DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Making of Handwritten Video

Go down 
+32
brianisbae
stephendgaf
StopAndSlideToTheRight
steady now steady now
NoSurrender
Jerseyrain
Christophe
enola
eagles1139
Harbortown
Vibes
Breanne
StitchesOnTheRadio
backseat99
rumham
simo
Jack
NYYFAN523
saltandburn1967
steph
EveryLittleSecret
riversedge
Klown
BuddyHolly
Debonair
Holland
RobertODonnell
Gaslight23
TGAforLIFE
The Angry Johnny Revue
DeathoftheCool
st-rebel
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

Making of Handwritten Video - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:23 am

I loved White Crosses. Because of the Shame and Bamboo Bones are some of my favorite Against Me! songs. I can see why people would have problems with that album but I thought it was fantastic.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:35 am

I haven't listened to the preview, but I like White Crosses. I don't like the production however. There are some incredible songs there but I think they are held back.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:36 am

saltandburn1967 wrote:
I loved White Crosses. Because of the Shame and Bamboo Bones are some of my favorite Against Me! songs. I can see why people would have problems with that album but I thought it was fantastic.

Those are literally my two favorite songs from White Crosses. We should be friends haha.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:38 am

JohnnyC wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

Those are literally my two favorite songs from White Crosses. We should be friends haha.

Haha, anyone with great musical taste is a friend of mine!
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 7:54 am

really cant get a feel for the songs from this preview so this video is more about how Brian talks about the songwriting process, which is so accurate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 9:31 am

Damn, can't get it to work at all. Fuuuuuuck.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 11:39 am

sorry about turning up the volume and mouse icon at the beginning, had to use a screen recorder.

Well that didn't take long for it to be taken down.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:20 pm

chanter wrote:

sorry about turning up the volume and mouse icon at the beginning, had to use a screen recorder.

Well that didn't take long for it to be taken down.

I already said no ripps!

They are just going to get removed for copyright infringement anyway.
Back to top Go down
backseat99
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
backseat99

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Thank for so much for posting the link to the German website. Bit of a hassle signing up, but managed to translate the German into English in the end and sign up using fb account. Seriously this has made my week. I love how towards the end of the video, there is talk about wanting their music to be like Bill and Teds. Imagine a world like that.... Bring it on!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:41 pm

Klown wrote:
I've got this ripped...is it ok to upload it? If not...can a mod say, saying that people are having difficulties watching it.

What did you use to rip it? I'm trying to do the same because I don't have internet at home right now and I want to still be able to watch it.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:51 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Klown wrote:
I've got this ripped...is it ok to upload it? If not...can a mod say, saying that people are having difficulties watching it.

What did you use to rip it? I'm trying to do the same because I don't have internet at home right now and I want to still be able to watch it.

replay media catcher 4
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 4:00 pm

i couldn't even get passed the sign in page Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xripped_kneesx
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 6:16 pm

Handwritten just gave me chills. I need this album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 6:25 pm

Holland wrote:
One of the best videos so far. Better than the American Slang making of series. I don't know why Brian is focusing so much on the 'Handwritten-ness' of it all though. Maybe he will do etchings on a cave wall for the next album.
Hahahahah

But yeah I agree with you. I've been writing lyrics on paper since I was thirteen, despite being part of the internet generation, and I don't really think of it as that special.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 6:46 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Holland wrote:
One of the best videos so far. Better than the American Slang making of series. I don't know why Brian is focusing so much on the 'Handwritten-ness' of it all though. Maybe he will do etchings on a cave wall for the next album.
Hahahahah

But yeah I agree with you. I've been writing lyrics on paper since I was thirteen, despite being part of the internet generation, and I don't really think of it as that special.

i cant stop listening to the harbortown song harbortown
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 6:57 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
Holland wrote:
Hahahahah

For real?
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 7:12 pm

Harbortown wrote:
DeathoftheCool wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
Holland wrote:
Hahahahah

For real?

yes sir. it's quite a lovely song
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 7:16 pm

Harbortown is a fucking amazing song. Harbortown is a fucking amazing singer.

(I love that you're like Black Sabbath in that you have a self-titled song)

And no, I'm not exaggerating or joking. Every aspect of that recording (song, voice, guitar, etc.) is just sweet, sweet aural pleasure.

EDIT: Also, back to the topic at hand, I'm on my fourth notebook (just for songs) since the start of 2010...I do love writing on paper and I can't imagine writing on a computer all the time.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 7:19 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Holland wrote:
Hahahahah

Exactly, me too. I have only recently started writing on my phone as I got bored on one of my many train journeys.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 7:37 pm

You guys humble me. I pretty much hate the song, hah.

Quote :
Exactly, me too. I have only recently started writing on my phone as I got bored on one of my many train journeys.
Same. I do take notes on my phone if I think of a lyric or chord progression or something.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 7:41 pm

This is kinda different but I write stories (working on a novel now) and for a long time I struggled - I would look back at what I typed and realized how little of it sounded good. But a little while ago I started handwriting and found my writing a lot better - each sentence is thought about rather than just having an idea and typing away. Slower but it just feels right.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 7:43 pm

I'm starting to think, that the notebook in the deluxe UK version, is a replica of Brian's notebook from these sessions...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 8:14 pm

Klown wrote:
I'm starting to think, that the notebook in the deluxe UK version, is a replica of Brian's notebook from these sessions...

I hope so. Dave Hause released his notebook for Resolutions, it was pretty interesting.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 8:50 pm

Harbortown wrote:
You guys humble me. I pretty much hate the song, hah.

Quote :
Same. I do take notes on my phone if I think of a lyric or chord progression or something.

Yeah, I'll do the same if I don't have a pocket notebook on me. I also wrote tons of lyrics on the train ride to a Hot Water Music show and I had to put that in my phone. But generally speaking, pen and pad is the only way to go (at least for me).
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 2:21 am

Handwritten is an amazing song. It has definitely the potential to be my fav song of the album. OM.g Yi cannot wait to have the album in my hands. In each and every version they decide to release it. A replica of the notebook would be very interesting...
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making of Handwritten Video   Making of Handwritten Video - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making of Handwritten Video
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next