DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Summer Plans?

Go down 
+5
Harbortown
ThisMachineKillsFascists
plugga
bringiton
Casey
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Casey
A Contender
A Contender
Casey

Summer Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Summer Plans?   Summer Plans? Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 3:45 pm

My summer is looking absolutely awful, but I'm interested to hear about what you guys have planned!

For me, I'm taking 2 courses at university so I can get my degree this summer. And then the LSAT (standardized exam for law school) in November so lots and lots of studying for that. Probably the worst, most busy summer of my life. Thank God for Handwritten!

What are you guys up to?
Back to top Go down

Summer Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans?   Summer Plans? Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 3:53 pm

well I graduate from College at the end of this month.

so I'm gonna try to do lots of stupid fun stuff over summer and look for a job.
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

Summer Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans?   Summer Plans? Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 4:32 pm

After I get my (hopefully) last ever exams out the way and finish school for good on June 14th I really have nothing planned. I might be starting work early July so I'll have about two weeks off in total, where I'll probably just go to working at my part time job full time.

I wanna do some day trips and stuff round Europe though, maybe Amsterdam/Brussels/Paris and a trip to London. I've got Leeds festival booked and I'll probably do a family holiday, so it's not looking too bad right now.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Summer Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans?   Summer Plans? Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 4:39 pm

Milan-London(again, yeah, embarassing)-Berlin, maybe i'll travel a bit around Italy!
I still don't know if I am moving or not hmmm
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

Summer Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans?   Summer Plans? Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 4:50 pm

Going to work full time at the hospital for the fourth summer in a row. Not so stoked about this, but I need the money. Going to see Dropkick Murphys in June, PJ and The Boss(twice same week as Handwritten gets released, guess I won't get much done that week) in July. Maybe I'll visit the most Northern parts of Sweden for the first time and do some hiking.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Summer Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans?   Summer Plans? Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 4:56 pm

Hey Olof, no West Coast Riot this year?
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Summer Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans?   Summer Plans? Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 5:00 pm

Working and working. Reading some new books, taking a roadtrip or two with a friend. Band practice, maybe playing a show or two with said band.
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

Summer Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans?   Summer Plans? Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 5:01 pm

Harbortown wrote:

Probably not, I'm afraid. Won't be in Gothenburg until the 27th. Would love to see Rancid and Against Me! though. Are you going?
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Summer Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans?   Summer Plans? Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 5:15 pm

ThisMachineKillsFascists wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Probably not, I'm afraid. Won't be in Gothenburg until the 27th. Would love to see Rancid and Against Me! though. Are you going?
Hell yeah, going with a friend because of Rancid, but Against Me! is gonna be a blast as well. Not to mention Asta Kask.
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

Summer Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans?   Summer Plans? Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 6:26 pm

Harbortown wrote:
ThisMachineKillsFascists wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Hell yeah, going with a friend because of Rancid, but Against Me! is gonna be a blast as well. Not to mention Asta Kask.

Sweet! I guess there's a minimal chance that I'll be there. But I'm not counting on it since we've already booked our hotel and train tickets for the weekend. Haven't listened much to Asta Kask, will have to ceck 'em out!

Last edited by ThisMachineKillsFascists on Sun May 13, 2012 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Summer Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans?   Summer Plans? Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 6:59 pm

taking a class to catch up on college credits, doing some sports writing, maybe going to a few concerts in the area.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Summer Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans?   Summer Plans? Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 7:16 pm

Seeing my friends in Oregon and Washington sometime in July. Besides that I'm taking classes, working, and hopefully getting some beach and beer time on the weekends.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
Casey
A Contender
A Contender
Casey

Summer Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans?   Summer Plans? Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 8:54 pm

redskynight wrote:
taking a class to catch up on college credits, doing some sports writing, maybe going to a few concerts in the area.

Sounds similar to my summer. What sports are you writing on? I've been working on a hockey website, hopefully have it finished before summer ends Very Happy
Back to top Go down
megan125
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
megan125

Summer Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans?   Summer Plans? Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 10:29 pm

Just graduated from college too! I think this week will be the best of them all this summer. I'll be seeing Gaslight twice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

Summer Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans?   Summer Plans? Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 11:36 pm

Casey wrote:
redskynight wrote:

Sounds similar to my summer. What sports are you writing on? I've been working on a hockey website, hopefully have it finished before summer ends Very Happy

Nice what's the site?! Huge Sharks fan here, our teams were AWFUL this year!
Back to top Go down

Summer Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans?   Summer Plans? Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 12:39 am

Casey wrote:
redskynight wrote:

i write about baseball for aerys sports. trying to expand a bit and i'm covering college basketball next season. and wooo hockey! not really my area of expertise, but i do love reading about and watching it. Very Happy

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
Casey wrote:
redskynight wrote:

Nice what's the site?! Huge Sharks fan here, our teams were AWFUL this year!

oh, sharks. /sigh
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Summer Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans?   Summer Plans? Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 12:41 am

Hey McKenzie, what's your team?
Back to top Go down

Summer Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans?   Summer Plans? Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 12:50 am

baseball? san francisco giants. the sharks are my hockey team.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Summer Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans?   Summer Plans? Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 12:53 am

Oh, good!

I took your sigh for a distaste for the Sharks. All is well.
Back to top Go down

Summer Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans?   Summer Plans? Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 12:54 am

hahah, noooo. my sigh was more of a sigh of defeat because of how their season went. they're still my team regardless.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Summer Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans?   Summer Plans? Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 12:57 am

I know that feel, brosephine. We had some great victories but then the whole ship plummeted. I'm beyond having expectations right now, but I do love the team.
Back to top Go down

Summer Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans?   Summer Plans? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 9:03 pm

I'm doing a roadtrip in Norway, hoping get as far up as Tromso.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Summer Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans?   Summer Plans? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Summer Plans?
Page 1 of 1