DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who deleted the Brian Fallon Is Gay thread?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

Who deleted the Brian Fallon Is Gay thread? Empty
PostSubject: Who deleted the Brian Fallon Is Gay thread?   Who deleted the Brian Fallon Is Gay thread? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 3:34 pm

WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO HIDE
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Who deleted the Brian Fallon Is Gay thread? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who deleted the Brian Fallon Is Gay thread?   Who deleted the Brian Fallon Is Gay thread? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 3:50 pm

Bluuu wrote:
WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO HIDE

The article to which the thread linked had been discussed before and that thread was deleted by consensus as it was considered offensive. Now it has resurfaced and this time the thread deteriorated into adult humour. There were calls for another deletion and I acted on it, as we are trying to run a forum which is supportive of the band and also reasonably clean. There is always the Facebook group 'Andy Diamond's Church Street Choir' where anything goes.

I am also locking this thread.

Thanks for understanding.

Edit: Someone has since sent me a pm to say:

Quote :
I'm not being funny but the deletion of that thread is ridiculous, it seems as though if anything slightly off about the band is posted it gets swept under the carpet for fear of offending someone. Pathetic.

to which I replied:

When other members complain, then as Admins we need to make choices. Those choices take a lot of issues into account, incl. the feelings of and impact on other readers and this forum's informal relationship with the band and its management. I am sorry of you're not happy with the decision, but there it is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org

Who deleted the Brian Fallon Is Gay thread?
Page 1 of 1