DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?

Go down 
+69
Matilda Noir
A_Regular
Yozzy
gking92
punkrox889
sonsofregret
megan125
JJW319
drifter69
enola
Chappers
Keeb631
mrlisc2
OldManShoes3
CASANOVA, BILLY!
eagles1139
CapedAvenger
StopAndSlideToTheRight
redheadchick
Whiskey1
gaslightfan89
stephendgaf
RaquelWaltz
bringiton_ty
honestwithme
steph
telemark
sadly_ecstatic
YouCanCallMeSally
saltandburn1967
moosicmaniac
TGAforLIFE
rgillies
Noa
riversedge
ThisMachineKillsFascists
YNWA182
LaGuitarLady
TheContender
Danieljsmith
The Angry Johnny Revue
White Man In Hammersmith
Reinvent good times
Steve70s
SirPaco
NeverTrustAJunkie
acousticbandit
njguy99
Ghost
'49mercury
Jerseyrain
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
Jack
StitchesOnTheRadio
azlisa
bakerfall
simo
Casey
Shrewsbury_Stars
Harbortown
marcsnitz
nebraska
CluckyB
JimmyB
colmillionaire
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Camus
Daire
Christophe
73 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 6:18 pm

The Navesink Banks? Oh, my stars...*waves fan*
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 9:10 pm

I swear this thread is going to be the death of us all.
Back to top Go down
gaslightfan89
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 3:28 am

Even Cowgirls Get the Blues has always been a skip for me on the 59 Sound don't get me wrong I can listen to the song but its just one that doesn't click with me. Also We did it when we were young only works for me when I am depressed about something, most of the time it just doesn't click with me.

And people should go into this thread commenting on how could someone not like certain songs. Its a thread about your least favorite song of course people are going to list something. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Whiskey1
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 10:29 pm

Red in the Morning is a weaker than some of the rest. For me, 'Sink or Swim' should have finished at the end of 'We're getting...'. It's the perfect closing song for that album. Then a random acoustic song comes on instead, almost like they just banged it on the end.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 6:40 am

Whiskey1 wrote:
Red in the Morning is a weaker than some of the rest. For me, 'Sink or Swim' should have finished at the end of 'We're getting...'. It's the perfect closing song for that album. Then a random acoustic song comes on instead, almost like they just banged it on the end.
While I really like that song, I agree that We're getting a divorce would be a perfect closer.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 2:49 pm

I like the way Sink Or Swim ends. You get all the awesomeness that is Divorce (obviously the singalong at the end helps matters greatly) and then you're like "damn, album's over...that was awesome". And instead another song starts and the album goes out with a whisper rather than a bang. I get why other people wouldn't like it, but personally I think it's great.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 3:22 pm

Agreed. While Divorce would have been a great closer, red in the morning is a great end to a great album.

Did I say great? Great.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 4:10 pm

White Man In Hammersmith wrote:
Agreed. While Divorce would have been a great closer, red in the morning is a great end to a great album.

Did I say great? Great.

Red At Night you mean. Cardinal sin to confuse these two songs geek
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 4:16 pm

Christophe wrote:

Did I say great? Great.

Aahhh, you beat me to it, Christophe! I was just going to say that exact same thing! Razz
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 4:18 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Christophe wrote:

Did I say great? Great.

Aahhh, you beat me to it, Christophe! I was just going to say that exact same thing! Razz

Haha I couldn't not say anything I love Red At Night but Red In The Morning is the only Gaslight song I don't really like.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 4:21 pm

Christophe wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Christophe wrote:

Did I say great? Great.

Haha I couldn't not say anything I love Red At Night but Red In The Morning is the only Gaslight song I don't really like.

SAME HERE! High Five Red In The Morning is the only one I skip.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 4:23 pm

High Five Great minds...
Back to top Go down
redheadchick
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 4:45 pm

MattL wrote:
I swear this thread is going to be the death of us all.

I was just thinking that! We are all passionate about gaslight, that's for sure.

