DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

90s alt rock band Brian praised

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shallow
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

90s alt rock band Brian praised Empty
PostSubject: 90s alt rock band Brian praised   90s alt rock band Brian praised Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 6:09 pm

There is a band that released albums in the 90s Brian was talking about in an interview. I know the band. I even have an album somewhere in storage but I can't for the life of me remember the name. They weren't on the the popular bands like Pearl Jam or Nirvana. More low key.

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 90s alt rock band Brian praised   90s alt rock band Brian praised Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 6:33 pm

Afghan Whigs? Soul Asylum? Chamberlain?
Back to top Go down
Shallow
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 90s alt rock band Brian praised   90s alt rock band Brian praised Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 6:36 pm

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
Afghan Whigs? Soul Asylum? Chamberlain?

Nope, but the Whigs are really cool. Thanks for trying. Maybe I'll have to just go through my old hard drives and find the albums.
Back to top Go down
Shallow
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 90s alt rock band Brian praised   90s alt rock band Brian praised Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 6:45 pm

I think I read about it during the same interview where Brian is talking about meeting Springsteen and how it was like just a couple of Jersey guys talking about Jersey.

Man, this is frustrating. I know they were a top 90s band but I can't find them anywhere on te net.
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: 90s alt rock band Brian praised   90s alt rock band Brian praised Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 7:03 pm

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/ArtistsAndEvents/Stories/interview-brian-fallon/

That's the only interview I can find at the moment (I've only started looking) but I don't think it's the one you're looking for.

I think I remember reading a piece where he said it was like two guys talking about Jersey. It could well be on one of the blogs thathad interviews with Brian that was poisted here a while ago. If I come across it I'll pop it in here.
Back to top Go down
Shallow
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 90s alt rock band Brian praised   90s alt rock band Brian praised Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 7:10 pm

Thanks for your help Daire. I'm positive it was a blogspot video too, but it may end up being that I had read the interview the same day I watched the 2 guys from Jersey one and that they are too entirely different interviews. I have also recemtly reformatted my PC so checking my browser history is out the window.

One thing I do remember is he mentioned this bamd wit his, I think, top 3 artists or bands or albums you need need to hear before you die, or something like that. I think the other two mentioned where Clash, and Springsteen.
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: 90s alt rock band Brian praised   90s alt rock band Brian praised Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 10:35 pm

Chamberlain? He mentioned this with a few other albums, but none of them were 90's bands.

Social Distortion or are they 80's? I know he did one list of 5 albums he'd take if he was stuck on an island. Is that the interview?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
Shallow
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 90s alt rock band Brian praised   90s alt rock band Brian praised Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 11:04 pm

lynchyeatspizza wrote:
Chamberlain? He mentioned this with a few other albums, but none of them were 90's bands.

Social Distortion or are they 80's? I know he did one list of 5 albums he'd take if he was stuck on an island. Is that the interview?

Not Social D for sure. Not Chamberlain either. I remember watching videos of the bad on youtube. There were a few official music videos
Back to top Go down
Shallow
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 90s alt rock band Brian praised   90s alt rock band Brian praised Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:29 pm

It may have been Hot Water Music. I'm just trying to make sure
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 90s alt rock band Brian praised   90s alt rock band Brian praised Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:35 pm

HWM isn't alt rock, so no
Back to top Go down
Shallow
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 90s alt rock band Brian praised   90s alt rock band Brian praised Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:36 pm

Well, I still think they were the band I was thinking of. What doesn't make them alt rock?
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 90s alt rock band Brian praised   90s alt rock band Brian praised Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:38 pm

i mean i guess they kinda fall in that category, but they're definitely a punk or post-hardcore band to me. when i think '90s alt-rock i think of Eve 6, Everclear, or Pearl Jam. ya know, stuff like that
Back to top Go down
Shallow
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 90s alt rock band Brian praised   90s alt rock band Brian praised Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:42 pm

Fair enough. The alt rock scene included everyone from Nirvana, to the Pumpkins, to Soundgarden to the Peppers. I figure that if those bands that all sound different and have different influences (and some same ones of course) fall under the alt rock umbrella then so would Hot Water Music.

Has Brian has mentioned HWM in interviews?
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 90s alt rock band Brian praised   90s alt rock band Brian praised Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:49 pm

yeah, there was one where they asked him to list bands that were essential listening for anyone, and he said like The Clash, either Sam Cooke or Otis Redding, can't remember, HWM, and one other band. he's also said Chris Wollard (of HWM) had a huge influence on him, and he appears on Film Noir
Back to top Go down
Shallow
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 90s alt rock band Brian praised   90s alt rock band Brian praised Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:50 pm

Well that settles it. It was Hot Water Music. Thanks for your help everyone!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 90s alt rock band Brian praised   90s alt rock band Brian praised Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

90s alt rock band Brian praised
Page 1 of 1