DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TGA Live in NJ this Dec......

Go down 
+80
theBasemen
wolfpac2056
dustinpardue
Proteus
LoboJones
Mechamunky
thebar1963
dbzgtom
semrad8
Admodieus
Bea
mingus
joshyboytyler
Down by the Mersey
Jerseyrain
rem999
JimmyB
MKULTRA
Jack
SirBrad
plugga
jonnyz83
cristinaevelyn
CluckyB
turnitin2004
IrishNameAndAnInjury
rumham
DrockNJ
Gumption
No Retreat
Velocity
SouthJerseyTGA
Holland
simo
backseat99
The Angry Johnny Revue
westcountryeastcoast
riversedge
Phil Rockabill
ozfacter
thebends
TGA30
prettyontheinsidex
eddiecash
Christophe
steph
kupe
SaintSaturn
sentrand
bt211
pookieray
Harbortown
jerzshore732
B701
Hirti
Gaslight23
enola
moosicmaniac
LuceroDiehard
Rizz
NeverTrustAJunkie
luckysparks
JukeboxJuliet
TGAFAN25
mercyandaminute
KittyKat
built2last25
big blue
Debonair
chickenman
spgilbert
Kosburn59
vince
J.B.R.
fullcollapse
colmillionaire
acousticbandit
Shrewsbury_Stars
IKeeptheDiner
swampdevil
84 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 1:06 am

It's funny to think that this morning I awoke unaware that I'd be attending my first TGA gig next month. Needless to say I got an unexpected surprise when I returned home from to school to hear Miles Davis & The Cool coming from my dad's office. I investigated this unusual occurance to find dad had spent all day creating playlists on spotify and had stumbled across "this small punk band from New Jersey" as he put it. I told him about the gig in Asbury Park thinking he'd be reluctant to drive 2 and a half hours to see a band he'd just discovered, but without hesitation he was on stubhub paying a ridiculous amount for the last few remaining tickets.

He and my younger brother will be seated somewhere, whereas I'll be as close as I can get in General Admission, so to anyone who sees a short confused looking boy with a foreign accent please don't stand on me. I honestly didn't think I'd ever get to see TGA for a while, as I've noticed that any concert I've wanted to see since moving to America, there's been an age restriction which I am a good 5 years away from meeting.
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 3:39 pm

I'm sorry, but has ANYONE received a notification about the youtube contest? Forgive me if someone has already answered this.
Back to top Go down
backseat99
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
backseat99

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 7:36 pm

Kosburn59 wrote:
I'm sorry, but has ANYONE received a notification about the youtube contest? Forgive me if someone has already answered this.

I'm still waiting to hear about it and keep checking youtube every day or so. I wonder if it was a hoax?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 7:45 pm

backseat99 wrote:
Kosburn59 wrote:

I'm still waiting to hear about it and keep checking youtube every day or so. I wonder if it was a hoax?

would not be surprised if it was a hoax or a marketing trick...its been months since they announced the Horrible Crowes Instagram contest and yet no winner.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 7:54 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZTxV-zjs4A&feature=youtu.be

That's the winner. Gotta say it's a good cover.
Back to top Go down
backseat99
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
backseat99

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 5:32 pm

Well winner was chosen at 'random'' according to the rules. So technically it might not be the 'best'. This guy (it's not me, I pinched my entry from a random cover way down the youtube pages, which again was within the rules) I reckon should have won. This is a lovely version of Bring it on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKUm-cijkvA&feature=channel_video_title

I'm not bitter, honest Razz
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 6:04 pm

Thats actually my friends video.
Back to top Go down
backseat99
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
backseat99

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 6:28 pm

Holland wrote:
Thats actually my friends video.

Are you the Shaun this was made for then?!
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 6:37 pm

yes i indeed am
Back to top Go down
backseat99
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
backseat99

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 7:29 pm

wow thas a bit weird!small world! Great voice on your mate though! Shame you didn't win. Love to have gone to New York on the 9th, as it is I got to go to Lincoln (from cardiff here) to visit my gf that weekend. Not the same lol
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 8:09 pm

Small world yeh!! I know his voice quite well as i am the guitarist in the same band : http://missedyouattheshow.com/
Back to top Go down
SouthJerseyTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SouthJerseyTGA

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 1:16 am

15 more days.

