DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TGA Live in NJ this Dec......

Go down 
+80
theBasemen
wolfpac2056
dustinpardue
Proteus
LoboJones
Mechamunky
thebar1963
dbzgtom
semrad8
Admodieus
Bea
mingus
joshyboytyler
Down by the Mersey
Jerseyrain
rem999
JimmyB
MKULTRA
Jack
SirBrad
plugga
jonnyz83
cristinaevelyn
CluckyB
turnitin2004
IrishNameAndAnInjury
rumham
DrockNJ
Gumption
No Retreat
Velocity
SouthJerseyTGA
Holland
simo
backseat99
The Angry Johnny Revue
westcountryeastcoast
riversedge
Phil Rockabill
ozfacter
thebends
TGA30
prettyontheinsidex
eddiecash
Christophe
steph
kupe
SaintSaturn
sentrand
bt211
pookieray
Harbortown
jerzshore732
B701
Hirti
Gaslight23
enola
moosicmaniac
LuceroDiehard
Rizz
NeverTrustAJunkie
luckysparks
JukeboxJuliet
TGAFAN25
mercyandaminute
KittyKat
built2last25
big blue
Debonair
chickenman
spgilbert
Kosburn59
vince
J.B.R.
fullcollapse
colmillionaire
acousticbandit
Shrewsbury_Stars
IKeeptheDiner
swampdevil
84 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21
AuthorMessage
swampdevil
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
swampdevil

TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 11:42 am

Im old , and am able to reflect on moshing of ye olden days. The time was late 70s early 80s and riot inciting bands like Black Flag , Bad Brains Dead Kennedys just to name a few would roll thru town and the crowd , music , club were in a word dangerous. The anger and intensity were real.
My advice to anyone at any show. Look out for yourself , look out for your neighbor and offer help to anyone who may be in need of it.

Anyone stay to see The Street Dogs at Asbury Lanes Sat night ?? One of the best bands and shows ive seen this year !! Their 2010 self titled cd STREET DOGS is a highly recommended.
Back to top Go down
Phil Rockabill
A Contender
A Contender
Phil Rockabill

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 12:32 pm

swampdevil wrote:
Im old , and am able to reflect on moshing of ye olden days. The time was late 70s early 80s and riot inciting bands like Black Flag , Bad Brains Dead Kennedys just to name a few would roll thru town and the crowd , music , club were in a word dangerous. The anger and intensity were real.
My advice to anyone at any show. Look out for yourself , look out for your neighbor and offer help to anyone who may be in need of it.

Anyone stay to see The Street Dogs at Asbury Lanes Sat night ?? One of the best bands and shows ive seen this year !! Their 2010 self titled cd STREET DOGS is a highly recommended.

Street Dogs are a good band. Mike McColgan is a great singer but savin hill was and is still my favorite album from them, everything after didn't top it imo.
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 2:51 pm

swampdevil wrote:

We had tickets for Street Dogs and Jesse Malin - ended up going to Stone Pony first because Asbury Lanes was closer to the hotel, and Jesse of course didn't go on until super late. We were also hanging around trying to get a Gaslight poster from the show, so by the time we got to Asbury Lanes the SD show was over, but it was still a great place to hang and drink.

What a great weekend, I'm ready to move out east. Smile

Back to top Go down
theBasemen
A Contender
A Contender
theBasemen

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 3:19 pm

"Today at 3pm EST we will be premiering our own, professional footage of Bruce Springsteen performing American Slang with us at Asbury Park on our new official Youtube channel."
Now that's some good news!

EDIT: Announced on their Facebook-page. This is their Youtube-channel: https://www.youtube.com/thegaslightanthem
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Naked-Sweat-Drips/259797094
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 4:05 pm

theBasemen wrote:
"Today at 3pm EST we will be premiering our own, professional footage of Bruce Springsteen performing American Slang with us at Asbury Park on our new official Youtube channel."
Now that's some good news!

EDIT: Announced on their Facebook-page. This is their Youtube-channel: https://www.youtube.com/thegaslightanthem
i'm gonna be pushing the refresh button every 30 seconds for the next hour xD
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 4:37 pm

hmmmm they wouldn't have professional footage just for american slang...
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 5:04 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMmJ7p_tCw8
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 5:27 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMmJ7p_tCw8

I've started a new thread just for the video

https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t3766-tga-the-boss-play-american-slang-official-video

but the wider Convention Hall discussion can stay here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 8:28 pm

I parked right by the Lanes and was totally confused about whether or not things were actually going on inside because the lights outside were off. We ended up eating at Wonder Bar and chilling then I went home after Last Call. PS was psyched the Fairey mural was still up even though it looks to be on its last legs.

My friends came up for the show. It was raining outside after. I said "Hey! You're standing in the Jersey rain!" #humor well it was funny at the time.
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 6:40 am

enola wrote:
Did anyone meet the guys after the show? We didn't try becazuse we were guessing that they will anyhow have some kind of an aftershow party ....

My friend and I were leaving the venue going back to his car and we saw Bruce leave the parking lot on the side of the venue. We went over and met a group of fans who met Brian at their last Asbury show at the Stone Pony and said they waited for an hour after the show and got to meet him on his way out (they also knew Brian was still in the building because they knew which car was his; creepy, i know). We stuck around and an hour later Brian and Alex got in their car, were leaving, and saw the small group of fans waiting so they stopped and talked to us and signed our tickets. Such nice guys. Brian even took a CD from this kid who was in a local band and drove off listening to it.
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
Chongislove
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Chongislove

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 2:38 pm

Hi everyone, this is my first post. This was the most amazing show of my life. Afterwards I was having a cigarette out back and noticed some people filing into a room. So I did the natural thing and stood next to them and filed in with them. Turns out they were family and close friends of the band, and I started making friendly with them and this guy I was upfront with and no one kicked me out. I hung out with the band till they started to leave. Greatest night of my life. My avatar's the only picture I got before my phone died.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 3:14 pm

Chongislove wrote:
Hi everyone, this is my first post. This was the most amazing show of my life. Afterwards I was having a cigarette out back and noticed some people filing into a room. So I did the natural thing and stood next to them and filed in with them. Turns out they were family and close friends of the band, and I started making friendly with them and this guy I was upfront with and no one kicked me out. I hung out with the band till they started to leave. Greatest night of my life. My avatar's the only picture I got before my phone died.

Welcome! Glad to have you in the forum. Very Happy

That's an awesome story! I'm glad you got the photo before your phone died!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 3:16 pm

Hah, that's a fucking badass story, well done.

Welcome to the forum, kid.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 3:26 pm

Hey man, i think we actually met in line, you sent me the photo of Brian if i remember right.epic story, welcome to the forum
Back to top Go down
Chongislove
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Chongislove

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 12:59 am

@ Debonair hahaha im glad the third try worked. I showed brian the picture when I met him and that sparked up conversation. By the way the second number I sent it to answered back the next day. They were very inquisitive to say the least hahahahahaha

Thank you all for the welcome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 1:06 am

That must have been an incredible time, Chongislove! Welcom aboard!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TGA Live in NJ this Dec......
Page 21 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21