DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Now that we have a release date...

Go down 
+9
built2last25
AmSlang59
Pridevsprose
Debonair
eagles1139
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Christophe
Vibes
njguy99
13 posters
AuthorMessage
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

Now that we have a release date... Empty
PostSubject: Now that we have a release date...   Now that we have a release date... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 9:54 pm

...at least a presumed one....

Does TGA do a quick US tour between July 23 and August 18? Or is that time set aside for doing media?

Most importantly, do they do an Asbury show the weekend before or after the record drops?
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Now that we have a release date...   Now that we have a release date... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 9:57 pm

My guess is that the Asbury show is the record release show? Or are they too big for that?
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Now that we have a release date...   Now that we have a release date... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 10:00 pm

Vibes wrote:
My guess is that the Asbury show is the record release show? Or are they too big for that?

I would think so too. Perhaps they spend the end of June into mid-July doing media, building up anticipation for the release. It would make sense (since generally you make a big push just before the release, not afterwards...).

July 23 is a Monday, though. Would they do a Monday night show? Sunday night? The weekend after?
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Now that we have a release date...   Now that we have a release date... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 10:00 pm

The only issue I have is that if July 23rd is the official release date we are going to know a few songs well in advance of the record coming out as they will be playing new songs from their mid-May show onwards.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Now that we have a release date...   Now that we have a release date... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 10:07 pm

njguy99 wrote:
Vibes wrote:

I would think so too. Perhaps they spend the end of June into mid-July doing media, building up anticipation for the release. It would make sense (since generally you make a big push just before the release, not afterwards...).

July 23 is a Monday, though. Would they do a Monday night show? Sunday night? The weekend after?

I agree with your thoughts. They'll want to promote the album before the release, and I bet they'll do an Asbury show the weekend after the album comes out, maybe Friday the 27th?
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Now that we have a release date...   Now that we have a release date... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:38 pm

I missed it, how are we sure that this is the release date? I searched "gaslight anthem july" on twitter and not one thing came up...

Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Now that we have a release date...   Now that we have a release date... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:39 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
I missed it, how are we sure that this is the release date? I searched "gaslight anthem july" on twitter and not one thing came up...

http://www.play.com/Search.html?searchstring=the+gaslight+anthem+handwritten&searchsource=0&searchtype=musicall
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Now that we have a release date...   Now that we have a release date... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:41 pm

eagles1139 wrote:

That's why he says a pressumed one. That link, christophe posted, has a preorder up and the site says the 23rd. But it hasn't been official yet.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Now that we have a release date...   Now that we have a release date... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 1:35 pm

Well.... now that another site is saying July 31, I decided to take a look at the Convention Hall schedule. Lo and behold, there's a huge beach event going on in Asbury the weekend of the 21st, which means any pre-release or release-day concert can't happen there.

Perhaps the release was pushed back to accommodate the venue schedule?

(wishful thinking, I know - we don't even know if they'll be doing a NJ/NY show to mark the launch.)
Back to top Go down
Pridevsprose
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Pridevsprose

PostSubject: Re: Now that we have a release date...   Now that we have a release date... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 1:44 pm

njguy99 wrote:

(wishful thinking, I know - we don't even know if they'll be doing a NJ/NY show to mark the launch.)

Thats my fear, Especially as most American music is getting worse and worse GLA is gaining a bigger following in Europe,
Back to top Go down
AmSlang59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Now that we have a release date...   Now that we have a release date... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 5:43 pm

Pridevsprose wrote:
njguy99 wrote:

Thats my fear, Especially as most American music is getting worse and worse GLA is gaining a bigger following in Europe,

There was discussion on this subject yesterday on here. Basically TGA's success is very similar to Kings Of Leon, The Killers, and The Black Keys - American band gets big in Europe and pays more attention to Europe than their homeland. While I am happy that TGA is getting a bigger following, it kind of sucks to see that they did multiple UK tours since American Slang and only one American tour.
Back to top Go down
Pridevsprose
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Pridevsprose

PostSubject: Re: Now that we have a release date...   Now that we have a release date... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 6:26 pm

AmSlang59 wrote:
Pridevsprose wrote:
njguy99 wrote:

There was discussion on this subject yesterday on here. Basically TGA's success is very similar to Kings Of Leon, The Killers, and The Black Keys - American band gets big in Europe and pays more attention to Europe than their homeland. While I am happy that TGA is getting a bigger following, it kind of sucks to see that they did multiple UK tours since American Slang and only one American tour.

