DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Q magazine review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

Q magazine review Empty
PostSubject: Q magazine review   Q magazine review Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 9:31 am

Q rates Elsie as excellent. Thought you'd be interested Wink

Q magazine review Thc_re10
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
carryon820
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Q magazine review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q magazine review   Q magazine review Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 11:28 am

It's nice to hear such positive reviews for this album! Although, if I'm interpreting this correctly, I have a similar perception. It appears that TGA tried too hard on American Slang, trying to meet too many expectations, likely accounting for such difficulty in making it as Brian even admitted, not to mention an album that many thought were not as good as previous ones. While I still like the album, it definitely appears forced, unnatural, and as if they didn't have fun making it. Elsie on the other hand, seems like it has no boundaries, limits, etc. and is a personal album that's very honest and sincere. It seems that while making it they truly had the perception that we are making this album without any expectations and we're going to have fun doing it. I think it is this type of mindset and effort by THC which translates into such a great album! I could be wrong but that's my perception anyway.
Back to top Go down

Q magazine review
Page 1 of 1