DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shameless Self Promotion: My Gaslight Reviews

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kilgore Trout
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Shameless Self Promotion: My Gaslight Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Shameless Self Promotion: My Gaslight Reviews   Shameless Self Promotion: My Gaslight Reviews Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 2:01 pm

Okay, so I've mentioned once or twice in my short time here that I'm a journalism student. I began reviewing records at 16 (you usually get free CDs and no money, hell yes), and now that I'm about to begin my fourth year of studying the craft, I've moved on to feature and news writing, but keep coming back to A&E---especially a good ol' fashioned record review.

So I thought I could use these reviews (both of which are kind of old, so if you take issue with the writing, know that I've grown quite a lot) as a platform for discussion of the themes and songwriting contained within their music. Basically, I want to open up the opportunity for other fans to argue with me about what I've said about the band. Some of these ideas may now seem trite, but keep in mind that they were written while I was just finding out about the band and/or when I was really really stoked on a brand new record.

Senor and the Queen: This one is, by GA standards, reaaaaalllly old (note--I just reread it for posting and it's TERRIBLE):http://www.musicemissions.com/artists/albums/index.php?album_id=8945

And here's a more recent one. Still not terribly proud of it, but it serves the purpose of this topic (note again, this is for my college paper, which is apparently undergoing a web redesign: http://sbindependent.org/wp2/album-review-the-gaslight-anthems-american-slang/
Back to top Go down
Kilgore Trout
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Shameless Self Promotion: My Gaslight Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shameless Self Promotion: My Gaslight Reviews   Shameless Self Promotion: My Gaslight Reviews Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 9:30 pm

Eh, oh well. I kinda thought this wouldn't go that well.
Back to top Go down

Shameless Self Promotion: My Gaslight Reviews
Page 1 of 1