DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Provinssirock 2012 / Total Guitar

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
elliott4296
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Provinssirock 2012 / Total Guitar Empty
PostSubject: Provinssirock 2012 / Total Guitar   Provinssirock 2012 / Total Guitar Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 12:45 pm

My apologies if this has already been posted but i couldn't find it anywhere. Interview with Alex and Benny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MZopRmEXes

Also in this months Total Guitar magazine there's a great interview with Brian and Alex R with them saying how Ian Perkins is pretty much an official 5th member, abit about handwritten and gear as well. Sorry I couldnt find a link on the internet anywhere but the magazines in shops in the Uk at he moment (dont know if you have it in the US.)
There's also a tab for the 59 sound in there.

Elliott Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Provinssirock 2012 / Total Guitar   Provinssirock 2012 / Total Guitar Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:52 pm

That was a great great interview

Alex mentions how a lot of the album was tracked in a live setting, which is awesome, and definitely noticeable - as in 45 and even Changing of the Guards

Also says how the record is literally "Brian's story", and it being much much more direct and personal, less stories about others.

"Howl" is Benny's pick for a video game song, as it gets you "pumped up". Alex mentions that it is a straight "punk rock" song

And finally Benny mentions that labels have boners for first week sales. Very Happy

And hey, welcome to the site Elliot
Back to top Go down
elliott4296
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Provinssirock 2012 / Total Guitar   Provinssirock 2012 / Total Guitar Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 2:07 pm

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Provinssirock 2012 / Total Guitar   Provinssirock 2012 / Total Guitar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Provinssirock 2012 / Total Guitar
Page 1 of 1