to censor anything, they are just trying to mediate. The fact that the self-proclaimed atheists Benny Horowitz and Alex Rosamilia are explicitly telling that they are on Fallon's side and even more that Alex Levine has published he's believing in creationism too, doesn't play a role anymore. Do we have a scandal right now? Is something like that necessary? And the oldest of questions: Can you regard an artist's art without judging himself? Can we like Handwritten without digging such a creationist? Let's cautiously say yes. But we are sure that this is not the end of the story...

Last edited by thomas94 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Visions-Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visions-Magazine   Visions-Magazine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Visions-Magazine
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next