DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

guitar dudes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

guitar dudes Empty
PostSubject: guitar dudes   guitar dudes Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 12:11 am

anyone know anything about davison guitars? i'm just now thinking of getting into playing and i saw their SG looking guitar for pretty cheap and was wondering if its any good? if it helps i'm really looking more into playing heavier stuff like doom and things like that. thanks.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

guitar dudes Empty
PostSubject: Re: guitar dudes   guitar dudes Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 1:32 am

I don't know about Davison guitars, but I have an Epiphone SG 400 (Note: Not Special) and it's great. Also they're really cheap, between 300-400 bucks for a guitar that good ain't bad.
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

guitar dudes Empty
PostSubject: Re: guitar dudes   guitar dudes Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 4:23 am

cant fault my squier affinity telecaster
Back to top Go down
fatbench
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

guitar dudes Empty
PostSubject: Re: guitar dudes   guitar dudes Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:15 am

If you are just starting to play, what guitar you get does not matter much at all. Just make sure it can hold a tune, and has good action (amount of space between the strings and the frets, too much will make it hard to fret notes, especially barre chords, and especially when you are first starting to play). Having said that, my advice to you as someone learning guitar, make it ACCESSIBLE. Make it easy to pick up your guitar and play. I keep my amp and strat and my pedals upstairs out of the way, and play it occasionally. However, I always keep an acoustic next to my couch in my living room, so it could not be easier for me to just pick it up and start playing. If I sit down to watch tv, I grab my guitar and start strumming during commercials. I suggest you keep your guitar in whatever room in your house you spend the most time, and pick it up for at least 5-10 minutes every time you are in that room. Good luck, the payoff once you start learning a few chords and scales is well worth the time you must put in to get there.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

guitar dudes Empty
PostSubject: Re: guitar dudes   guitar dudes Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 1:05 pm

fatbench wrote:
Having said that, my advice to you as someone learning guitar, make it ACCESSIBLE. Make it easy to pick up your guitar and play. I keep my amp and strat and my pedals upstairs out of the way, and play it occasionally. However, I always keep an acoustic next to my couch in my living room, so it could not be easier for me to just pick it up and start playing. If I sit down to watch tv, I grab my guitar and start strumming during commercials. I suggest you keep your guitar in whatever room in your house you spend the most time, and pick it up for at least 5-10 minutes every time you are in that room. Good luck, the payoff once you start learning a few chords and scales is well worth the time you must put in to get there.
This is excellent advice. Most of my guitar playing skills come from having done this for years and years.
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

guitar dudes Empty
PostSubject: Re: guitar dudes   guitar dudes Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 2:03 pm

Harbortown wrote:
fatbench wrote:
Having said that, my advice to you as someone learning guitar, make it ACCESSIBLE. Make it easy to pick up your guitar and play. I keep my amp and strat and my pedals upstairs out of the way, and play it occasionally. However, I always keep an acoustic next to my couch in my living room, so it could not be easier for me to just pick it up and start playing. If I sit down to watch tv, I grab my guitar and start strumming during commercials. I suggest you keep your guitar in whatever room in your house you spend the most time, and pick it up for at least 5-10 minutes every time you are in that room. Good luck, the payoff once you start learning a few chords and scales is well worth the time you must put in to get there.
This is excellent advice. Most of my guitar playing skills come from having done this for years and years.

I do this too - but I work from home so technically I get paid to jam with myself!
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

guitar dudes Empty
PostSubject: Re: guitar dudes   guitar dudes Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 9:53 pm

thanks for the replies, guys. much appreciated. i was thinking of getting the epiphone sg. i think i may.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

guitar dudes Empty
PostSubject: Re: guitar dudes   guitar dudes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

guitar dudes
Page 1 of 1