What's everyones plan after the show? I'm coming from South Jersey but I know I'm going to be too amped to go back and certainly too drunk to drive. I'm sure this will be a party that goes on through the night.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 1:41 pm

Full post at: http://saraegoodman.blogspot.com/2010/12/greetings-from-asbury-park-new-jersey.html

Greetings From Asbury Park, New Jersey--the REAL Jersey Shore

A couple of times a year, I hop in the car and take the three-and-a-half hour drive to my own personal Mecca.

No, I don’t mean the DSW headquarters or the Stila cosmetics factory (both of which I would LOVE to go to though… road trip anyone?). I mean Asbury Park, New Jersey.

Now I know that when I say any destination on the Jersey Shore is my version of Mecca, you’re immediately picturing steroid-filled, spiky-haired, Ed Hardy-wearing, drunken guidos and their silicone-filled, hair extentioned, whore-y female counterparts. But none of those stereotypes are actually FROM the Jersey Shore. They just migrate there in the summer like really obnoxious birds that you can’t dislodge from your trees no matter how hard you try.

So Saturday night, I took “that drive, cross the river to the Jersey side” to see Jesse Malin perform at the Stone Pony. I’d seen him Wednesday night in the DC area and when I talked to him after, he told me that I should try to make it to the Asbury show. He did tell me that Bruce wasn’t a definite, but that didn’t matter, nor did it matter that in the end, Bruce didn’t show up. Because that’s not why I wanted to go. The truth is that you don’t have to work very hard to convince me to go to a concert (especially when it’s Bruce, the Gaslight Anthem, or Jesse Malin, who are my three favorite live performers), and it takes even less convincing to get me to Asbury Park.

Before you misunderstand me, I feel the need to point out that Asbury Park is still pretty shady. It’s kind of the polar opposite of my other Jersey Shore destination (my uncle’s shore house in Avalon), which is like the Disney version of the Jersey Shore (very clean, very safe, a pain in the ass to get to, and WAY overpriced in every possible way). In fact, if Avalon is Disney World, Asbury Park is Chuck E. Cheese. (Which would make Seaside Heights, where Jersey Shore is filmed the equivalent of the old Wild World Water Park in Prince Georges County, before it became the Six Flags, when it was dirty and disgusting and always had an alarming vomit-to-water ratio in all of the water rides.) It’s gritty, and you’re far more likely to encounter a giant rat than Mickey Mouse (because I don’t care what anyone says, Chuck E. Cheese is a rat).

But to a diehard Springsteen fan, it’s home.

Asbury Park, in fact, despite being a little scary at night (and sometimes during the day), is the ONLY place (other than my uncle’s house), where I can feel like I’m NOT a freak for how much I love Bruce. In Asbury, even on a non-concert day, I’m a lightweight. So part of why I love it is probably because it makes me feel more normal than any place in the DC area ever could.

But that’s not why I go there so often.

And no, it’s not because there’s always the off-chance that Bruce could pop up wherever you are there (which has only happened to me once in the six years that I’ve been going there. I have terrible Bruce-spotting luck. Although he DID stop his car and say hi to me the one time he WAS there at the same time as me—because he CLEARLY loves me too). It’s because everywhere you look, everything you see is straight out of one of his songs.

Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:43 pm

You guys reckon we'll be treated to any new songs?
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:48 pm

The Angry Johnny Revue wrote:

I think we get at least one. My money is on Biloxi Parish in light of the "back in Asbury's arms" lyric. It would also be nice to get a true premiere.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 12:12 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
The Angry Johnny Revue wrote:

I think we get at least one. My money is on Biloxi Parish in light of the "back in Asbury's arms" line. It would also be nice to get a true premiere.

We've already discussed this a couple pages back. But it keeps getting brought back up so i dont mind discussing it further.

I think everyone pretty much agreed its 50/50. I guarantee they'll play biloxi just because they have played it at every other show since its debut. I also think there is a very good chance theyll play at least one other new song because, people have said they debuted bring it on for the first time on the last concert before American slangs recording.