Its a huge shame, although Black Keys are gaining a following in the US

I mean its just they go where they are accepted, hopefully Handwritten will boom stateside so we get more than one short tour
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Now that we have a release date...   Now that we have a release date... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 2:55 pm

The date is official, from the newsletter:

Quote :
Handwritten will be released on July 24 in the US and a day earlier July 23 in the UK! Wheeewww...finally got that off my chest.

So, tour ideas?
Back to top Go down
built2last25
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
built2last25

PostSubject: Re: Now that we have a release date...   Now that we have a release date... Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 9:29 pm

i dont know if we are gonna get anymore jersey shows since they are playing 2 festivals in nj in a 2 month time span. its unfortunate that i can not tolerate festivals. but i would kill for an end of summer pony summerstage appearance.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Now that we have a release date...   Now that we have a release date... Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 7:06 am

July 23rd surprised me. Im sure we'll get a second single before then so we will know a few songs by the tie the album comes out which I guess spoils the surprise a little. Im just wondering if they will showcase any of the new songs at their gigs leading up to the release. Obvs they will play the singles that weve heard but that may be it. You know how Brian feels about the internet being intrusive so I can see him holding back on most of Handwrittens songs at Koko and other early summer songs...
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Now that we have a release date...   Now that we have a release date... Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 3:38 pm

built2last25 wrote:
i dont know if we are gonna get anymore jersey shows since they are playing 2 festivals in nj in a 2 month time span. its unfortunate that i can not tolerate festivals. but i would kill for an end of summer pony summerstage appearance.

Ya see, that's why I think they will have their own show somewhere.

1) They're likely going to be in the NY-area when the album is released, given the Fallon appearance at the end of that week.
2) These festivals are fine, but they aren't Gaslight shows for Gaslight fans.
3) Record premiere concerts are a great way to make big money on tickets and merch sales. Not that the guys are in it for the money, but heaven knows they aren't getting that much to play a 40-minute set at a festival, even if they are a headliner.
Back to top Go down
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender
prettyontheinsidex

PostSubject: Re: Now that we have a release date...   Now that we have a release date... Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 5:37 pm

njguy99 wrote:
built2last25 wrote:

Ya see, that's why I think they will have their own show somewhere.

1) They're likely going to be in the NY-area when the album is released, given the Fallon appearance at the end of that week.
2) These festivals are fine, but they aren't Gaslight shows for Gaslight fans.
3) Record premiere concerts are a great way to make big money on tickets and merch sales. Not that the guys are in it for the money, but heaven knows they aren't getting that much to play a 40-minute set at a festival, even if they are a headliner.

what appearance at the end of that week? I missed something.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Now that we have a release date...   Now that we have a release date... Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:15 pm

They're going to be on Letterman on June 28 (likely June 27 taping) and Jimmy Fallon on July 27.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Now that we have a release date...   Now that we have a release date... Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:24 pm

A member of the band informed my friend that Gaslight would be "touring all summer."
Back to top Go down
AmSlang59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Now that we have a release date...   Now that we have a release date... Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:31 pm

njguy99 wrote:
They're going to be on Letterman on June 28 (likely June 27 taping) and Jimmy Fallon on July 27.
Where did you hear that?
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Now that we have a release date...   Now that we have a release date... Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:43 pm

AmSlang59 wrote:
njguy99 wrote:
Where did you hear that?

http://theaudioperv.com/2012/04/30/the-gaslight-anthem-premieres-new-single-45-announce-upcoming-letterman-and-fallon-performances/
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Now that we have a release date...   Now that we have a release date... Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:30 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
A member of the band informed my friend that Gaslight would be "touring all summer."

That's why I have to think there will be at least a couple US dates between June and August. They'll be traveling the country doing media undoubtedly, so why not book a few gigs along the way?
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Now that we have a release date...   Now that we have a release date... Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:39 pm

njguy99 wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

That's why I have to think there will be at least a couple US dates between June and August. They'll be traveling the country doing media undoubtedly, so why not book a few gigs along the way?

There will be shows. I wouldn't be surprised if it was similar to what they did in 2010 with a few weeks of US shows sandwiched between the UK/Euro shows, followed by a major US tour in the fall.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now that we have a release date...   Now that we have a release date... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Now that we have a release date...
Page 1 of 1