DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

forum complaints & constructive criticisms

Go down 
+39
Holland
Harbortown
swimorsink
Mary Ann
goonerginge
Camus
Daire
pjk
CapedAvenger
bringiton_ty
Debonair
jzancan
Vibes
CluckyB
simo
ral
Shrewsbury_Stars
Bea
StitchesOnTheRadio
njguy99
JJW319
enola
NYYFAN523
Forum Owner
Aregular
Klown
Jerseyrain
DiamondSinatra
JimmyB
TGAforLIFE
NeverTrustAJunkie
IrishNameAndAnInjury
DeathoftheCool
steph
plugga
saltandburn1967
Labhras
A_Regular
steady now steady now
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
swimorsink
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Debonair banned me the other day for "talking back to him"   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 5:44 pm

Dimestore SS on patrol.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 5:51 pm

No you were banned for being childish and acting out. Such as a topic like this. Ignoring admin requests to move to pm. Re- Adding a signature after being removed multiple times. I gave you many many times to calm down. More than a lot of the admins would have. Take in consideration you've been banned before and I was more than considerate to you.
Back to top Go down
swimorsink
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 5:54 pm

You're power hungry. I've been posting here for 5 years and its never been this bad. I'm deleting this username, please delete my old one too.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 5:57 pm

swimorsink wrote:
You're power hungry.  I've been posting here for 5 years and its never been this bad.  I'm deleting this username, please delete my old one too.

Yea power hungry Rolling Eyes I had no involvement with your first ban. So clearly you've been a problem before. Admins have received complaints about you when you were "bluu" aregular" "a_regular". You can change your name all you want. People have labeled you to us as a problem.
Back to top Go down
swimorsink
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 5:59 pm

Its turned into a gigantic gaslight circle jerk where NOBODY is allowed to share a negative opinion of the band, or your post is deleted.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 6:05 pm

swimorsink wrote:
Its turned into a gigantic gaslight circle jerk where NOBODY is allowed to share a negative opinion of the band, or your post is deleted.

As I've said before to to you that is NOT true. If you come on here posting things like

"Fuck this album this band sucks"

"You all are idiot and should hate TGA"

Etc. we will delete it. You aren't adding to a discussion you are just being overly negative. People come on here and disagree all the time. Here's the difference:

"I think this album is the worst for me. The guitars are not what the were maybe even alittle over produced. The vocals have been becoming weaker and weaker. This isn't what initially drew me to the band"

Post like that are not idol worshiping they are being respectful and contributing to a discussion.
Back to top Go down
swimorsink
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 6:07 pm

None of what you just said applies to anything I've ever posted.
Back to top Go down
swimorsink
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 6:08 pm

My signature was a joke that said "dimestore saints no fun zone"

And you banned me over it.

Back to top Go down
swimorsink
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 6:09 pm

And I said that I thought the new fan club price was a tremendous rip off. And jokingly called the people crying in the brians post thread pussies.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 6:09 pm

Debonair wrote:
you were banned for being childish and acting out
Bullshit.

If you can't handle such a small scale level of criticism you shouldn't be a moderator at all. To post a dissenting opinion (which is what he did) doesn't constitute acting out.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 6:13 pm

swimorsink wrote:
None of what you just said applies to anything I've ever posted.

Your argument was no one can be negative. And Im refuting that claim.

I know for a fact you've been reported by many members for being rude and trolling behavior. When confronted you hide behind a "I was joking" defense. I'm sure you've been told "well make it clear to members you are joking because it just comes off the wrong way"

And yet we still received more complaints. You can blame admins all you want - but we don't single anyone out for no reason what so ever.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 6:16 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Debonair wrote:
you were banned for being childish and acting out
Bullshit.

If you can't handle such a small scale level of criticism you shouldn't be a moderator at all. To post a dissenting opinion (which is what he did) doesn't constitute acting out.

If youre Talking about the post enola moved. Making fun of other members for just showing their support isn't right.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 6:22 pm

tongue 
swimorsink wrote:

And you banned me over it.

That is just acting out. There is no reason to have a signature like that. If you're going to have an attitude like that on the site your on just don't post. Why come here at all?

And when I removed t (multiple times mind you) you would laugh at me and re- add it. You were wrong man. Plain and simple.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 6:55 pm

I also want to add my 2c to this "discussion" here. This goes mainly out to A_Regular / Swimorsink but please Harbortown read and reflect on it as well.

Like Andrew already said there is no problem with being critical. But there is a difference to being negative. And this difference is very much reflected in the way you phrase your posts.

Let me show you what I mean with a few examples from the last days:

Y'all acting like a bunch of pussies on a rock and roll forum
--> that was totally uncalled for. With this message you offended everyone who showed their support to Brian in this thread.

