DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ian Perkins

Go down 
+45
bringiton
Holland
Labhras
FelixMA
enola
Kosburn59
Emusic
EveryWordHandwritten
brucesboots
azlisa
njguy99
Bea
saltandburn1967
bringiton_ty
A_Regular
El Jefe
kirstyt
TheSultanOfSwing
steady now steady now
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Jeff
Camus
bakerfall
IKeeptheDiner
Harbortown
StitchesOnTheRadio
Christophe
TGAFAN25
DiamondSinatra
moosicmaniac
Mary Ann
steph
HighLonesome
JJW319
plugga
White Man In Hammersmith
simo
Klown
AGoodTime
ral
Jack
DeathoftheCool
Debonair
NeverTrustAJunkie
Steve70s
49 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

Ian Perkins Empty
PostSubject: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 4:16 pm

Has he joined the band? I am confused. Suspect
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Ian Perkins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 4:18 pm

What made you ask?
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

Ian Perkins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 4:22 pm

I recall reading it somewhere but may have imagined it!
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Ian Perkins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 6:39 pm

He has not joined the band officially, as far as I know.

Also there was a horrible crowes interview, i listened to, with Brian and him where Brian say (im paraphrasing) gaslight will most likely stay officially the four of them, but Ian will be around. I'll have to go find it, its pages back in another thread, but I'll post it when i do.

Edit: http://player.absoluteradio.co.uk/core/radioplayer/podcasts/Geoff-Lloyd-s-Hometime-Show/56487/

Here it is, the part I'm talking about is around 49 minutes. Brian says something like "we are probably going to keep it the four of us"

Last edited by Debonair on Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Ian Perkins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 6:47 pm

Well he recorded with them, right? I'm assuming he'll be kind of a fifth man live, but he's not in any of the new pictures or anything so I guess he's not an official member.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Ian Perkins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 6:50 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
Well he recorded with them, right? I'm assuming he'll be kind of a fifth man live, but he's not in any of the new pictures or anything so I guess he's not an official member.

That's my thinking especially because they have the 12 string Brian's going to play. So someone will need to take over rythm on those songs - if needed
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

Ian Perkins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 7:25 pm

Debonair wrote:
He has not joined the band officially, as far as I know.

Also there was a horrible crowes interview, i listened to, with Brian and him where Brian say (im paraphrasing) gaslight will most likely stay officially the four of them, but Ian will be around. I'll have to go find it, its pages back in another thread, but I'll post it when i do.

Edit: http://player.absoluteradio.co.uk/core/radioplayer/podcasts/Geoff-Lloyd-s-Hometime-Show/56487/

Here it is, the part I'm talking about is around 49 minutes. Brian says something like "we are probably going to keep it the four of us"

Many thanks - I guess they need a new guitar tech then? Razz
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

Ian Perkins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 10:33 am

what are people's thoughts on Ian's involvement so far?
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

Ian Perkins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 11:30 am

I'm sure he's a nice guy and everything...

But really, he doesn't need to be there. Every time I've seen him play with Gaslight he botches his (quite simple, if we're being honest) parts. And for a guitar tech, he sure seems to be perpetually out-of-tune.

Three guitar players really are unnecessary. Any time there's three guitar players in a band it's generally because they're friends and they don't want to kick someone out. See: E Street Band, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Foo Fighters, and now Gaslight.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Ian Perkins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 12:27 pm

Somewhere on Brian's Q&A he said Ian was going to be a touring guitarist.

He's hilarious and awesome.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

Ian Perkins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 12:42 pm

JohnnyC wrote:
I'm sure he's a nice guy and everything...

But really, he doesn't need to be there. Every time I've seen him play with Gaslight he botches his (quite simple, if we're being honest) parts. And for a guitar tech, he sure seems to be perpetually out-of-tune.

agree with all this. Ian is a super nice guy but he's not really adding a lot musically. I understand that Brian is looking for a bigger live sound (or whatever his wording was) but the screw ups don't seem worth it. It wasn't bad when Ian played Brian's part in Old White Lincoln or Cowgirls but just doubling the rhythm parts isn't helping the songs. Especially on some of the slower numbers where the extra guitar really just muddies things up.

Quote :

Three guitar players really are unnecessary. Any time there's three guitar players in a band it's generally because they're friends and they don't want to kick someone out. See: E Street Band, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Foo Fighters, and now Gaslight.

Pearl Jam makes three guitars work but it's definitely overkill for most bands.
Back to top Go down
AGoodTime
A Contender
A Contender
AGoodTime

Ian Perkins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 12:47 pm

Ian is gunna play at all the live shows! To me that is amazing, it has made the wait till KOKO go even slower. Brian Fallon pretty much forced Ian to play guitar for the Gaslight Anthem, he said that he felt uncomfortable with his closest friend just being their guitar tech when he has talent playing. (That's what he told me)
Him and Brian work brilliantly on stage too. At The Revival Tour, they were hilarious together.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Ian Perkins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 12:47 pm

He's played ... what...2/3 gigs proper now on this tour...I'm sure he's going to take a bit of time to gel properly, and I'm actually looking forward to seeing how it works a year or two down the line. If anything this could help with obviously the bigger 'arena' sound and also the backing vocals, which many people have noted sound weak live, which surely can only be a good thing?

I don't think he was brought in because he was a 'friend', I'm guessing its' something the guys thought long and hard about, and they thought that it would bolster their live setup. It may take a bit of tinkering about to get it to work, but I've faith in it all coming good soon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Ian Perkins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 12:53 pm

Quote :
I'm guessing its' something the guys thought long and hard about, and they thought that it would bolster their live setup. It may take a bit of tinkering about to get it to work, but I've faith in it all coming good soon.

My thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

Ian Perkins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 1:06 pm

maybe this is the "soft launch" for Ian? Just seems odd where they have stuck him at the back?
Back to top Go down

Ian Perkins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 1:14 pm

I think it'll be cool to see what happens in the future with Ian! I'm sure he can bring A LOT to the table after hearing what he did with Elsie. It is weird seeing someone else on stage and like you guys said before, they still have to fine tune the live sound with him, but I can't see anything bad coming from this, and I'm super excited to see how everything turns out with him being more involved.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Ian Perkins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 1:23 pm

I would like to see Ian help out on backing vocals but he didn't have a mic on the livestream show did he?
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

Ian Perkins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 1:25 pm

I thought he did have a mic? Anyone got any links to HC videos where he plays a lot of guitar?
Back to top Go down

Ian Perkins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 1:27 pm

I don't remember seeing one! He didn't really sing much with The Horrible Crowes either, did he? I wonder if he just doesn't like to sing or something.
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

Ian Perkins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 1:57 pm

Maybe it was one of the drum mics?
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

Ian Perkins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 3:39 pm

I say give him time to settle and adjust, hopefully he can help out with the backing vocals! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Ian Perkins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 4:08 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-eOGN97dMs
they have ian so brian can do stuff like this
Back to top Go down

Ian Perkins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 5:52 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:

: )
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Ian Perkins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 9:04 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:

T H I S x100000000000
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Ian Perkins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 9:05 pm

also: they can ask their moms or dogs to play with them live, as long as they sound this good I don't really care.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ian Perkins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian Perkins   Ian Perkins Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ian Perkins
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next