DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Will this get me banned?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

Will this get me banned? Empty
PostSubject: Will this get me banned?   Will this get me banned? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:03 pm

There are some INCREDIBLE recordings from the Revival Tour in Europe on youtube I am going rip them and burn myself a DVD, regardless.

If I were to make extra copies for the people on this board (95% of the work is getting the videos and setting it up. Burning a second copy is just hitting a button and waiting) and charge $2 for a dvd + shipping, would that fly? Does it help if I get the youtube video's owner to agree?

I know Brian has said he is happy that people share things like live recordings, provided they aren't doing it for profit and don't share material that is in print. I don't want to get in trouble, though.

So yeah, will this work?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will this get me banned?   Will this get me banned? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:12 pm

hmm...I would say its frowned upon...but I'm not sure
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Will this get me banned?   Will this get me banned? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:17 pm

I would have to see what the other admins say, but i really dont think here is the right place to do something like that. To be honest. I dont know all the details of your plan, but i know that, people who "own" the videos on youtube, dont actually always "own" them. technically ripping stuff off youtube isnt really legal either. and we really dont allow people to sell stuff on here also. So im going off a hunch that this wont be allowed.
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: Will this get me banned?   Will this get me banned? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:21 pm

http://textsnip.com/my/TheRevivalTour_RS

Full revival tour matey Wink
Back to top Go down
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Will this get me banned?   Will this get me banned? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:25 pm

Alright, no prob.

Doesn't affect my ability to make one. Just figured I would do a small act of kindness for other board members (I would much rather pay $2 and get one in the mail than spend an hour(s) doing it myself). I understand wanting to stay on the safe side.

Horrible Crowe, thanks for the link!
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Will this get me banned?   Will this get me banned? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:33 pm

why are you going to charge people? if you wanna do this, just send copies to whoever wants them without making them pay...
Back to top Go down
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Will this get me banned?   Will this get me banned? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:36 pm

I wasn't trying to make profit. I figured if I went through the trouble of getting the files, burning everything, and going to the post office someone could spend 30 seconds and paypal me $3 for a blank DVD and shipping. I don't think that is unreasonable.

Mute point, anyways. Answer was a no.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Will this get me banned?   Will this get me banned? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:38 pm

I have both received and sent DVD copies from the Revival Tour to other members on this forum and there was no money exchange whatsoever... i just don't get why you would charge someone for something that's not even yours, but whatever.

Last edited by Bea on Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: Will this get me banned?   Will this get me banned? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:38 pm

We are not ebay. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will this get me banned?   Will this get me banned? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will this get me banned?
Page 1 of 1