DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com

Go down 
+18
tyoac
jzancan
simo
scarsrsouvenirs
saltandburn1967
StitchesOnTheRadio
MikeSig
A_Regular
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Angry Johnny Revue
Christophe
ral
Jerseyrain
jdc
RandyMachoManCabbage
steady now steady now
Harbortown
Bea
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com Empty
PostSubject: 'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com   'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:18 am

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/song-premiere-the-gaslight-anthem-teenage-rebellion-20120723

Song Premiere: The Gaslight Anthem, 'Teenage Rebellion'
Jersey punks go acoustic on heart-twisting new single

Jersey punks the Gaslight Anthem return on July 24th with their new record, Handwritten, out on Mercury. You've already heard the anthemic first single "45," and now you can check out "Teenage Rebellion," a gorgeous acoustic track that finds frontman Brian Fallon warbling, wavering and straining as he sings a simple paean to young lost love: "And if you're gonna break my heart/ It might as well be tonight." It doesn't so much tug at your heart strings as it shreds them to bits, and that's a good thing.

wait... does this mean this is the new US single? scratch
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: 'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com   'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:55 am

I sure hope not because it definitely is not single worthy.

It's probably a mistake on RS's part though because the song isn't even on the regular album.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com   'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 12:01 pm

Bea wrote:
wait... does this mean this is the new US single? scratch

bit weird for an iTunes US and Amazon Euro only bonus track
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
RandyMachoManCabbage
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
RandyMachoManCabbage

PostSubject: Re: 'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com   'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 12:15 pm

Rolling Stone has to be incorrect. No way is this the next single.
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: 'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com   'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 12:16 pm

It doesn't sound like a single and it's not on the album, when practically no one does one-off singles anymore. This would be one of the dumbest things the label could do if it was true, which is why I suspect it is not.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com   'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 12:20 pm

jdc wrote:
It doesn't sound like a single and it's not on the album, when practically no one does one-off singles anymore. This would be one of the dumbest things the label could do if it was true, which is why I suspect it is not.

but why stream the song?; odd way to promote an album the song's not even on
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: 'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com   'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 12:22 pm

As Ive said on the handwritten thread, it sounds more like a Horrible Crowes song. I can see why its not on Handwritten. Overall it does nothing for me, its just ok. I dont know why it says single. It wont be released as a single I can tell you that now. B-side is maybe what thats referring to
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: 'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com   'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 12:25 pm

sounds more like a demo than a finished tune. the piano was a nice touch but I'm not a fan of Brian's vocals on this at all.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: 'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com   'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 12:26 pm

I would like to hear a full band faster version of this song. I wonder whether they recorded one.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: 'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com   'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 2:39 pm

they fixed it. it now says "Jersey punks go acoustic on heart-twisting new track". *sigh of relief*
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: 'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com   'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 3:06 pm

lol Bon Iver lol
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: 'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com   'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 3:15 pm

Wow, this is just plain bad. Let's be honest guys.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: 'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com   'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 3:40 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
I'm inclined to agree.

Last edited by Harbortown on Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: 'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com   'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 3:43 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

At least I can now participate in threads about what's their worst song!
Back to top Go down
MikeSig
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MikeSig

PostSubject: Re: 'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com   'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 3:48 pm

This song could serve as the definition of "overwrought." The best music sounds effortless, as if the band is merely a conduit for some higher truth to reveal itself. This is the opposite of that: it's as if the band is trying to generate a higher truth that just isn't there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/MikeSig
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: 'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com   'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 3:54 pm

MikeSig wrote:
This song could serve as the definition of "overwrought." The best music sounds effortless, as if the band is merely a conduit for some higher truth to reveal itself. This is the opposite of that: it's as if the band is trying to generate a higher truth that just isn't there.

Agreed. And I know this is a backhanded compliment but this song probably wouldn't seem as bad had the songs on Handwritten not been as excellent as they are.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com   'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 6:50 pm

I've only listened once, and I think my opinion will improve but my first reaction is.

"Ahhh what's going on with the vocals, my brain is so confused, I feel overwhelmed."

I barely paid attention to the lyrics because I was trying to process the insanity of everything else going on. I'm going to keep listening to it because HCMM overwhelmed me a bit at first too. I feel like it's too early to call it bad but I wouldn't be surprised if that's ultimately the opinion I go with.

Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: 'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com   'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 6:52 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I've only listened once, and I think my opinion will improve but my first reaction is.

"Ahhh what's going on with the vocals, my brain is so confused, I feel overwhelmed."

I barely paid attention to the lyrics because I was trying to process the insanity of everything else going on. I'm going to keep listening to it because HCMM overwhelmed me a bit at first too. I feel like it's too early to call it bad but I wouldn't be surprised if that's ultimately the opinion I go with.

His voice does seem quite strange in the song but I really like it though. The piano was an awesome addition I think.

Quite a cute new pic you have there Shelby!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com   'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 6:53 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
I'm inclined to agree.

I actually enjoyed that, having first read all these comments. Would love to hear a full band version of this.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: 'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com   'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 7:10 pm

Listening to it again, it's actually a very good song, albeit sadly held back by poor production and a...strange vocal delivery.
Back to top Go down
scarsrsouvenirs
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com   'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 7:16 pm

I guess I'm in the minority right now but, I really like the song. I mean, it sounds nothing like Gaslight Anthem (maybe that's just the way his voice sounds)...and there's even something about it that is different from Horrible Crowes. but I honestly like it.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: 'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com   'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 7:43 pm

Definitely my worst original gaslight song. Theres too much emphasis on the 'die' I think its un-necessarily dramatic. Its still listenable though, i got it off amazon
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: 'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com   'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 7:51 pm

I liked it. I mean, it's not my favorite. Vocal delivery is eh, and production is eh, but I like the lyrics.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com   'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:24 pm

Listened again, this time knowing what to expect with the vocals and now I love it. Definitely not my favorite by them but not even close to my least favorite. I like it a lot.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: 'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com   'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 1:28 am

I like it better than some of the tracks on the album. Just gonna have to make my own version of it with this and Blue Dahlia.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com   'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Teenage Rebellion' stream on RollingStone.com
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next