DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

forum complaints & constructive criticisms

Go down 
+39
Holland
Harbortown
swimorsink
Mary Ann
goonerginge
Camus
Daire
pjk
CapedAvenger
bringiton_ty
Debonair
jzancan
Vibes
CluckyB
simo
ral
Shrewsbury_Stars
Bea
StitchesOnTheRadio
njguy99
JJW319
enola
NYYFAN523
Forum Owner
Aregular
Klown
Jerseyrain
DiamondSinatra
JimmyB
TGAforLIFE
NeverTrustAJunkie
IrishNameAndAnInjury
DeathoftheCool
steph
plugga
saltandburn1967
Labhras
A_Regular
steady now steady now
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:04 am

TGAforLIFE wrote:
Dear Steady,

I have become a recent subject of abuse. Labhras seems to have battered me a few times with frying pans (which he learned from Steph)... and recently Plugga is getting on my back because I forgot Ryan Gosling's name. Yeah, I know...

So, anyway...this is more of a request than a complaint, but can I get a personal DSS bodyguard to help protect me?

Your truly,
TGAforLIFE

lol! I love it!
Back to top Go down
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:09 pm

Folks, can we not lock topics up unless there's an annoying dispute or reason to?
Vibes just locked my chant topic up before I had a chance to respond, and I'm sure before other users could input ideas.

But other than that thank you admins for your hard work Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:25 pm

TGAforLIFE wrote:
Labhras wrote:
TGAforLIFE wrote:
Dear Steady,

I have become a recent subject of abuse. Labhras seems to have battered me a few times with frying pans (which he learned from Steph)... and recently Plugga is getting on my back because I forgot Ryan Gosling's name. Yeah, I know...

So, anyway...this is more of a request than a complaint, but can I get a personal DSS bodyguard to help protect me?

Your truly,
TGAforLIFE
i swear to god konrad i am going to find out where you live and teepee the absolute shit out of your house. you have been warned.

Shocked
indeed.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:29 pm

I would like to file a complaint on Labhras.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:32 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:

I wouldn't do that if I were you, Chris. Messing with Laurence is dangerous territory! Shocked
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:33 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

I wouldn't do that if I were you, Chris. Messing with Laurence is dangerous territory! Shocked

I love danger. Nothing like a little excitement in my life.
Back to top Go down
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:34 pm

Guys, can we take this over to "spam"?
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:38 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

I love danger. Nothing like a little excitement in my life.

We'll see if you still think that after Laurence smashes a hundred frying pans over your head!

chaingangchorus wrote:
Guys, can we take this over to "spam"?

Sad Sorry, we're just being silly. Didn't mean to derail this thread that is full of nothing but serious forum issues. Rolling Eyes Just kidding, just kidding! Razz
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 1:23 pm

I think any genuine complaints anyone has to make will just be lost among this thread #spamthreadpart2
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 2:01 pm

chaingangchorus wrote:
Folks, can we not lock topics up unless there's an annoying dispute or reason to?
Vibes just locked my chant topic up before I had a chance to respond, and I'm sure before other users could input ideas.

thanks and fair point; I've unlocked it
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 2:04 pm

Sad Sorry, we're just being silly. Didn't mean to derail this thread that is full of nothing but serious forum issues. Rolling Eyes Just kidding, just kidding! Razz

I'm glad you are all having fun, but that's what some other threads are for, like Spam

turning just about every other thread into another outlet for banter between the top posters/chatters on here actually makes the forum look bad - I mean, who wants to scroll through post after post of irrelevant stuff, when they've come to a thread for TGA - so get a grip on it

(and yes, no smileys here)
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 3:39 pm

steady now steady now wrote:

I'm glad you are all having fun, but that's what some other threads are for, like Spam

turning just about every other thread into another outlet for banter between the top posters/chatters on here actually makes the forum look bad - I mean, who wants to scroll through post after post of irrelevant stuff, when they've come to a thread for TGA - so get a grip on it

(and yes, no smileys here)

Sorry for derailing the thread. Really (no sarcasm this time). I'll keep the banter to spam.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 3:45 pm

Sorry for derailing the thread. Really (no sarcasm this time). I'll keep the banter to spam.

Hug
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 4:54 pm

My apologies Steady.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 6:53 pm

chaingangchorus wrote:

The mods do seem to be rather lock happy
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 6:54 pm

Bluuu wrote:
The mods do seem to be rather lock happy

Honestly, I know I haven't been here long, but I've never had that complaint, granted a few odd ones, but on a whole, I think there's a top notch job been done here, compared to other forums, we do have free roam to talk rubbish and divert from the main discussion.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 6:57 pm

Yeah, I've been to a lot of forums where the mods are almost ridiculously bad at their job (including one where I am the actual mod, and I am the one doing the actual bad job, but that's on purpose), and it seems the staff here are really loose on everyone, only stepping in when necessary. I don't think locking threads is necessary unless in extreme conditions, but right now the mods seem pretty fine.
Back to top Go down
Aregular
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: I woke up this morning and was banned?   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 1:04 pm

Mods, please explain to me the REASON I was banned instead of "lack of netiquette" You know who I am, please tell me before you delete this account too.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 2:15 pm

Aregular wrote:
Mods, please explain to me the REASON I was banned instead of "lack of netiquette" You know who I am, please tell me before you delete this account too.

You were sent a pm, but of course you were not able to access that (bad system), so you will be emailed instead. Please also refer to the post at https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t4361-forum-netiquette-reminder
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 3:33 am

Does the white type on a dark background hurt anyone else's eyes? Or is this just because I am a Senior Citizen?
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 9:07 am

A_Regular wrote:
Just curious, did e7c abandon the site? It was his right?

I started this site, but e7c was the 2nd or so to join from the against me! forum we first met at. I haven't heard from him in a long time. I hope he's well.
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 3:29 am

Technical Concern: I don't like how links are the same font color as normal font. How are people supposed to tell they're links?
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 3:36 am

Matt L wrote:
Technical Concern: I don't like how links are the same font color as normal font. How are people supposed to tell they're links?

Took me a good 5 minutes to find the link of your Mae cover
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 3:39 am

NYYFAN523 wrote:
Matt L wrote:

Took me a good 5 minutes to find the link of your Mae cover

It's just, it's really hard to tell things are links unless you outright say: OKAY GUYS, THE NEXT FEW WORDS ARE A LINK. You can't even color the links differently yourself.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 3:42 am

Matt L wrote:

You could always highlight and underline it. Like this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

forum complaints & constructive criticisms
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next