DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Handwritten' in stores

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

'Handwritten' in stores Empty
PostSubject: 'Handwritten' in stores   'Handwritten' in stores Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 7:02 pm

I was delighted to see that one of my small town supermarkets (Tesco) had Handwritten amongst its CD selection, given that they usually just carry very mainstream releases (though they did have the last Arcade Fire). Surely this is the Mercury effect, although the other big supermarket (Sainsbury's) didn't have it.

'Handwritten' in stores HWTesco

(Ignore the chart position, which is a made up Tesco chart, which seems to bear no relation to sales.)

The HMV near my London office had Handwritten displayed prominently, both the standard and the deluxe. (I actually bought the standard CD in the store, the first time I have ever bought a TGA release in store.)

Are other people finding this album in places they had never seen a TAG album before (hence a new thread)?

Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' in stores   'Handwritten' in stores Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 7:12 pm

'Handwritten' in stores Secure13

I can't remember if I posted about this in Spam or not, but this kinda blew my mind. I went to the Grimey's in-store meet and greet last Wednesday when they came to Nashville, and they brought the records out specifically for the meet and greet, and they put them away right when the band was finished and people had left. I was livid since I had already pre-ordered the record months ago and didn't feel like getting a second copy, but I think it was the first time Gaslight even saw the records in a store. They were looking at it front to back when the first person in line asked them to sign it. It was only $14.99 too. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' in stores   'Handwritten' in stores Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:10 pm

@steady now: oh so now that YOU see the album in a store, there's a new thread. but when i do, you just move it around to wherever you want to. Evil or Very Mad Frying Pan

i'm going to the mall one of these days, and the record collection there sucks but i'll take a look. after all, i found the copy i now have at a small supermarket i didn't even knew sold music.
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' in stores   'Handwritten' in stores Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:14 pm

I'm still constantly surprised at what music I will find in Hot Topic. Their t-shirts have become crap over the last five years, but it's where I bought my first copy of The '59 Sound. When I went by again a few months back, they had the '45' single, plus a whole bunch of marked down punk records that, in my opinion, utterly rock. It works to my advantage since all the others who seem to have sucky taste miss out on the good records, so I get them for super cheap! cheers
Back to top Go down
CasanovaBaby90
A Contender
A Contender
CasanovaBaby90

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' in stores   'Handwritten' in stores Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 9:43 pm

I'm going to check my HMV tomorrow after work. I'm sure they'll have it, just wonder if it will be displayed with other new releases.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' in stores   'Handwritten' in stores Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 5:27 am

Bea wrote:
@steady now: oh so now that YOU see the album in a store, there's a new thread. but when i do, you just move it around to wherever you want to. Evil or Very Mad Frying Pan

i'm going to the mall one of these days, and the record collection there sucks but i'll take a look. after all, i found the copy i now have at a small supermarket i didn't even knew sold music.

(@Bea: threading or topicing, as we pros call it, is a subtle art requiring years of Admin experience and the ability to discern topical essence. Razz)

Good to see the album available more widely. I do wonder how much of this is Mercury 'pressure', as I do know that publishers pay bookstores to display certain titles more prominently.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' in stores   'Handwritten' in stores Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Handwritten' in stores
Page 1 of 1