DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Making of Handwritten Video

Go down 
+32
brianisbae
stephendgaf
StopAndSlideToTheRight
steady now steady now
NoSurrender
Jerseyrain
Christophe
enola
eagles1139
Harbortown
Vibes
Breanne
StitchesOnTheRadio
backseat99
rumham
simo
Jack
NYYFAN523
saltandburn1967
steph
EveryLittleSecret
riversedge
Klown
BuddyHolly
Debonair
Holland
RobertODonnell
Gaslight23
TGAforLIFE
The Angry Johnny Revue
DeathoftheCool
st-rebel
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

Making of Handwritten Video - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 6:31 am

Handwritten sounds amazing and I got goosebumps with that clip of Here Comes My Man! Only 5 and a half weeks now Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 6:54 pm

Im having trouble viewing using my facebook login. It keeps telling me to re-enter the passwords Sad
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 7:21 am

Ive now managed to watch the video. Handwritten sounds like a good song. But to second Holland's comment Brian is focusing far too much on the fact he wrote the lyrics by hand. I do the same with songs I write its no big deal.

The new songs sound awesome but Im still not a fan of the album title. Handwritten is far too boring and uninteresting. It sounds like the title of a Damien Rice (acoustic) record rather than a punk rock one. I'm not overly keen on the album artwork either. I find that a little boring.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
NoSurrender
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
NoSurrender

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 10:00 am

Jerseyrain wrote:
Im having trouble viewing using my facebook login. It keeps telling me to re-enter the passwords Sad

im having trouble too, has anyone seen it not through facebook? and if so can someone post/pm a link? i so wanna see it!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 11:46 am

enola wrote:
A replica of the notebook would be very interesting...

25th anniversary box set edition Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 2:37 pm

My expectations for the album have just been multiplied by shitloads cheers
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 2:49 pm

handwritten and too much blood sound so good.
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 6:55 pm

This quote really stood out to me so I thought I'd make this and share. I need to stop watching it, haha o_o

Making of Handwritten Video - Page 3 T66QK
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 9:42 pm

^I really like that quote. As an aspiring writer, I definitely get what Brian's talking about. And how he says that every word is handwritten, he's working with his hands, that made me think of "Just trying to find a better life for me and my own, just some rest for these tired working fingers." It gives a different feel to those lyrics. Smile
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:23 pm

I like that quote as well.
Back to top Go down
A lazy old tomcat
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
A lazy old tomcat

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 7:51 pm

Haven't seen this posted yet; here's the video for those without Facebook:
http://rockandrollmojo.blogspot.ie/2012/06/making-of-handwritten.html
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 8:16 pm

A lazy old tomcat wrote:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS! I actually follow this blog but hadn't seen the post yet.

My ears are exploding right now. Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh!!! This album is going to be epic. EPIC! I have to admit, when Too Much Blood started playing at the end, I got a little teary eyed. I already saw the lyrics, but to hear Brian singing them, the emotion and everything, wow. Just wow!
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 8:23 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
A lazy old tomcat wrote:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS! I actually follow this blog but hadn't seen the post yet.

My ears are exploding right now. Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh!!! This album is going to be epic. EPIC! I have to admit, when Too Much Blood started playing at the end, I got a little teary eyed. I already saw the lyrics, but to hear Brian singing them, the emotion and everything, wow. Just wow!

Isn't the chorus in Handwritten just........epic?
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 8:30 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
A lazy old tomcat wrote:

It's PERFECTION! This album is going to kill me. IT'S GOING TO KILL ME! Too Much Blood is the song that's going to make me cry, like Bring It On did when AS came out. That song still makes me cry sometimes. Now I'm going to obsessively watch this video for the next four weeks and six days until the album comes out. Embarassed geek
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 8:32 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
A lazy old tomcat wrote:

It's PERFECTION! This album is going to kill me. IT'S GOING TO KILL ME! Too Much Blood is the song that's going to make me cry, like Bring It On did when AS came out. That song still makes me cry sometimes. Now I'm going to obsessively watch this video for the next four weeks and six days until the album comes out. Embarassed geek

I loved when Too Much Blood came on in the video. I thought it was a perfect way to end the video. The part that is playing as the video ends is probably my favorite part of that song. I can't wait to hear the rest of us. You can hear a 90s vibe throughout that song sooooo frickin much!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 8:42 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
A lazy old tomcat wrote:

I loved when Too Much Blood came on in the video. I thought it was a perfect way to end the video. The part that is playing as the video ends is probably my favorite part of that song. I can't wait to hear the rest of us. You can hear a 90s vibe throughout that song sooooo frickin much!

I know! It does have a cool 90s vibe to it. Very Happy And the last part they played is my favorite too...so far. Those lyrics are so incredible. I don't know how Brian does it. He writes these songs that so much of us can relate to, and they all seem so personal, it's like he understands more about people than anyone should. That probably sounds crazy and maybe it is, but I think Brian just gets it. I'm rambling, I know, but jeez, Too Much Blood is phenomenal! cheers
Back to top Go down
CasanovaBaby90
A Contender
A Contender
CasanovaBaby90

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:07 pm

Just reading these last few posts have made me even more excited for July 24. (is that even possible?)

I watched the video once and I remember liking what I heard - a lot. (Forgot what it sounds like now though Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:11 pm

CasanovaBaby90 wrote:
Just reading these last few posts have made me even more excited for July 24. (is that even possible?)

I watched the video once and I remember liking what I heard - a lot. (Forgot what it sounds like now though Very Happy)

Listen to it again! I didn't think I could get more excited either, but now I'm ready to spontaneously combust. Razz
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:22 pm

"I AM NO ANGELLL BUT I GOT NOTHING TO HIDE"

^ the way Brian sings that, it's already up there with my favorite lines

Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:38 pm

eagles1139 wrote:

agreed the way his voice is just gravel it's amazing
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:50 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:

agreed the way his voice is just gravel it's amazing

Yes!
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:10 pm

Anyone else hear the 59 sound riff (around 1:23) in handwritten or is it just me Razz
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:19 pm

Debonair wrote:
Anyone else hear the 59 sound riff (around 1:23) in handwritten or is it just me Razz

yeah there are like three notes that sound like it but it's definitely a different thing. me gusta cherry
Back to top Go down
CasanovaBaby90
A Contender
A Contender
CasanovaBaby90

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:20 am

CasanovaBaby90 wrote:

Listen to it again! I didn't think I could get more excited either, but now I'm ready to spontaneously combust. Razz

I told myself I would wait until I get the full thing! We'll see! Razz
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:58 am

CasanovaBaby90 wrote:
CasanovaBaby90 wrote:

I told myself I would wait until I get the full thing! We'll see! Razz

Haha, you have more self control than I do! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making of Handwritten Video
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next