DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Japandroids

Go down 
+13
CluckyB
Jack
OldManShoes3
The Angry Johnny Revue
Holland
DeathoftheCool
The Major
drifter69
JJW319
TGAforLIFE
Christophe
ThisMachineKillsFascists
simo
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Japandroids  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japandroids    Japandroids  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 7:10 pm

I agree Celebration Rock rules....can't recall any records in recent memory (as in like the past two years) that's quite as good as this.

Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Japandroids    Japandroids  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 11:43 pm

It's weird to me that all my Japandroids loving friends seem to think Post Nothing is better.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Japandroids    Japandroids  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 1:37 pm

They announced a bunch of new tour dates. A bunch of Europe and US. Too long to paste so I'll just link you here: http://japandroids.com/

Looks like I'll be seeing them in November.
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: Japandroids    Japandroids  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:44 pm

Webster Hall, you're fucking kidding me? Missed out on them last time because of age restrictions, not again! Mad
Back to top Go down
OldManShoes3
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
OldManShoes3

PostSubject: Re: Japandroids    Japandroids  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 3:53 am

Just started listening to these guys, Celebration Rock is amazing. I can't stop listening to The Night Of Wine And Roses and Continuous Thunder. Haven't been able to get into Post Nothing yet though, the songs don't really hit me like the ones on Celebration Rock.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Japandroids    Japandroids  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 4:53 am

fuck yes. Super stoked. I had major whiplash from the june show. can't wait for another one.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Japandroids    Japandroids  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:29 am

I tried listening to these guys, but something about the guy's voice was like nails on a chalkboard to me. I'll try again at some point, but really bad first impression.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com

PostSubject: Re: Japandroids    Japandroids  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 4:48 pm

Got my tickets to see em in November.

second time this year. third time in a span 14 months. pretty fucking stoked.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Japandroids    Japandroids  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:43 pm

Just got my ticket as well
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Japandroids    Japandroids  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 3:57 pm

I've seen this name popping up a lot lately..which to me is a hint that I need to listen to them!
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Japandroids    Japandroids  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:25 pm

The more I listen to Celebration Rock, the more I think it might wind up being my AoTY. Each song on its own merits ranges from good to great, but you string them altogether, throw in those fireworks at the beginning and end... and its just a profound musical experience. Too many albums *cough* handwritten *cough* have been great but still contain glaring flaws that distract from the overall product. Celebration Rock doesn't have those flaws. Its exactly what it promises to be, exactly what you want it to be, exactly what it should be. It starts running. It doesn't lull in the middle. It doesn't fall off at the end. Its a really a flawless album (note that an album can be "flawless" and still be worse than a "flawed" album. For Emma, Forever Ago is a flawless album, but while I do like it I wouldn't put in my top twenty of all time just because there is other stuff I enjoy more even if some of it has flaws).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Japandroids    Japandroids  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:43 pm

I will go further and say Celebration Rock is the best album I've heard in the past two years...hands down the AoTY
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Japandroids    Japandroids  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 7:05 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
I will go further and say Celebration Rock is the best album I've heard in the past two years...hands down the AoTY

Comparing top albums is really hard for me. I still really like a lot of the songs off Handwritten. I also really like On The Impossible Past. And Exister has some great moments as well... There are reasons to love all the albums so its hard to say "this one is actually better". Also a lot of it depends on the mood. But each time I listen to Celebration Rock I'm left going "wow" so yeah... probably my AoTY when all is said and done, but there are still three months left. Maybe Transgender Dysphoria Blues will come out and blow us all away by giving us an intimate glimpse into Laura's struggles (is it actually coming out this year? I can't find a release date). I also still have my fingers crossed The National are gonna be like "Oh hey we have an album coming out next month" and if that happens all bets are off. And maybe something already out will just grow on me more.

Regardless, its been a great year for music. Honestly probably even better than last year.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Japandroids    Japandroids  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 3:03 am

^ i like this post
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Japandroids    Japandroids  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 3:32 am

Celebration Rock is fantastic, but I think the guitar could be a little more interesting... A lot of the songs sound awfully similar. I really do love it though, very excited to see them in a couple months in DC!
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Japandroids    Japandroids  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 9:09 pm

Seeing them tonight. Got high hopes. Seattle crowd better not be lameasses.
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: Japandroids    Japandroids  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 4:52 am

Lucky you! Wanted to see them when they came to Switzerland but couldn't go! I like the setlist they play these days!
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Japandroids    Japandroids  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 6:38 am

anyone else seeing them with cloud nothings in april? hella goin to the santa barbara show. stoked
Back to top Go down
Casey
A Contender
A Contender
Casey

PostSubject: Re: Japandroids    Japandroids  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 5:10 am

Awesome, awesome band. Just discovered them recently, love their style. It's like pop-punk meets grunge and garage rock, and really impressive considering there is only two of them playing.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Japandroids    Japandroids  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 11:26 pm

Anyone else heading to the Brooklyn show next month?
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: Japandroids    Japandroids  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 5:13 pm

I see them live the 30th of July in Zurich! Co headline with The Trail of Dead, I'm so happy!
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Japandroids    Japandroids  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 6:41 pm

I saw them last month in NYC and it was a terrific show. Great energy.
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: Japandroids    Japandroids  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 2:34 am

How long did they play?
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Japandroids    Japandroids  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 8:33 am

HolyBreakOfDay wrote:
How long did they play?

About 1 hour and 20 minutes as I recall. They played the whole Celebration Rock record and a bunch of songs from Post-Nothing.
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: Japandroids    Japandroids  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 9:42 am

Great! I can't wait! I gonna have only 3 hour of sleep and back to work the day after because it's not very close to my town, but I can't miss that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japandroids    Japandroids  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japandroids
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next