It was a joke about everyone crying up a storm in there. Man, you're the worst.
--> as you were addressing me with being the "worst" I can tell you I felt offended. And your post above was not seen as a joke by anyone.

tshirts are 15 and 7"s are 4. That is not worth it. You're just a deluded fan with rose colored glasses.
--> again not funny but offending or at best labelling someone who had another opinion than you

Dimestore SS on patrol.
--> seriously? I know you are young but SS is not something you joke with

--> what did you want to achieve with that? Provoke the people who actually think it's fun? And when Andrew asks you to change it, offers you to discuss it in PM, why do you ignore all of this?
Can you see that it's hard to communicate with you for us?
And honestly if you don't have fun here, then please leave.

I really have troubles to understand why you even are on this forum. It seems that the only thing you want to do is provoke and cause trouble. I know that sarcasm hardly translates online but if you get told several times that people feel offended by your posts why do you continue that way?

So for me there are 2 options: either you take a deep breath, reflect and read some of your posts again. Try to put yourself in the shoes of the people who read this and don't know you personally and I am sure you will see that we have a point. If you do and are willing to adapt your posting style to a less negative one I'd be happy to see you stay. With whichever username you like.

If you can't do that and continue the way you did so far, then I will vote for a permanent ban.

Please take your time for this decision. We don't want to ban users and we don't do it lightly but sometimes it's for the best. And personally I'd rather see you stay.

Last edited by enola on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 12:46 pm

Holland wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
Holland wrote:
We need a new thread entitled 'unnecessary blabber' i think.
I thought that was Spam

Well yes but sometimes I don't think Spam is enough on its own to contain all of the nonsense written on here. Sometimes I forget it was started to talk about a band that we all like and share music and experiences.
I've always felt that communities and togetherness thrive when not restrained by over the top orderly moderation. How much fun is a forum when there's no room to goof around, really..?
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 2:59 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Holland wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
Holland wrote:
We need a new thread entitled 'unnecessary blabber' i think.
I thought that was Spam

Well yes but sometimes I don't think Spam is enough on its own to contain all of the nonsense written on here. Sometimes I forget it was started to talk about a band that we all like and share music and experiences.
I've always felt that communities and togetherness thrive when not restrained by over the top orderly moderation. How much fun is a forum when there's no room to goof around, really..?

That aint not no fun at all.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 5:53 pm

Harbortown wrote:

Good to see that you took the time to read my post in here. Not!
There is a lot of goofing around here, not only in Spam. But as Holland stated some posts go too far and are not fun anymore. And that's when we step in. Take it or leave it!

It's your decision to post here so stop complaining. And if you don't like it here, please leave.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 5:08 pm

I'm going to move all off topic posts in this thread to spam. Please only post here if you have constructive critique, a specific complaint or something you want to tell the Admins. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 9:50 am

really mods?

I notice that Brian's no longer wearing his wedding ring anymore which married people obviously do not do, his latest song releases are unusually dark, and you think speculating whether he may have divorced is crossing the line so you delete a post...

Glad to see you guys don't take yourselves a bit too seriously in your quest to defend Brian at all costs.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 10:41 am

I didn't delete your post and don't know what you've written exactly but we asked already a few times only to stick to facts or refer to official announcements when it comes to the private lives of anyone in the band. If they decide to share parts of their private lives please feel free to discuss it. If not please respect their privacy. Thank you.

Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 11:04 am

I think you guys are all doing an absolutely amazing job. The site always looks amazing, and the Q&A with Brian is amazing.

Great work!
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 6:32 pm

Kropotkin wrote:
I think you guys are all doing an absolutely amazing job.  The site always looks amazing, and the Q&A with Brian is amazing.  

Great work!

Admins say 'thank you very much'  king queen king 
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 7:25 am

Smile
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender
shiftynj

PostSubject: password reset   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 3:14 pm

I don't know if it's a complaint so much as a cry for help. I have to reset my password pretty much every time I visit the site. Not because I don't know what it is; I hit "submit" and it just returns to the forum and the "LOG IN" button like I did nothing. If I use a different password it says "incorrect password" so I know it is seeing what I input, but it doesn't go anywhere unless I use the "forgot password" button and reset it.

I thought it was a browser/cookie problem but it follows me from Firefox to Safari to Chrome. Anybody else struggle with this? How did you fix it?
Back to top Go down
http://vergeofjordan.blogspot.com
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 3:54 pm

I had this problem a while ago, and it turned out I’d switched to a private tab by mistake. Worth a look!

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: forum complaints & constructive criticisms   forum complaints & constructive criticisms - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

forum complaints & constructive criticisms
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next