DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ian Perkins

Go down 
+45
bringiton
Holland
Labhras
FelixMA
enola
Kosburn59
Emusic
EveryWordHandwritten
brucesboots
azlisa
njguy99
Bea
saltandburn1967
bringiton_ty
A_Regular
El Jefe
kirstyt
TheSultanOfSwing
steady now steady now
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Jeff
Camus
bakerfall
IKeeptheDiner
Harbortown
StitchesOnTheRadio
Christophe
TGAFAN25
DiamondSinatra
moosicmaniac
Mary Ann
steph
HighLonesome
JJW319
plugga
White Man In Hammersmith
simo
Klown
AGoodTime
ral
Jack
DeathoftheCool
Debonair
NeverTrustAJunkie
Steve70s
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

Ian Perkins - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 3:44 pm

how, THE FUCK, is ian still in this band?
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 5:11 pm

Labhras wrote:

so this thread is inactive for a month and you bump it just to troll it again? take the nonsense to spam.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 7:15 pm

ral wrote:
Labhras wrote:

so this thread is inactive for a month and you bump it just to troll it again? take the nonsense to spam.
hey man drop the aggressive tone this is a discussion board. either contribute to the discussion or get out.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 7:20 pm

Labhras wrote:
ral wrote:
Labhras wrote:

hey man drop the aggressive tone this is a discussion board. either contribute to the discussion or get out.

hey man, you already tried trolling this thread once, how about you get out.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 7:27 pm

ral wrote:
Labhras wrote:
ral wrote:
Labhras wrote:

hey man, you already tried trolling this thread once, how about you get out.
okay you've shown us you know what trolling means. well done. now if you'll excuse me i want to talk about ian perkins.
Back to top Go down
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 10:13 pm

I swear this guy is about to put a hit out on Ian Perkins... give it a rest...
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
kupe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 12:20 am

Ian Perkins is the fuckin man
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 3:04 am

steady now steady now wrote:
Admin says: ... Placing Ian's photo behind the CD and also inside the vinyl cover is bound to give rise to discussions (starting with 'who's that guy?'), as is his playing-with-but-not-being-included in the band.

So feel free to discuss it, but in a matter which befits Brian's discription of us as "really nice people" (ok, he actually said "some really nice people", but I am sure we can all be nice).
Thanks. The thread has now been unlocked, but Admin are watching.

steady now steady now wrote:
Admin: So some people think Ian is a worthy addition to the band, albeit informally, while others think he adds nothing and his guitar playing is no good. Ok. The forums is here to debate this kind of stuff. However, the debate is getting boring, as no one has anything new to say. As for the nay-sayers, you have made your point (and 'thank you') silent, as for Ian's fans, feel free to post any new info or pics you come across.

Admin note:
There have been a few warnings in this thread already. Please only discuss relevant new info. If this thread starts to run in circles again I will lock it for good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 12:18 pm

Bringing back an old thread from the dead, but something about Ian Perkins in the band annoys me. Maybe I should just stop following him on Instagram, he's super annoying to me and I can't put a finger on it.

I bet he's a nice guy and all but he seems like a guy also just getting by without adding much of anything - or is he and I am just missing it?

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 12:23 pm

SirBrad wrote:
Bringing back an old thread from the dead, but something about Ian Perkins in the band annoys me. Maybe I should just stop following him on Instagram, he's super annoying to me and I can't put a finger on it.

I bet he's a nice guy and all but he seems like a guy also just getting by without adding much of anything - or is he and I am just missing it?

Seriously? I think your posts are always thoughtful and well intended but I really don't see this post as fostering any worthwhile discussion. This is the proverbial dead horse.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 12:37 pm

I guess, I didn't really mean to stir the shit up, but it seems others have the same opinion so I figured I'd chime in...after all this is a forum used to express thoughts and opinions.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 7:17 pm

Band sounds much better with Ian in it. IMO. Sorry for partaking in the dead horse beating
Ian Perkins - Page 12 Dead-horse
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 10:29 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
I really don't see this post as fostering any worthwhile discussion. This is the proverbial dead horse.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 3:05 am

I feel like this is the part in Scooby Doo where we rip off SirBrad's mask only to find that he's not actually a knight at all but a NECROMANCER
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 3:12 am

I won't lie, I prefer Gaslight with the original four...

I think Ian is a great player.... I have no qualms with him, but I prefer how they sounded before....
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 3:13 am

then again I prefer the smaller venue sound, not the stadium rock sound so who am I to say?
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 10:31 am

Seeing as I was one of the original people openly against Ian, I'll say that he's gone from a distraction to a non-entity. His playing has improved and gotten more confident, which has really just made him invisible 99% of the time as he's playing the same chords as Brian. I have noticed in recent shows that Brian is not playing on different songs now, so I guess if that is something you like than Ian is a positive.

I just think they never sounded better than they did the first time I saw them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrW3IAA--Z4
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 10:38 am

I agree, this is my favorite sounding gaslight era as well Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 11:51 am

I've saw Gaslight with Ian 5 times now and whilst he doesn't bother me as much as he used to I still prefer the original live line up.

This will always be Gaslight to me - the 4 of them, tight, energetic, on top of their game; this is the sound of a band on the cusp of greatness. What makes it more special is that it's a festival crowd and Gaslight has them in the palm of their hands. Doesn't get any better than this................

Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 12:15 pm

That is indeed one of their best performances.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 9:27 am

Over the last tour Ian has really started to get more involved on stage, he isnt as shy and has gained so much in confidence, yes Gaslight do sound different to the early tours but as they grow that had to happen. Ian can play and the all the band like him, so he doesnt cause any bad feeling between them, you will often find Ian and Alex R in a bar watching football together, any promo stuff and Ian knows when to get out of the way and go walk about.
Its cool that he has been around the band since them early days , so he fits well, he gives Brian chance to do other things with and without a guitar.
If ever you speak to Ian he is always fast to say its Brians band, he does what he is told. Every time ive met the guy he is always so nice and not up himself what so ever.
If and its a big if, Gaslight go on to be a arena/stadium band , dont be suprised if they dont use more musicians /backing singers etc. I agree they used to sound great in small venues as a 4 (coming up to my 40th Gaslight/Fallon show) so seen them in many venues since 2008, the bigger venues will need a bigger sound, yes U2 are only a 4, but god they use one hell of a lot of technical tricks to make a stadium sound.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 3:57 pm

It's funny, at shows I'm never focused on the sound or anything technically related unless it disrupts the show somehow (like if it's way too loud, or someone's off key momentarily). I'm more focused on the emotional aspects of it. Like getting a kick out of Brian's banter, or being psyched I hear a song I wanted them to play, or getting excited watching how awesome Benny is on drums. I don't mean I'm knocking anyone who is paying attention to such details. I'm just realizing that's why I can't relate to any of the arguments against or for Ian's presence when it comes to how it affects the overall sound of the songs live.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ian Perkins
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12