DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The King Blues

Go down 
+3
elnoiangles
Gaslight23
drifter69
7 posters
AuthorMessage
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

The King Blues Empty
PostSubject: The King Blues   The King Blues Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 7:53 am

Any fans? was expecting a thread on these already. Great band with three great albums,going to see them live tomorrow night, anyone seen them?

If you ain't heard them then check them out - The King Blues are a punk band from London, England, credited for fusing ska and folk together with influences from punk rock and hardcore punk.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

The King Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King Blues   The King Blues Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 10:37 am

Yeah I'm a fan, I've seen them about 5 times, I'm not as keen on the new album as the first 2 and itch is beginning to piss me off so I'm not as into them now, there live shows are really good though, but I preferred the old line up. Have fun though!
Back to top Go down
elnoiangles
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
elnoiangles

The King Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King Blues   The King Blues Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 4:37 pm

Got into them quite a bit a year or so ago, liked the first two albums, also like Punk and Poetry but it's a bit.....dunno. Catchy, maybe? His singing accent has changed, too, which is annoying.
I find some of the lyrics a bit childish, some of them a bit try-hard, but i'm still listening so can't knock them!
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

The King Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King Blues   The King Blues Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 5:52 pm

Great band. I don't understand the criticism of Punk & Poetry, think it's a great album from start to finish, political but energetic and some clever lyrics.

I saw them in August in Southend, and they were awesome. The sweatiest gig I've ever been to.
Back to top Go down
MxBx!
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MxBx!

The King Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King Blues   The King Blues Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 8:50 pm

saw them a lot before they released the Household name version of Under The Fog. They've come a pretty long way since playing in places like Cowley Club or Engine Rooms in Brighton.

Wouldn't say i'm a big fan of them anymore but I still like to put on the first album every now and then for nostalgia value.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harker/120725651345443?sk=app_1780
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

The King Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King Blues   The King Blues Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 6:39 pm

Yeah, I like them really much although I don`t know em for a long time...Holiday is my favourit song..
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

The King Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King Blues   The King Blues Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 1:58 pm

Just split up Sad im devastated tbh, really big fan. will be releasing their last album "long live the struggle" in july.
Back to top Go down
JadedGoober7
A Contender
A Contender
JadedGoober7

The King Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King Blues   The King Blues Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:30 pm

Crivens!! http://scarletfoxx.tumblr.com/post/20280882521/the-danger-of-worshipping-false-idols-the-fall-of
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

The King Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King Blues   The King Blues Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 8:31 pm

The Tracklisting for their last album.

1. We Are The Future
2. Modern Life Has Let me Down
3. Wasted Words
4. Can't Bring Me Down (feat. Jason Butler)
5. Tear Us Apart
6. This Is My Home
7. Bootled Out Of Hell (feat. Tim Armstrong)
8. Walking Away
9. Power To The People
10. We Are What We Own
11. When The Revolution Comes
12. Keep The Faith
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

The King Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King Blues   The King Blues Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 10:58 am

New album is a dissapointment for me. There are a few standout tracks- We Are The Future, We Are What We Own, Modern Life Has Let me Down and Power To The People, but there is loads of filler on it. On that basis I think it's a good idea that they're bowing out now. Then again, when I saw them live last year they were phenomenally good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The King Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King Blues   The King Blues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The King Blues
Page 1 of 1