Brian told someone here after a show about a new song called Mae which will be on the new record

https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t3647-new-gaslight-song

Taking this into account I believe its a little more likely than 50/50 that we'll hear a new song. And probly this one if I had a guess
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
KittyKat

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 4:05 pm

Hi All, I have to collect from Will Call as coming from the UK. Does anyone know if they'd let me do that the day before or do I have to wait until doors open 9th? Thanks.

Also seeing Jesse Malin 10th at The stone Pony, and Dave Hause at Mercury Lounge NYC 11th!! Woo hoo!! I'll be the one in the Revival Tour T-shirt Very Happy

Also (sorry) first time to AP. I notice some areas are not too safe, is that right? Anyone local recommend any good taxi companies and do you have the phone numbers? Thanks again. The guide books seem to be lacking on AP so all I'm taking is a map from the Internet!

Thank you
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 7:23 pm

From apboardwalk.com:
Taxi Services

Super Cab
732-988-9201

Tops Taxi
732-776-7711

Surf Taxi Inc
732-774-5500

Ocean Taxi
732-643-9090

Best Limo
732-775-1866

Ocean Taxi
732-643-9090

Embassy Limousine
888-368-8393

Neptune Starz Cab
732-776-5666

Vet's Cab Service
732-774-7711

Citicab Inc
732-766-5700

As far as safety- seems to me if you just stick to the Boardwalk and use common sense (stay away from dark areas where no one is, etc.) you should be ok.

Normally with will call you have to wait til the day of the event at least. Not sure how early you can get your tickets though.
Back to top Go down
built2last25
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
built2last25

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 8:46 pm

you may be able to get your tickets at the pony the day before. I dont know for sure but their "box office" is open from 12 to 5 everyday except tuesday. When I say box office I mean however is working in the back office that day. I would give them a call when you get into town and see. Asbury really isnt that bad just dont wander too far by yourself. I live in a neighboring town and go there often and have never experienced anything out of the ordinary. Generally if your on the east side of the train tracks which is to say closer to the ocean you don't have much to worry about.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 9:16 pm

Im thinking we'll just get Biloxi and Our Fathers Sons. If one of them is not played, maybe we'll get a new new one.
Back to top Go down
swampdevil
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
swampdevil

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 5:40 pm

As someone whos been going to AP for 30 years and who has an apt there during the summer id say that to stay on the boardwalk side of the railroad tracks is the safe rule of thumb.Just use common sense.
For those coming from out of town or will be around for Jessie Malin dont forget about Asbury Lanes! Its a fair bet some of the band may hang their after the show and there is a killer show there Sat after Jessie with Street Dogs and Off with their heads , 2 killer punk bands.
Franks on Main st for breakfast and the Silver ball pinball museum are great food and fun.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 7:32 pm

Just FYI Dave Hause is also playing in Brooklyn December 8th at Union Hall. Though I have no idea if there's any easy way via public transportation to get from Brooklyn to Asbury Park.
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
KittyKat

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 7:46 pm

Thanks everyone, that's brilliant, really helpful, especially cab numbers. Yes. I think I saw Dave was playing 8th but NYC 11th seemed easier as I'll be there a few days for Xmas shopping!!

Pinball museum sounds fab!!

Anyone planning to meet up for/after GA or Jesse?

Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 8:22 pm

Please make time just to browse the holiday windows on 5th Avenue (from Saks up to Bergdorf Goodman, 50th-60th Streets or so). I just went. I think we spent about 2 hours just walking up and down gawking. Took a ton of photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/starstruck76/sets/72157628149473907/ Another FYI: The Lady Gaga merch is super pricy but the ridiculousness is worth taking a look at (at Bergdorf's).

OK back to AP discussion Wink
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 2:06 pm

KittyKat wrote:

Anyone planning to meet up for/after GA or Jesse?

I'm curious about this as well - it seems like a lot of people are coming in for this show. Will there be a meet-up before or after the show? I believe there was talk of it earlier in the thread, but don't know if anything was officially decided.

It would be great to find something to do after the Gaslight show, as I'm not familiar with the area at all, so if people are meeting up somewhere I'm down!

I might check out the Street Dogs show too.
It looks like it starts at the same time as the Malin show... not sure how that would work out. Hop back and forth? Ha!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TGA Live in NJ this Dec......   TGA Live in NJ this Dec...... - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TGA Live in NJ this Dec......
Page 11 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next