I am training for a long distance walk and SOS is my go-to record. Particularly Wooderson, Angry Johnny, 1930, Red in the morning and Drive.
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 5:09 pm

Drive by a long long way!
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 6:16 pm

Christophe wrote:

Did I say great? Great.

My bad haha it's been a long day geek
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 4:07 pm

We Did It When We Were Young. Good, but not up to their usual standard. It's a nice enough closer for the album though.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 4:12 pm

I guess Red in the Morning is my least favorite song as a whole.

One thing I will say, I really love High Lonesome but something about it irks me. I have no problem with Brian throwing in references to other artists, but something about a Counting Crows line being used in the chorus feels weird. Like "Maria came from Nashville with a suit case in her hand" sounds so great especially how he flips the Elvis line after that, but sometimes it kinda bums me out that it is not an original Gaslight line that I'm singing along to.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 4:54 pm

eagles1139 wrote:

One thing I will say, I really love High Lonesome but something about it irks me. I have no problem with Brian throwing in references to other artists, but something about a Counting Crows line being used in the chorus feels weird. Like "Maria came from Nashville with a suit case in her hand" sounds so great especially how he flips the Elvis line after that, but sometimes it kinda bums me out that it is not an original Gaslight line that I'm singing along to.

I totally getcha. I love the references because they're fun & Brian does it so well. But sometimes its frustrating because you want it to be an original Gaslight line. I thhink I mind more when I don't know its a reference because then when I find out I feel cheated. I get more irritated though when I didn't know a song was a cover. That happened with "Joey" on Elsie. Now I'm paranoid about every line, haha.
Back to top Go down
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
A Contender
A Contender
sandyangryjohnnyormary?

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:15 pm

eagles1139 wrote:

That's nowhere near my least favorite song, but that's the one reference from the '59 Sound that sort of irks me. Dropping a a line from Dylan or Bruce into a verse was a great touch, but picking a lyric from a recent and still relevant band for a payoff chorus line just came off a little cheaper. I lose all qualms and objectivity though when the song is blasting through my car stereo on a warm summer night. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CASANOVA, BILLY!
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
CASANOVA, BILLY!

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:27 pm

So I looked at my least played TGA songs on ITunes (I figured they were the ones I skip the most or just dont play) and it was The 59 Sound, Great Expectations, The Backseat, Stay Lucky, Black Betty and the Moon, I Witnessed a Crime and with only 9 plays is American Slang which so I'm gunna say that is my least favorite song
Back to top Go down
OldManShoes3
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
OldManShoes3

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 12:00 am

eagles1139 wrote:

Definitely agree with you on Red In The Morning, the only I time I ever listen to it is when I'm playing Sink or Swim and I want to listen to the whole album. Something about it is just off, can't really describe it.

And I agree about High Lonesome, even though Red At Night bothers me a lot more as far as taking from other artists. I instantly liked it a lot less when I found it's basically the same as a Woody Guthrie song with different lyrics.
Back to top Go down
mrlisc2
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mrlisc2

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 3:22 am

Never really liked Boxer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 11:54 am

CASANOVA, BILLY! wrote:
So I looked at my least played TGA songs on ITunes (I figured they were the ones I skip the most or just dont play) and it was The 59 Sound, Great Expectations, The Backseat, Stay Lucky, Black Betty and the Moon, I Witnessed a Crime and with only 9 plays is American Slang which so I'm gunna say that is my least favorite song

This isn't about your post, but instead your signature. When did Brian say that?

Because that's the coolest thing I think he's ever said.
Back to top Go down
Keeb631
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Keeb631

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 10:46 pm

I wouldn't say they are my least favorite, but I tend to skip the same few songs when biking and listening to TGA. With that said: The Blues, Mary. Were Getting a Divorce, and Boomboxes and Dictionaries
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ItsCoreyBrah
Chappers
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Chappers

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 6:02 am

2 and a half hours have passed since I first saw this thread and I'm really struggling to find a song.....everytime I think of one I go and listen to it and change my mind. This thread will be the death of me scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?   LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LEAST Favorite Gaslight Anthem Song?
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next