DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

School/College

Go down 
+20
Harbortown
loazis
MikeSig
MKULTRA
The Boxer
steady now steady now
kieran
rivercities
JJW319
colmillionaire
Yozzy
Shrewsbury_Stars
J.B.R.
Kosburn59
simo
IKeeptheDiner
plugga
TGAFAN25
moosicmaniac
Labhras
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

School/College Empty
PostSubject: School/College   School/College Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 8:01 pm

I know we seem to have quite the impoverished crowd in here, or have some recently graduated from that interesting time in the limbo between being a teenager and an adult. That said I figured we can all talk about school or college and complain about how crappy our professors are.

I will start....anyone here take the GRE Exam recently?
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

School/College Empty
PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 10:40 am

what's a GRE exam?
Back to top Go down
moosicmaniac
A Contender
A Contender

School/College Empty
PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 11:01 am

Labhras wrote:
what's a GRE exam?

It's an entrance exam for graduate school. Lucky for me, I'm not going to grad school... yet.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

School/College Empty
PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 11:16 am

I'll be taking it in about a year. Graduating next spring...
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

School/College Empty
PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 11:43 am

i will never fully understand how the college system works in america, I mean I had to study it but I'm still confused ahaha
as for me I'll be done with my three years at university on december, I'm taking an year off, will probably move to London to work and since I'm studying to become an interpreter I will have to choose a postgraduate course somewhere between usa, uk and france. we'll see, I'm worried I might make the wrong decision.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

School/College Empty
PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 12:02 pm

i start at brooklyn college in a few weeks. this might be a nice sanctuary.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

School/College Empty
PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 8:42 pm

I started majoring in journalism and didn't like it and no have no clue what to do. I'll have enough credits that I have to decide by spring semester though.
Back to top Go down

School/College Empty
PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 9:25 pm

I graduate in the Spring of 2012 which means I have to take the GRE exam by January.

I'm majoring in Anthropology at San Jose State University.

What about you guys?
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

School/College Empty
PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 12:27 am

I'm starting my second year at Georgia State University, undecided currently but planning on transferring to Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro to major in audio production. I haven't been able to take any classes related to my major yet, and I took a music tech. class in my senior year of high school, and not getting to take any more classes like that one since leaving has made college a little boring...One more year, though, and I hopefully get out of GA to start doing something.

I'm really compelled to try and go overseas to see what other nations have to offer. All the money that you have to put forth and everything really turns me away from all that, though. It's a little sad. I would love to study abroad and learn about production in the UK, and maybe in various other parts of Europe. Anyone on the board who's studied abroad before?
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

School/College Empty
PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 12:46 am

I would be interested in audio production but we don't have any classes in that at my school and I don't really want to transfer.
Back to top Go down
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

School/College Empty
PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 1:53 pm

I went to Rutgers - New Brunswick, got a B.S. in Biotechnology with a minor in BioChem. Now I'm going to Centenary College to get a MBA in Marketing. I have 3 more classes and I cannot wait to be finished, 2012!
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

School/College Empty
PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 2:40 pm

J.B.R. wrote:
I went to Rutgers - New Brunswick, got a B.S. in Biotechnology with a minor in BioChem. Now I'm going to Centenary College to get a MBA in Marketing. I have 3 more classes and I cannot wait to be finished, 2012!

I did undergrad at the Rut too. Fun times. Some of my favorite places are gone now though like the Melody Bar. That place was a punk rock temple.
Back to top Go down
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

School/College Empty
PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 2:50 pm

I've only heard of the Melody Bar from tales of legends, but at least the Court Tavern still exists.

Old Bay is good for live music, I was there on Saturday and this folk/gypsy-type band was playing, all of a sudden the grid goes out in NB. The band continues there set acoustically as we all lit the place with our cell phones.

This is the band, Jác, they aren't too bad
facebook.com/jacband
Back to top Go down
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender
Yozzy

School/College Empty
PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 11:40 pm

I'm at Sheridan College in Oakville, Ontario, Canada in the fall. Going for a three year advanced diploma Advertising program.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

School/College Empty
PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 8:17 pm

Senior at Drexel University. Going for my teaching certification in elementary ed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

School/College Empty
PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 9:43 pm

Moving into Penn State main in less than a month.
Back to top Go down
rivercities
A Contender
A Contender
rivercities

School/College Empty
PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 10:08 pm

JJW319 wrote:

No way dude thats where im at also. What are you studying
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

School/College Empty
PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 12:12 am

rivercities wrote:
JJW319 wrote:

No way dude thats where im at also. What are you studying

DUS. But thinking about International Politics, Geography, or something like that.

Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

School/College Empty
PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 4:19 am

Do Geography its awesome (well the human aspects are!)

I just left Plymouth University a few months back and will be graduating with a 2:1 Very Happy

Best three years of my life though really gonna miss the place but im now moving in with my girlfriend that I met on the first day of term so cant complain Smile
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

School/College Empty
PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 4:36 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
I graduate in the Spring of 2012 which means I have to take the GRE exam by January.

What about you guys?

that's what my Ph.D. is in, though quite some time ago now

for my sins, I'm just finishing a part-time law degree
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
The Boxer
A Contender
A Contender

School/College Empty
PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 5:41 am

steady now - is that the Law conversion course? Mind if I pick your brains about it?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

School/College Empty
PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 5:44 am

The Boxer wrote:
steady now - is that the Law conversion course? Mind if I pick your brains about it?

it's the Open University LL.B. (hence it looks better than a mere conversion course), but you only need to to two years if you already have a degree; but for it to count you must complete it within six years, and I missed that deadline
Back to top Go down

School/College Empty
PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 6:47 am

steady now steady now wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

What about you guys?

that's what my Ph.D. is in, though quite some time ago now

for my sins, I'm just finishing a part-time law degree

seriously? thats awesome
what'd you focus in? what type of Anthropology?
Back to top Go down
The Boxer
A Contender
A Contender

School/College Empty
PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 6:47 am

So you must do your allotted 2 years within 6 years of registering, or you must do it within 6 years of yopur initial degree?

And (if you don't mind my asking) how much does it cost?

I've just completed my Masters, and I'm considering doing something similar in the future...
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

School/College Empty
PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 7:01 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
what'd you focus in? what type of Anthropology?

historical anthropology/colonial discourse/identity
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

School/College Empty
PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

School/College
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next